49ers to a man say they knew what the Bills were going to do on offense, were not surprised but were helpless to stop them

Big Turk

Don't know why people are getting pissed at the Niners for saying this. It amounts to "they have too much offensive talent so nothing we did worked."

Brian Griese said pretty much the same thing. They played zone, Allen threw underneath -- accurately, on time -- and chewed up the yardage.

They tried to bring pressure, their CBs (including 32 year old Richard Sherman) were helpless against the likes of Diggs or even Gabriel Davis, particularly when Allen could extend plays. And fewer men in the box? Rewarded with some effective runs from Singletary.

This is high praise. It's not "they caught us on some trick plays" or "we were out of position too often." It's "their offense is better than our defense." It's right there in the quotes, comparing us to the Saints and saying the only way they could've won this was in a 48-45 type shootout. Which is kind of like saying we can't win it with Nick Mullens at QB.

I love it.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

He also said the "I'm not taking anything away from them but" 

The 49ers fan who called in  in this clip sums up the game a little more accurately

Great take by the fan, and who is this guy Ronbo?  He's better than about 90% of the hacks and windbags in sports commentary.  I wish Bills social media types did an uncensored call-in show.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Great take by the fan, and who is this guy Ronbo?  He's better than about 90% of the hacks and windbags in sports commentary.  I wish Bills social media types did an uncensored call-in show.

While I appreciate what the 49er fan had to say, I will quibble with his take on Deebo Samuel. The Niners didn’t get him involved too late, our defense took him away the first 55 minutes of the game.

A lot of times everyone knows what the other team is going to do, especially this late in the season.

If you play the Titans, their offense is pretty much handing the ball off 167 times to Henry and making a throw here and there. 

If you played the Brady NE teams, it was a bunch of dink and dunk 3 yard passes to a wide open Welker or Edelman, with an occasional seam route to Gronk once you really tried to lock the short stuff up. If all else failed, and you shut that all down, Brady would toss a screen or short pass into the flat to some RB nobody ever heard off, who would catch 13 passes for 174 yards or something stupid. 

This is why Peyton didn't win more rings, IMO. His offense was downfield passing. He liked chunks. That's easier to take away, and bad weather helps as well. 

Knowing is one thing. Stopping it is another!

While checking out a 49ers fan forum for their reaction to the lost.One fan accurately describe Josh's performance as "Tom Brady like,with wheels like Jackson,and Aaron Roger's arm.

Yeah,that pretty much says it all!

Also,I might add.

Josh is becoming a Phenom,when rolling right and throwing right.Some of those passes and catches are mind blowing.

Hope Daboll has a lot of left oriented plays planned,because I believe the Steelers will be hitting us hard on the right side this Sunday.