Stephon Diggs with 100 catches on the year!

Process

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Diggs has 100 catches for 1,167 yards and 5 TDs.  Can anyone dig up that Diggs season stat prediction thread started prior to the season?

I dare say that Josh, at the same stage of their careers, is already a better QB than Jim.  Both in their 3rd years in the NFL and certainly Jim's rookie year, considering he was playing professional football for 2 years in the USFL.

They belong to different eras and it is not appropriate to compare their statistics...We are in a pass happy NFL today.  Jim was in a different era and was always a top QB.   Let us enjoy the Josh ride. 

37 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Eric Moulds is an under rated Bill by many...

And didn't really have the right QB to sustain excellence

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Diggs is absolutely the best WR in the AFC. I’m not sure I’d say he’s definitely better then Hopkins so I will fall short of saying the NFL..but AFC, this is the guy

WR Power Rankings (I'm better then PFF):

1. Adams 

2. Hopkins

3. Diggs

4. Hill

5. Thomas 

6. Evans

7. Keenan 

8. Allen Robinson 

9. DK

10. Julio 

Kupp, Ridley, McClaurin, Woods, Godwin 

Edited by Big Blitz

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Vikings fans think they got the better of the deal

still?

I don’t know if they think that still, but in my estimation this trade worked out well for both teams. Diggs was never gonna get this type of work in Minnesota so being able to ship him for those picks and get Justin Jefferson is a win for them. 

But definitely a bigger win for us.

• Like (+1) 1

He made the difference again last night. Brilliant football player. We are not 10-3 without him.

4 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

It’s really crazy. 

I just can’t contemplate his success. You watch half these catches and you’re just like, how was he so open? The come backs, the crossers, the Diggs (no pun intended) and it just seems so simple.

Strong hands. 

Great awareness of the ball.

Good route runner.

Adds some YAC at times.

Dedicated to the W. 

A true blocker. 

Makes everyone else around him better.

Edit: slight props to Josh here, too, for recognizing the talent and building their chemistry. This trust and fluency in theirs game has been so important to his success.

How is he so open? Because there is nobody in the NFL who runs routes better than Stefon Diggs. There might be guys who do other things better than Diggs. But there isn't anyone who runs better routes.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

My favorite line from Tirico and Collinsworthless was when Tirico excitedly announced that, "Diggs is CRUSHING the Steelers!"

Nice job Tirico. Even better job to Diggs.

For all the nashing of teeth about Al Michaels not doing the game I thought Tirico called the game well. I am a fan of Collinsworth and think anyone who thinks he hated on the Bills last night really would have to be trying to think that. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

For all the nashing of teeth about Al Michaels not doing the game I thought Tirico called the game well. I am a fan of Collinsworth and think anyone who thinks he hated on the Bills last night really would have to be trying to think that. 

I prefer Torico to al. Collins wasn’t bad tonight, but I usually find it difficult to listen to him. 

2 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

I prefer Torico to al. Collins wasn’t bad tonight, but I usually find it difficult to listen to him. 

The accusation on Collinsworth is he only knows about and gushes about the big market teams.... but he obviously knows more about the teams he covers most often. I thought he showed he had done his research about the Bills before the game last night and I thought he gave us plenty of props for how we played.

Great stuff on Diggs in Fairburn's article here: https://theathletic.com/2259486/2020/12/14/bills-show-key-ingredients-for-playoff-success-in-win-over-steelers/

This was the scene as the Bills went to the locker room at halftime of their Sunday night game against the Steelers: The Bills had a 9-7 lead but looked fortunate to have it. Taron Johnson intercepted Ben Roethlisberger just before halftime and returned it 51 yards for a touchdown to give the Bills the halftime edge. But the offense looked discombobulated against the Steelers’ league-best defense. Josh Allen was erratic in the face of Pittsburgh’s pass rush, throwing numerous errant passes off his back foot as the Bills’ offense turned the ball over twice. Allen completed 10 of his 23 passes for 76 yards through two quarters. Stefon Diggs had three catches for 38 yards. The offense netted just 102 yards.

Everything changed when the Bills came out of the locker room, but it was what happened in the locker room that sparked that change. According to Allen, Diggs had a ton of juice at the intermission. Diggs wanted the ball. Diggs was ready to take over the game.

So what changed for the Bills’ offense after halftime when Allen came out and completed all 10 of his passes for 116 yards and two touchdowns in the third quarter?

“We started throwing it to Stef,” Allen said.

7 hours ago, Doc said:

What a great trade that was.  I knew we wouldn't care about what the Bills had given up.  It was all worth it.

See below. This guy & me agree with you!

7 hours ago, CLTbills said:

So true. Of all the WR's out there, Diggs was always the one I wanted.

We are legitimate Super Bowl contenders.

Agreed.

5 hours ago, ganesh said:

They belong to different eras and it is not appropriate to compare their statistics...We are in a pass happy NFL today.  Jim was in a different era and was always a top QB.   Let us enjoy the Josh ride. 

And didn't really have the right QB to sustain excellence

True, different eras.  I'm talking more about Jim's TD:turnover ratio in his 3rd year, much less his rookie season, compared to Josh's.