The josh haters are out in force today

Sharky7337

Just now, matter2003 said:

Funnier than this is when they said beating the league MVP at the time Russell Wilson and the Seahawks would be the Bills "Signature Win" and Allen went out and b!tchslapped them...now 4 weeks later that no longer counts because the Seahawks have slipped a little bit...

So if we beat the Steelers and then they lose to the Colts and Browns too, that no longer counts either??

Exactly. I think it already won't count because the Steelers have injuries.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/8/2020 at 8:04 PM, Jauronimo said:

I don't think Keyshawn watches NFL football.

I finally watched this, and I can't say I agree.

Not a Keyshawn fan since his Jets days,  but he says that Josh is in the conversation for great young quarterbacks but not at the Aaron Rogers/Mahomes level yet.

He then goes on to add "to me...some would say I don't know what I'm talking about. He's not there yet, but he's certainly headed in that direction, leading the charge."

He follows that up by saying the smartest thing the Bills did, and mentions GM Brandon Beane, was trade for Stefon Diggs.

I was actually more impressed by him than most. He knew the players, he knew the history, he knew the stats, and wasn't reading from a cue card. And his comments about JA17 seem on point to me. Is he playing at an Aaron or Mahomes level right now - yeah. So was Wentz for a while. Can we say he's Aaron or Mahomes level - nope. He still has to show continuity and as much as hate using wins and losses or playoff performance as a metric, they count when you're debating the best of the best.

• Like (+1) 3

"I don't even remember the question, but I love the answer!"

😂😂

42 minutes ago, timekills17 said:

I finally watched this, and I can't say I agree.

Not a Keyshawn fan since his Jets days,  but he says that Josh is in the conversation for great young quarterbacks but not at the Aaron Rogers/Mahomes level yet.

He then goes on to add "to me...some would say I don't know what I'm talking about. He's not there yet, but he's certainly headed in that direction, leading the charge."

He follows that up by saying the smartest thing the Bills did, and mentions GM Brandon Beane, was trade for Stefon Diggs.

I was actually more impressed by him than most. He knew the players, he knew the history, he knew the stats, and wasn't reading from a cue card. And his comments about JA17 seem on point to me. Is he playing at an Aaron or Mahomes level right now - yeah. So was Wentz for a while. Can we say he's Aaron or Mahomes level - nope. He still has to show continuity and as much as hate using wins and losses or playoff performance as a metric, they count when you're debating the best of the best.

I think this is a reasonable take.  I know I had it when people were all like "put his bust in Canton already" about Lamar Jackson early this year.  OK, had a great year - but these guys are doing it year after year, and that's an integral part of the meaning of "Franchise QB" - he's "Mr Right" long-term for the Franchise, not "Mr Right Now".

But then, I am the one who said I love to store up bad takes so I can serve them with.....

Y'all entitled to take that into account when I say it's reasonable

• Haha (+1) 2

I guess this is as good a place as any

Signature wins

https://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/312705/improving-buffalo-bills-need-signature-win-vs-steelers-to-join-afcs-elite

Improving Buffalo Bills need signature win vs. Steelers to join AFC's elite

The NFL sent a memo Wednesday detailing various scenarios in which the top teams in each conference can clinch a playoff berth in Week 14 -- a list that included the Buffalo Bills (9-3).

Two years ago, the chatter surrounding the Bills this time of year revolved around who they would be able to select with their eventual top-10 pick in the 2018 NFL draft. Now, Buffalo fans are debating whether to root for the Kansas City Chiefs (11-1) to beat the Miami Dolphins (8-4) and extend the Bills' lead in the AFC East, or for a Miami victory that would boost Buffalo's chances to take the AFC's No. 1 seed

23 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Josh Allen hater Nick Wright is a Bills fan this week.

Allen was hampered by a shoulder injury more than he led on and also it took Daboll and him a little while to get comfortable against the disguised zone defenses teams started playing...San Fran wasn't so successful when they tried to replicate it.

Plus, QBs are not going to be great every single game. None of them are, not even Mahomes.

Allen, has raised his floor significantly. We can still win when Allen plays what is a poor game now because his poor games were his average games last year in some cases.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/10/2020 at 6:27 PM, JGMcD2 said:

I've read prior thread re Bomani "hatred" for JA, and I trust I understand the arguments back and forth.

But honestly, after listening to the relevant sounds bite--and in my best (sotto voce) Bob De Niro voice--all I can say is "this sounds a little bit racist."

But, what the hell, I'm sure they'll come around.

1 hour ago, Dukestreetking said:

I've read prior thread re Bomani "hatred" for JA, and I trust I understand the arguments back and forth.

But honestly, after listening to the relevant sounds bite--and in my best (sotto voce) Bob De Niro voice--all I can say is "this sounds a little bit racist."

This is now the second time he’s said the only people hyping Allen are white and they are doing it for racial reasons. 

2 months ago, after Allen won player of the FREAKIN month, he said white fans were hyping Allen because they wanted a different skin color at the top of the qb lists, as most good young qb’s are black. 

Also when Foxworth mentions how they were asked the question about Allen and Jackson the other day. He hints that it was racially motivated because 2 white guys picked Allen. he forgot to mention Desmond Howard picked Allen over Jackson as well.... but that wouldn’t fit the “only racists think Allen is good” narrative. 

These 2 are complete garbage in my eyes. Routinely pulling out the race card at the drop of a hat. Scumbags.... the both of them. 

.... as for their comments on Allen’s play? To listen to them you would think they were talking about a guy on his way out of the league and not Vegas’ 3rd best odds getter in the MVP race.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

This is now the second time he’s said the only people hyping Allen are white and they are doing it for racial reasons. 

2 months ago, after Allen won player of the FREAKIN month, he said white fans were hyping Allen because they wanted a different skin color at the top of the qb lists, as most good young qb’s are black. 

Also when Foxworth mentions how they were asked the question about Allen and Jackson the other day. He hints that it was racially motivated because 2 white guys picked Allen. he forgot to mention Desmond Howard picked Allen over Jackson as well.... but that wouldn’t fit the “only racists think Allen is good” narrative. 

These 2 are complete garbage in my eyes. Routinely pulling out the race card at the drop of a hat. Scumbags.... the both of them. 

.... as for their comments on Allen’s play? To listen to them you would think they were talking about a guy on his way out of the league and not Vegas’ 3rd best odds getter in the MVP race.

I agree they make it all about race and not just this topic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Dukestreetking said:

I'm not. This is gutter level racism at its worst.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1