Week 16: Bills at Pats on MNF

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do you seriously believe that McDermott does not know his next opponent? 

3 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Hopefully that was a joke on Chandlers part, but seriously that dude is a moderator here...maybe he should learn his audience 🤷 🤔 

Given the emoji's at the end I'd guess it's just a Carolina joke.

2 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

To me that Tennessee game looked like our worst game of the season in terms of overall team performance. They all (including Allen) looked like they had been up drinking all night... ... ok, maybe not that bad... but they just looked tired...

Honestly, outside of KC, I feel like the Titans are perhaps the hardest matchup for us in the entire league. They're probably the most balanced offense in the NFL. Teams have to respect the run and the pass, and it's up to interpretation which is the bigger threat. And Vrabel is the real deal, as well. Having such a well balanced offense means that whatever weakness you show on defense may be exploited, and Vrabel is smart enough to recognize such weaknesses. Defending the Titans means being able to defend the entire field. 

I agree about the Titans being the team we don't want to face. They can beat us with Tannehill or Henry or a combination of both. And KC would be the team we want to face because that likely means we are in the AFC championship game. All the other teams in the playoffs I grade about the same. 

Going off of memory of the Titans game I was extremely impressed with the TD drive Allen orchestrated after the Titans took the early 7-0 drive. That particular scoring drive was probably Allen's best of the season, right there with the end of the half FG drive against the 49ers. Receivers were dropping balls and lineman were committing penalties on that drive but Allen still willed us to a TD. The penalties and drops continued throughout the game and the defense couldn't stop a nose bleed.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Not required? So it's not happening then. 

McDermott never creates bulletin board material or throws anyone under the bus it's just not something he does.

Which I like. Why make others mad or giveaway game thought processes just to appease writers or fans. I’d rather be appeased through winning the game then knowing something beforehand.

That thought wasn’t directed at you, just a thought in general.

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 1

Well, Bill Belichick is NOT a HOF Coach. But he’s certainly more likely to be one than Sean. One reason is because BB can tell you everything about every Offensive player in the League you’d like to know. Sean has shown innumerable times he doesn’t know players of his upcoming opponent.

But you already know all this. So, why the 3rd Degree? 

https://www.profootballhof.com/players/

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Well, Bill Belichick is NOT a HOF Coach. But he’s certainly more likely to be one than Sean. One reason is because BB can tell you everything about every Offensive player in the League you’d like to know. Sean has shown innumerable times he doesn’t know players of his upcoming opponent.

C'mon, Belichick will be a first ballot HOF coach as soon as he's eligible, we all know this.

I just question the whole premise that Sean doesn't know the players of his upcoming opponent.  I find that highly unlikely.  If you're drawing this conclusion on the basis of press conferences, that's probably pretty silly.  If you have some other reason for saying it, I think it's fair to ask what it is.

• Like (+1) 8

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

C'mon, Belichick will be a first ballot HOF coach as soon as he's eligible, we all know this.

I just question the whole premise that Sean doesn't know the players of his upcoming opponent.  I find that highly unlikely.  If you're drawing this conclusion on the basis of press conferences, that's probably pretty silly.  If you have some other reason for saying it, I think it's fair to ask what it is.

As much as I think his career has to do with Tom Brady, I give him a lot of credit for getting to 6-8 with Cam playing a bad as he has.

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

As much as I think his career has to do with Tom Brady, I give him a lot of credit for getting to 6-8 with Cam playing a bad as he has.

I think Garoppolo ends up in New England next year, that should be interesting.. It’s no secret that the 9ers are going to let him go.. it will be interesting to see what the Patriots look like next year..

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

wait wait wait a wait a minute... Your saying BB knows EVERYTHING about EVERY Offensive player in the league? Sorry.. this is a stretch.. BB does what he does just like any other HC. He looks at whos going to be on the field and game plans for it. (Best in league at doing so)  There is nothing special about BB other then that aspect, how he game plans, and half time changes.

Sorry Chandler I respect the heck out of ya but what your saying Is a reach. McD has been a coach in this league for a while himself.. I think your just way out there on this one. Everything your basing on is what is said in Pressers. Little bit of silliness going on here... 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

Now THIS is the best post ever on TBD! 

Obviously the wins and Super Bowls rings and such will get him there. I’m just curious to see how he does with not having what could be considered the best QB of all time....

How many players rave about Belichick as a person? Vs his football smarts. But a lot of coaches are football smart. Not every coach has a Tom Brady for 20 years.  All I’ve heard over the past 10 years is... Is it Belichick or Brady? Over the last 10 years I’ve heard players really don’t care for his style and choose New England to win Super Bowls. Post Brady, is the reason all of a sudden gonna be to play for Coach Belichick? I don’t see it...

Playing devil’s advocate, maybe that’s what the post/statement means. I think Belichick is done, If so what does that say? It may not be this year or next, but his reign is over.

Edited by CEN-CAL17

32 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Obviously the wins and Super Bowls rings and such will get him there. I’m just curious to see how he does with not having what could be considered the best QB of all time....

How many players rave about Belichick as a person? Vs his football smarts. But a lot of coaches are football smart. Not every coach has a Tom Brady for 20 years.  All I’ve heard over the past 10 years is... Is it Belichick or Brady? Over the last 10 years I’ve heard players really don’t care for his style and choose New England to win Super Bowls. Post Brady, is the reason all of a sudden gonna be to play for Coach Belichick? I don’t see it...

Playing devil’s advocate, maybe that’s what the post/statement means. I think Belichick is done, If so what does that say? It may not be this year or next, but his reign is over.

The true answer is that it was both. They were a perfect combination.

Brady doesn't look that great down in Tampa, either. And the talent surrounding him on that team is arguably much better than the Pats. But if he was still on the Pats this year, you know they'd be in the playoffs and possibly winning the division.

Every coach needs a good QB to succeed, no matter how good they are. And a QB on their own might win one SB, like Rodgers in GB. But it takes a special combo of coach/QB(/cheating) to win multiple and dominate for 2 decades.

If Belichick gets another QB, his reign certainly isn't over. I'm sure their FO has seen enough of Stidham. They'll either draft a QB or go for a legit FA next year.

• Like (+1) 1