Week 14 SNF: Bills Whoop Steelers PostGame Thread

2 minutes ago, Runningaces said:

Pittsburgh hasnt had a bye this season

They had an impromptu bye due to the Tennessee outbreak, so it wasn't a full bye.

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

it was their 3rd in 12 days... but its still a dumb gripe. its happened a ton in the past. Any team that plays 2 straight sundays and then a thursday plays 3 in 12. its a non issue.

It was more of an issue because of how it came about, but yeah, it's a fairly common occurrence due to TNF.

IMO, with athletes being so accustomed to a routine each week, the stop/start/reschedule crap didn't help during this stretch.  But their one dimensional O is more of a problem than the scheduling irregularities.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CorkScrewHill said:

They do not need Pats help .. win and they are champs .. tie goes to Buffalo

Dolphins are pretty banged up after yesterday.  Hated to see that injury to Gesicki.  That guy is a true gamer.  Without all those injuries, I don't think NE wins.  Now I am not so sure who wins that game.  Playing field has been evened a bit.

• Like (+1) 1

Dion Dawkins had a quote last night that exemplifies why I enjoy rooting for this team so much:

""Diggs is so special that as I see him play I just want to rip off my captain's 'C' and put it on his chest," said offensive tackle Dion Dawkins. "He's a stud man. He grinds and just continues to outperform and outshine everyone and prove that he's the guy. Stefon Diggs, he's gritty. That's our teammate and we love him and we're blessed to have him here."

These guys are very good individually. However, they are also greater than the sum of their parts.

Hats off to Beane for building it

Hats off to McDermott for leading it

Hats off to the players for their character.

The best of times.

• Like (+1) 9

This guy won the internet for me. Reddit comments are the best: 

"Can you imagine if there were Bills fans tonight? There would be at least 3 dildos on the field. They would have to fly in Tom Brady to clean up all the toys"

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Not sure if it's been discussed but it looked like Allen had Beasley wide open for the first down on that 3rd down play where he went bomb to Knox.   Obviously it resulted in a PI, which prevented what would have been a TD, but man.... at that moment, in fringe FG range, that was gutsy.

1 hour ago, eball said:

I think we need to focus on letting Daboll go out with a ring, and groom Dorsey to take the job over.  Daboll's as good as gone and I don't think money has anything to do with it.  You don't get into that business to turn down a chance to run the whole show.

Its possible he might wait for a specific job to open up that he likes..a lot of times these coordinators will take head coaching gigs for trainwreck organizations and they end up getting fired in 3 years and never get another chance 

8 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I do! Wanna see some pics?

Isn’t that illegal in like 30 States?

It’s sad, really. I understand talking heads have to go against a narrative to garner clicks, but Bills fans? 😢

Hell no!🤬 It was 7:11

Our resident heroes! 

Brother, you GOTTA get out more!

Who’s this ‘we ALL’? 😳 You got mice in your shorts?

You missed my sarcasm button on the signature win post.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, wjag said:

Curious question that doesn't require it's own thread.

Twice yesterday, one of which was in the Bills game, two penalties one offense, one defense.  5 yard procedure penalty on offense, personal foul on defense.  5 yarder is "declined" and 15 yarder enforced.  What year was this rule change put in?  Surprised when it happened yesterday in the day games.  Knew the result when it happened in Bills game.  To me, "declining" the procedural penalty is dumb.  If anything, it should still count.  Instead of enforcing 15 yards, maybe subtract 5 and enforce 10 yards and a first down.

i noticed it in the chiefs game as well. i remember thinking it didnt used to work like that. Used to be offsetting no matter the magnitude of either penalty 

57 minutes ago, blackngolddigger said:

They had an impromptu bye due to the Tennessee outbreak, so it wasn't a full bye.

It was more of an issue because of how it came about, but yeah, it's a fairly common occurrence due to TNF.

IMO, with athletes being so accustomed to a routine each week, the stop/start/reschedule crap didn't help during this stretch.  But their one dimensional O is more of a problem than the scheduling irregularities.

solid points....  you dont have to worry too much though. you get to go back to playing yet another backup qb this week. so that'll be business as usual there.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, wjag said:

My baker's dozen random game thoughts after a sleepless night:

1.  It was the worst of times, it was the best of times.  What a difference between the first half and second half for the offense.

2.  Gabe Davis seemingly makes a big play every week.  Nice TD grab.  Almost got a big one on the sideline when Josh threw it under duress.

3.  Taron Johnson had the play of the game.  Going into halftime with a lead after struggling to move the ball was such an enormous turn of events.

4.  Levi got beat badly on his TD.  He guessed corner and Washington went post.  So it was nice when Levi got that interception.  Took us to see the replay why the Bills coming out of commercial were on the 20 and not the 50.  Announcers never bothered to tell us he must have been ruled down by contact.

5.  Second time this year I remember them imploding a bit on a drive at the goal line.  First and goal and a TFL.  Second and goal a penalty backing them up.  The FG was all that was needed, but punching it in for a TD would have been necessary against a team like KC or GB.

6.  Pittsburgh is a physical team.  I figured we would lose players.  So color me surprised that most of the attrition was on their side of the field last night.  They now know what it feels like to play the Buffalo Bills.  Taron Johnson getting concussed was really unfortunate for that kid.  He was playing real good at the slot CB.

7.  Defense, defense, defense.  Could you imagine what it would have been like to be at that game?  Sitting on your hands and watching the 3 and outs.  Cheering on the defense and then watching 2 drives in the 3rd quarter (what I call the nightmare quarter) all the while stifling the Pittsburgh offense.  

8.  Running the ball that last drive while Roethlisberger could only wait, watch and hope was something rarely scene this year.  Ah no, you ain't getting it back.

9.  The 3rd and 11 completion to Knox.  Whoa Baby..  So, so, so satisfying.

10. Williams neutralizing TJ Watt was my first star of the game.  He quietly turned in his best game of the season tonight.  Hope there was some recognition in the locker room for him afterwards.  

11.  I was so happy to see Diggs get a TD.  He does a lot of the hard work and others get the glory.  That was a motivated guy out there last night.

12.  Bills had 36 total yards at the end of the first quarter.  Shows you how dominate they were in the second half.

13.  I think the NFL saw in the space of 6 days enough  of the Bills to believe they are now in the conversation for a good post season team.  And if that wasn't enough, Buffalo has two more prime time games.  Open the tailgate to the Bills bandwagon.  Lot's of folks will be jumping on now.  With the NO and Pittsburgh losses, the top 4 in the NFL are now:  KC, GB, Buf and NO.

4) I don't think he got beat badly as much as the Steelers used film study and tendencies against him on that play.  Collinsworth spoke very detailed about why the play worked so well because Washington based on the split that he took almost telegraphed that he was running a corner route due to there being so much space to the outside. Collinsworth specifically said you almost never see a post from that position and that is why Wallace was expecting the corner. Said it was a great play design to trick them.

• Like (+1) 1