The josh haters are out in force today

Sharky7337

2 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Here's another Bills hater Keyshawn Johnson.

Ahhhhh yes, the ole "signature win" mantra. Nooooo, that didn't happen last year with all of the 4th quarter comebacks or the Dallas game on Thanksgiving. Nooooo, that didn't happen when he torched Miami this year. Nooooo, that didn't happen when he led the team down on a game winning drive in the final seconds against the NFC West leading Rams. Nooooo, that didn't happen when we were up against the MVP frontrunner at the time in Russell Wilson where he destroyed the Seattle secondary for 60 minutes less than 24 hours after the passing of his grandmother. Nooooo, not when he spanked the Raiders. Nooooo, not after last night's nationally televised drumming of the SF 49ers whom the announcers, pre-game hosts, and basically everyone was ballwashing after last week's victory over the Rams as well as during the game last night while they were getting their butts handed to them. 

It's cool though. I like it. Let them keep doubting, hating, whatever. It just adds fuel to the fire that burns not only in Josh, but the rest of this team as a whole because they keep being slept on. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

The GMFB crew we're raving about him, so we're the NBC sports guys, and Shannon Sharpe was in awe of some of what he did.

Nick Wright just needs a hug and some clicks.  He's got nothing but to troll.

The hate is deep in Nick Wright.  He's sounds like a huge Browns and Mayfield fan and with him it seems it can't be both, bur one or the other. 

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

His choice of plays to demonstrate this:

😂

Pro Tip Cian: Dion Dawkins doesn't refer to Allen as "an Angel back there", talk about how fortunately he's big so he can take more hits than other QB, and suggest Joey Bosa gets his pro-bowl vote because they protect him so perfectly.

What a moron. Look at the first play. His arm is otherworldly!! Rolling out and throwing it like that. Jaw dropping. There is a Howitzer attached to his body.

And "offence"? Wth is that. Is he British? The guy is low IQ.

53 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I will never understand why anyone takes this guy seriously when it comes to QB evaluations. He’s just some random dude from Ireland. 

I think he lucked out because American football started catching on in Europe but there were few media types there who understood the game. Obviously he doesn't either, but if you don't know any better he comes off as knowledgeable. He managed to parlay that into a couple of gigs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LanderPoke said:

What a moron. Look at the first play. His arm is otherworldly!! Rolling out and throwing it like that. Jaw dropping. There is a Howitzer attached to his body.

And "offence"? Wth is that. Is he British? The guy is low IQ.

I am not trying to hate on our OL or Daboll. But I would say Josh has been successful in spite of them more often than because of them. If this was a "they got Diggs so of course he will be better" argument at least that makes sense. Bills OL has played some good games and some shaky ones. Same goes for Daboll. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Gordio said:

On Getup Jeff Saturday, Mcelroy, Green & Canti all were blown away and couldnt say enough nice things about Allen.  Saturday said " Allen is special" Mcelroy said the growth in Allen is so fun to watch & even jay Green who is a diehard Jet Fan said "Allens developement is an organizational success story."  

If Steven A said baker is better, I honestly can't take anything he says seriously again.  The only QB I would take over Allen right now is Mahomes.  That is it.  

I might consider Rodgers and Wilson, too, myself but they have been in the league 15 and 8 years respectively, so if I were building a team that could win now and into the foreseeable future, I'd go Mahomes first, Allen second.   At the beginning of this season, I had Allen ranked second in the 2018 QB class to Lamar Jackson, but he's clearly surpassed Jackson (even if Jackson hadn't faltered recently), and while Baker Mayfield has recovered from his bad sophomore season, he's not proven himself as consistently good or as consistently clutch as Allen.   A lot of people -- probably including some Bills fans -- have probably forgotten that the Bills looked to have won that    game against the Cards on that beautiful Allen to Diggs TD pass in the closing minute, and Allen's led the Bills to wins by overcoming deficits late in games several times over the last two years.   He's the real deal.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

😂

Pro Tip Cian: Dion Dawkins doesn't refer to Allen as "an Angel back there", talk about how fortunately he's big so he can take more hits than other QB, and suggest Joey Bosa gets his pro-bowl vote because they protect him so perfectly.

As someone who spend much of this century ranting at the Buffalo Bills for a) not building a quality OL  and b) not providing their numerous QBs with adequate targets, I find this guy Cian's take a lot of bull manure.   No QB -- not Brees, not Mahomes, not Rodgers, not Wilson -- can succeed without protection and targets.   Good protection and targets -- along with good/great coaching --- allows a QB to demonstrate his true talent level, whether it's modest like Nick Mullins or Ryan Fitzpatrick or great like Patrick Mahomes or Aaron Rodgers -- or Josh Allen.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Can someone explain wtf this guy is talking about starting @4:40

His hypothesis seems to be that Josh didn't get better the Bills coaching staff did, which is moronic or perhaps he just is not articulating his observations well. Cowherd looks like he has been on a alcoholic bender over his Covid isolation.

Coaching around Allen has stayed consistent. I would get behind a statement that any rookie QB with the potential to improve to a franchise level of play better realizes that potential when they land on a stable team with good coaches that know how to leverage their innate abilities (and surround them with the right talent to help realize that potential).

Somewhere lost in his calculation is that QBs have to put in the work, have to be "coachable", and have to show that they are taking that coaching and successfully applying it to their performance on the field.

The potential was there, but Allen was not accurate early on (in the NFL sense of touch, anticipation, throwing receivers open, and mechanics) - he held the ball too long, locked onto receivers, did not throw with anticipation, rifled late passes off the mark, resorted to bailing and running for his life, could not read defenses. All these things he shouldered and worked his tail off to improve and he did improve them dramatically.

Saying it was just coaching really devalues the effort it took for Allen to get to where he is now. 

A really bad oversimplification of how QBs can be successfully groomed in the right system.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

There are going to be non-believers until Josh proves himself over multiple seasons. He probably has to win in the playoffs too. The fact is his college career and first two NFL seasons were so raw that the bar is higher for him to earn trust from the average fan that isn't watching him every week. Hopefully opposing coaches continue to underestimate him too. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I am not trying to hate on our OL or Daboll. But I would say Josh has been successful in spite of them more often than because of them. If this was a "they got Diggs so of course he will be better" argument at least that makes sense. Bills OL has played some good games and some shaky ones. Same goes for Daboll. 

You realize that far more goes into the OC position than what happens on Sundays right?

29 minutes ago, VW82 said:

There are going to be non-believers until Josh proves himself over multiple seasons. He probably has to win in the playoffs too. The fact is his college career and first two NFL seasons were so raw that the bar is higher for him to earn trust from the average fan that isn't watching him every week. Hopefully opposing coaches continue to underestimate him too. 

^^^^This is pretty much how I felt- but also because of the last 20 years of Bills QB play...

After everything Bills fans have been through, there was a time I really didn’t think we would ever find another top QB...the organization was so inept...

But Josh has become such an assassin when he drops back to pass...it’s just amazing how far this franchise has come, at the QB position...

You almost wanna freeze time, just to savor the moment as long as you can...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

😂

That dude has always been a hack. I know Schopp has had him on as an "expert" in the past...I laughed at most of his takes...I could scout better blindfolded...I can't believe people like him make a living doing it...

Maybe I'm just jealous...Who knows? 😎

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Ahhhhh yes, the ole "signature win" mantra. Nooooo, that didn't happen last year with all of the 4th quarter comebacks or the Dallas game on Thanksgiving. Nooooo, that didn't happen when he torched Miami this year. Nooooo, that didn't happen when he led the team down on a game winning drive in the final seconds against the NFC West leading Rams. Nooooo, that didn't happen when we were up against the MVP frontrunner at the time in Russell Wilson where he destroyed the Seattle secondary for 60 minutes less than 24 hours after the passing of his grandmother. Nooooo, not when he spanked the Raiders. Nooooo, not after last night's nationally televised drumming of the SF 49ers whom the announcers, pre-game hosts, and basically everyone was ballwashing after last week's victory over the Rams as well as during the game last night while they were getting their butts handed to them. 

It's cool though. I like it. Let them keep doubting, hating, whatever. It just adds fuel to the fire that burns not only in Josh, but the rest of this team as a whole because they keep being slept on. 

Preach!  Buffalo vs Everybody!

LOLOLOLOL!  C'mon Stefon, that man got family watchin LOL

Stefon Diggs has no chill when it comes to snatching ankles 😤 @stefondiggs @BuffaloBills

📺 #BUFvsSF on ESPN pic.twitter.com/5XKS2XL9V2

— The Checkdown (@thecheckdown) December 8, 2020

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Nick Wright is just trying to use billsmafia to give him more hate clicks and mentions.  Have no idea how this guy is on tv.  He’s probably the worst sports “personality” in history of personalities. What a bum

His job is to carry Lebron's water and cover for Lebron's human rights hypocrisy with respect to China and Nike.   That is the only reason he is still on tv.

What I think is amazing is since he was drafted our main WRs over the 3 years have been Zay, Foster, Brown, Beas and Diggs. I’m not a stats guy but I think all of them have had the best season of their career with Josh throwing them the ball.