Week 15 TNF: Chargers at Raiders 8:20 on Fox

2 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Yep just a few weeks ago he was saying Allen wasn’t any good. And now he’s crowning Herbert the next Marino or Elway. Wow 

Bradshaw can't think, so he's likely told what he believes before the game and tries to cram the facts to fit that, instead of analyzing what he sees and drawing conclusions.

Herbert was pretty good for 3 quarters but got ragged and scattershot at crunch time in the 4th quarter and OT. But for the Raiders deciding not to cover anyone ever, they lose the game. The decisions on some of the throws late was really iffy. But he was still pretty good and still a rookie.

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Might be an over reaction but I think that’s all she wrote on Derek Carr as a raider. Mariota is cheaper and moved the ball down the field better than Carr.  

I would say Gruden is worse than Lynn. His play calling is Atrocious and he single-handedly cost the Raiders a playoff spotAtrocious and he single-handedly cost the Raiders a playoff spot

You must have missed that atrocious pick at the end of regulation. Mariota is good backup because he can get the Raiders close in that spot and he's a good runner but he can't pass with any consistency.

largely it's a tough break for the Raiders there that they're starting quarterback got a groin strain but the Raiders can't situationally defend and the charge of special teams continues to be terrible. these teams aren't ready to make the playoffs this year but I think both of them are close, especially the Chargers.

1 minute ago, dma0034 said:

I would have gone for it at 4th and Goal. Your defense can't stop anyone. If you don't get it you hope the defense does but the Raiders didn't play for the win imo

The problem was the play calling went full turtle mode once it was goal-to-go.  They weren't even trying to get the ball in the endzone.  Gruden got what he deserved.

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

The Raiders defense is the worst I've seen in the NFL this season.  

There isn't anyone on that D I think I'd want on my team even as a backup. 

And yes I'm including Ferrell and Abram who were both out tonight. 

Need Miami to win out to keep the Ravens out or should I not bother rooting for that bc they leap an 11-5 Colts or Titans anyway?

Herbert is legit, but he was throwing to uncovered guys, by 5-10 feet, almost every drop back.   

Raiders D was embarrassing. 

3 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

I would have gone for it at 4th and Goal. Your defense can't stop anyone. If you don't get it you hope the defense does but the Raiders didn't play for the win imo

Raiders were sucking on short yardage. With that being said I was thinking the same. Stopping Herbert from scoring a TD was just not going to happen IMO. Might get a safety.

13 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

His offensive play calling is a dinosaur, he doesn’t adjust to the talent around him and would rather force his system on the players, he’s overrated. I could be wrong but last time I checked statistically he’s at the same level as Jeff Fisher. The 10 year 100 million contract ain’t working out to well lol

There was a time during the drought I would have been happy to take Gruden, but I'm glad he stayed in his cushy network job.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

There was a time during the drought I would have been happy to take Gruden, but I'm glad he stayed in his cushy network job.

And if Cowher comes back to coach, the team who hires him will realize the same thing.  

• Like (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, Gugny said:

And if Cowher comes back to coach, the team who hires him will realize the same thing.  

I think what’s happening with gruden is exactly why Cowher doesn’t want to get out of retirement. At this point these guys are just a Name. That’s it, Jon got a 10 year 100 million contract and so far has produced 3 losing seasons out of the 10 years. I bet you gruden probably wishes he stayed at ESPN in the booth. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I think what’s happening with gruden is exactly why Cowher doesn’t want to get out of retirement. At this point these guys are just a Name. That’s it, Jon got a 10 year 100 million contract and so far has produced 3 losing seasons out of the 10 years. I bet you gruden probably wishes he stayed at ESPN in the booth. 

Not with that 100 million contract. Not a chance

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Not with that 100 million contract. Not a chance

We’ll I’ll put it this way and not that he’d care much. But if he continues to have more losing seasons and gets fired then fans will question his super bowl win as a farce since he walked into the best situation any coach could walk into minus the QB spot. That’s why he should’ve just stayed in the booth,  could’ve kept his legacy where it was. And that’s Why Cowher won’t come back, he wants to

keep his legacy where it is and doesn’t want to risk screwing it all up. There’s already raider fans begging for Jon to be fired

4 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Might be an over reaction but I think that’s all she wrote on Derek Carr as a raider. Mariota is cheaper and moved the ball down the field better than Carr.  

What are you even talking about? Carr is having a pretty good season for only having a TE to throw to. He isn't going anywhere and he isn't the problem. 

6 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Gruden was just a name before.   He was hardly above .500 when he retired the first time.  He won a super bowl with Dungys team and has been living off of that ever since.  Davis is just like his old man, he lives in nostalgia.  They live going backwards.

That said, the Raiders need to get a new QB, like two years ago.  They try to win with a game manager, a good run game, and defense.  That will get you 8-8, 9-7 every year.  Too bad because Mayock is actually drafting really good talent.

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

Most likely he regresses next year

Given that he has looked so good as a rookie it makes me wonder if they will want to have continuity.  Obviously they will have a new ST coach and maybe a new HC but the problem with a new HC is it probably means a new OC unless they elevate the OC to the top job.  Shane Steichen is the gentleman's name.  He's 35 years old which seems to fit the profile of what people are doing these days. One problem with that thought is he has only been the OC for a year and a half, but he has been with the Chargers for 9 years and was QB coach before he was OC.

7 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I bet you 100 million reasons Gruden is happy he is on the Raiders sideline.