Missed extra point

Eriwood70

I know hindsight is 20/20 but why not use a timeout after the Pick 6 to let Bass warm up? He was sitting on the bench not expecting to come in since the defense was on the field. We ended up going to the half with 3 timeouts in our pocket. 

Edited by ALLEN1QB
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ALLEN1QB said:

I know hindsight is 20/20 but why not use a timeout after the Pick 6 to let Bass warm up? He was sitting on the bench not expecting to come in since the defense was on the field. We ended up going to the half with 3 timeouts in our pocket. 

As hot as Bass has been you didn't expect him to miss a chippy

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ALLEN1QB said:

If it was a warm up issue then he shouldn't be doing anything else but warming up. Failing to prepare is preparing to fail. 

It was a rare error by Bass in recent weeks. Having said that, did it miss? I thought it was similar to the one in his first game.

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Surely you can't be serious....take a TO after a TD for your kicker?

Edited by nucci
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Eriwood70 said:

Was it just me, or did it look good? Is it possible that T Bass kicks it so high that the refs don’t see it go thru the uprights? It happened once already this season.

I've just questioned this in another thread. Looked very close to being good to me. I'll have another couple of looks on Gamepass to see if it's any clearer the day (sort of) after. 

3 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Because we might have needed them later to help us get 3 or 6?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Feels like the NFL’s equivalent to the MLB strikezone. Tech could do it better unquestionably, but they prefer the nostalgia. Personally, I love the ump calling balls and strikes over tech, but this is stupid on extra points. Especially with all the emphasis they put on cameras down the goal line. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, nucci said:

Surely you can't be serious....take a TO after a TD for your kicker?

That's exactly what I'm saying!!! You have the timeouts why not use them instead of throwing them away. I bet he would have made it if they would have just saying.

Edited by ALLEN1QB