49ers to a man say they knew what the Bills were going to do on offense, were not surprised but were helpless to stop them

Big Turk

50 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Shanahan basically said they would have needed to score pretty much every drive and it felt like last years New Orleans game where they ended up winning 48-46

He also said the "I'm not taking anything away from them but" 

The 49ers fan who called in  in this clip sums up the game a little more accurately

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

I don't think he said they were...he said they did everything they could to do it...I interpreted it as him saying they tried their hardest and were not successful.

That was Moss who coughed it up, BTW.

Actually, I think Josh got charged w the fumble....Moss never had possession, so you can't charge him.  Bad exchange...ball hit Moss forearm.  I don't know whose fault that is, but, whatever.

2 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Actually, I think Josh got charged w the fumble....Moss never had possession, so you can't charge him.  Bad exchange...ball hit Moss forearm.  I don't know whose fault that is, but, whatever.

Moss closed his grasp before the ball got there.  100% on Moss.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

The announcers said it was on Moss who got a little nervous...they said RBs are taught to never clamp down on the ball until they feel it hit their gut, and Moss clamped on it way too early on that play.  

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I don't think he said they were...he said they did everything they could to do it...I interpreted it as him saying they tried their hardest and were not successful.

That was Moss who coughed it up, BTW.

Thanks - I do stand corrected on that...total brain fart there......hope it didn't stink too bad! 😔

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't what game Sherman was watching where San Fran got lots of pressure on Josh? The game was won by the Bills offensive line keeping Josh clean for the most part. And if they all knew everything the Bills were running why were McKenzie and Davis wide open for their touchdowns?

They did force him out of the pocket a fair amount, but he just calmly slide to the side and threw from there.   Could consider that as pressure, just wasn't very effective.  Half the QB's in the league that would work against.

Just now, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

They did force him out of the pocket a fair amount, but he just calmly slide to the side and threw from there.   Could consider that as pressure, just wasn't very effective.  Half the QB's in the league that would work against.

The throw where Allen climbed the pocket and weaved around 4 defenders before calmly flicking the ball to Diggs was just pure magic.  And he makes it look so easy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Didnt look like they knew what McKenzie was doing on his touchdown.  Also didnt look like they knew what they were going to do on the Davis touchdown.

Not a fan of the 49ers, a lot of ego from the coaching staff on down.

I was gonna post this exact thing pretty much word for word.

The niners are just annoying.  Im surprised they havent blamed it on Jimmy G being out even though Mullens is a better qb anyway.

The score wasn't really an accurate representation of the game. We crushed those guys, one punt the entire game.   See ya next year niners.

6 hours ago, matter2003 said:

You wanted them to play man against Allen last night?  It might have been worse than it was. Allen and Mahomes are the only 2 QBs in the NFL with an 80+ QBR against both man and zone coverages.  It's not like that was going to help much.  Oh yeah, Allen also has one of the highest QB Ratings in the NFL against the blitz as well, so it would have looked like the Seahawk game if they tried that.

They had to pick their poison and find a way to keep up they didn't.

Dre Greenlaw:

“I think that’s probably the worst part, we knew exactly what they were running just from head to toe, and we just came up short,” Greenlaw said. “It’s kind of a weird feeling. We knew exactly what they were running.” 

Reminds me of I think Tony Gungy who preached to get your basics down like linemen being that fraction of a second faster to react to a snap, receivers making the cuts in their routes that tiny bit sharper, being that tiny bit better at seeing white knuckles on a D-lineman giving away a blitz, that you can tell them what play you are running and they won't be able to stop it.

6 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Josh was 32/40 for 375 yards and 4 scores.

I can only imagine how much worse it would have been for the 49ers if they DIDNT know what the Bills were doing.

100% comp ratio

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger 

13 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Yes but if they knew what was coming why did they let it happen I guess.  Maybe im biased because of all the fawning over Saleh this week but Dabs out coached him imo.

Yeah Shanny showed his arrogance and hubris postgame. Basically felt it would be shoot out and they had to match but left/missed a few on O. As in his QB and O didn’t execute his great plays and game plan. Bills were dominant and score wasn’t reflective of just how they blasted the physical 49ers.

Daboll was playing chess and Saleh checkers while checking his look 👀 in the mirror getting ready for his interviews. 

13 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I think we take for granted how easily Josh evades pressure. There had to be five plays in the first half alone that the Niners got quick strong pressure, Josh just avoided it and rolled out and then threw a pass for a completion. Once he threw it away. He got great protection in the second half. 

Agree his footwork either stepping up in pocket or out as needed has made him special. Brady made his career out of stepping up or slight slide to free himself. Josh doing that makes him really next level as it’s his brain and body on same page. Unreal. 

11 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

It was charged to Allen because of the rules. But it was 100% Moss's fault. And I'm sure Moss would be the first person to tell you that.

13 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Back in the Superbowl days, that's what opponents (and some of the Bills) used to say - "they knew exactly what we were going to do, and they couldn't stop it"

The 90s Bills ran the counter trey over and over for like 6 straight years. Everyone knew it was coming, but with our O-line and the ball in Thurman's hands, no one could stop it. It's the ultimate taunt really. Like when Larry Bird would tell a defender the exact spot on the court where he was going to hit a game winner from, over that player, and then he would go out and do exactly that. It's demoralizing to the opponent to know what is coming and not be able to do a damn thing about it..

• Like (+1) 1