Missed extra point

Eriwood70

1 hour ago, ALLEN1QB said:

I know hindsight is 20/20 but why not use a timeout after the Pick 6 to let Bass warm up? He was sitting on the bench not expecting to come in since the defense was on the field. We ended up going to the half with 3 timeouts in our pocket. 

I’ve never seen or heard of anything like this. If you are worried the kicker needs time to warm up for an extra point you just go for 2. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

They need Better technology to determine these things. 

I've always wondered with the LED lights they have and power these days why they at minimum don't have yellow beams coming up to see what the ball went

1 hour ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

They should put a cross bar on the top and make them kick it through the box

My solution is a little different. Both one and two pointer are attempted from the 5 yard line. No holder allowed if attempting 1 point, has to be a drop kick. Tough to get it over the upright on a drop kick. We'll bring back Flutie to keep the defense guessing (for those who don't know, Flutie is the last one to successfully make a drop kick.)

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, chaccof said:

I'm not convinced that he actually missed it.  In looking at replays it sure looked like it was inside the goalpost, albeit, probably 30 feet above the end of the post.  I'm surprised in todays technology world the NFL hasn't come up with some sort of sensor that they can stick in the end of the goalpost, pointing up and also out (left or right depending on which post) that would "detect" whether a ball went over/through the sensor (and therefore, if so, its no good because it would have hit the post or been wide).  

Other people have the technology, it exists, and this would be a great first use for it.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

It’s XP not EP

It looked super close but was above the upright so not reviewable as was the case earlier this year.

“E”xtra point... 😁👍

don’t care about how wrong the NFL is... 

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

They should put a cross bar on the top and make them kick it through the box

Brilliant!

Taller posts, would fix the problem.

I love this thread so dam much!!!  It’s like reverse kyptonite.  It draws me in, makes me click on it and gives me power. 

13 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Assumes facts not in evidence.  The XP was good, as Bass got robbed again.  NFL Competition Committee should look to make the goal posts 5-10' higher.

Or put lasers on the top shooting upwards.  It’s not a hard fix for a problem that can decide games

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

You know we have a good team when our biggest concerns are 2-point defense and extra points.  Man, how far we've come.

I absolutely hear what you’re saying.

The only thing I would say to that is in the 51-3 victory against The Raiders Wide Right made a preview so to speak