What are some of the NFL's COVID Rules you would like to see stay.

MAJBobby

1.  I would love to keep the expanded PS with no limits on who can sign like this year (alot of ability to get veteran depth in your organization).

2.  I love the IR, KEEP it that way were three weeks and you can come back, also keep the no limit.

3.  Expanded roster, I love the ease of the 2 free PS Callups, keep it, it is a way to add depth on gameday and reward those PS players busting their ass

Off top of my head that is all I can think of that I would love to see brought on as full time here on out, I also think all three help that 18 game schedule wish the owners would like. 

I want the expanded playoffs to go away.  Keep it at 6 teams or go full time to 8, if there is a bye given out it should be to both 1 and 2 seeds, if you are not going to do that then go to 8 in the playoff.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Keep the players in the locker room for the anthem but that’s about it.

33 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

1.  I would love to keep the expanded PS with no limits on who can sign like this year (alot of ability to get veteran depth in your organization).

2.  I love the IR, KEEP it that way were three weeks and you can come back, also keep the no limit.

3.  Expanded roster, I love the ease of the 2 free PS Callups, keep it, it is a way to add depth on gameday and reward those PS players busting their ass

Off top of my head that is all I can think of that I would love to see brought on as full time here on out, I also think all three help that 18 game schedule wish the owners would like. 

I want the expanded playoffs to go away.  Keep it at 6 teams or go full time to 8, if there is a bye given out it should be to both 1 and 2 seeds, if you are not going to do that then go to 8 in the playoff.

All of these too.

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to What are some of the NFL's COVID Rules you would like to see stay.

I wonder also if the “protected player status” every week has had any impact. It does seem Trey Adams is on our protected PS player every week. So I think I might also like that idea going forward with the expanded PS rosters as well. 

46 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I wonder also if the “protected player status” every week has had any impact. It does seem Trey Adams is on our protected PS player every week. So I think I might also like that idea going forward with the expanded PS rosters as well. 

All the points you have brought up would be appropriate improvements for player management, and to keep teams healthier (IR rule) and playing better football. It really does improve the product imo.

6 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

1.  We will jerk the Buffalo Bills around as much as possible.

2.  We will bend over forward to accommodate the Tennessee Titans, while screwing everyone else in the league, except the Ravens.

You mean those rules?

To be fair, they jerked the Steelers around too and favored the Patriots (IMO)

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

All of the above.  Great post and I really hope the NFL keeps an open mind about this.  The 3 week IR is necessary.  Full year IR IS ridiculous. They talk about the safety of the players being paramount, take action.  The previous IR rules are outdated and must be changed.  Just absurd tbh

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

All the roster flexibility stuff that @MAJBobbymentioned would be great honestly. Given the  other roster restrictions there’s no reason for a hard and fast 6 week IR rule. 

Those would all be great though it would be interesting to see how things might be different without the covid restrictions they seemed to damper trades and PS yoinking.

7 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

IR, for sure.