My Man Cole Beasley

All the negative, here's some stuff that is fun to watch.   Cole Beasley is a Beast, and this deserves to be seen.

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/every-catch-from-cole-beasley-s-109-yard-game-week-10

(note: not sure the catches are in this order in the video)

Catch #1: Beas jukes the guy covering him out of his jock and makes him fall down to turn a 2 yards completion into a 9 yd gain.

Catch #2: Turns upfield fast and turns nothing into 5 yds

Catch #3:  9 yds. Makes the catch and literally claws his way up field as he's going down for some extra yards.

Catch #4:  13 yds.   Again, throws himself forward and dives for extra yards

Catch #5:  22 yds, TD.  Beautiful throw, beautiful catch.  Beasley puts himself in just the right place and Josh finds him. 

Catch #6: 6 yds, 1st down.  Allen is under pressure, Beasley makes himself "QB friendly" and turns quickly

Catch #7: 12 yds.  Just another day at the office.

Catch #8: 4 yds, 1st down.  This is a highlight reel catch.  Allen is under pressure and hit as he throws.  Beasley uses that 34" vertical to make a spectacular leaping 1 handed grab and somehow get his second foot down in bounds while being pushed.  The DB can not believe Bease made that catch against him and stayed in bounds, but it isn't even debateable.

Catch #9: 17 yds, 1st down, out of bounds to stop the clock with 1:22 left.

Catch #10: 4 yds.  Allen chooses a covered Bease over a wide open Moss.  Why wouldn't he?

11 of 13 for 109 yds, 84.6% catch %.  A TD, something like 5 1st down conversions and one more by penalty.  

This season 82% catch % on the season and about 1/3 of his YAC. 

And it just drips out of his postgame presser that he doesn't care a bit about that because we lost.  He just wants to win.

I can't find it now, but one of the pundits (maybe it was on TV) was making the point that Beasley is filling many of the functions a good TE serves for a young QB: that sure-handed outlet receiver who can make a few YAC and help move the chains. 

Imagine how much better we could be if we had Beasley AND a good TE.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

All the negative, here's some stuff that is fun to watch.   Cole Beasley is a Beast, and this deserves to be seen.

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/every-catch-from-cole-beasley-s-109-yard-game-week-10

(note: not sure the catches are in this order in the video)

Catch #1: Beas jukes the guy covering him out of his jock and makes him fall down to turn a 2 yards completion into a 9 yd gain.

Catch #2: Turns upfield fast and turns nothing into 5 yds

Catch #3:  9 yds. Makes the catch and literally claws his way up field as he's going down for some extra yards.

Catch #4:  13 yds.   Again, throws himself forward and dives for extra yards

Catch #5:  22 yds, TD.  Beautiful throw, beautiful catch.  Beasley puts himself in just the right place and Josh finds him. 

Catch #6: 6 yds, 1st down.  Allen is under pressure, Beasley makes himself "QB friendly" and turns quickly

Catch #7: 12 yds.  Just another day at the office.

Catch #8: 4 yds, 1st down.  This is a highlight reel catch.  Allen is under pressure and hit as he throws.  Beasley uses that 34" vertical to make a spectacular leaping 1 handed grab and somehow get his second foot down in bounds while being pushed.  The DB can not believe Bease made that catch against him and stayed in bounds, but it isn't even debateable.

Catch #9: 17 yds, 1st down, out of bounds to stop the clock with 1:22 left.

Catch #10: 4 yds.  Allen chooses a covered Bease over a wide open Moss.  Why wouldn't he?

11 of 13 for 109 yds, 84.6% catch %.  A TD, something like 5 1st down conversions and one more by penalty.  

This season 82% catch % on the season and about 1/3 of his YAC. 

And it just drips out of his postgame presser that he doesn't care a bit about that because we lost.  He just wants to win.

I can't find it now, but one of the pundits (maybe it was on TV) was making the point that Beasley is filling many of the functions a good TE serves for a young QB: that sure-handed outlet receiver who can make a few YAC and help move the chains. 

Imagine how much better we could be if we had Beasley AND a good TE.

I would rather have a 50 year old Jason Witten then the TE's that we currently have on the roster. I still cannot believe we didn't make a move at the trade deadline for David Njoku.

11 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I would rather have a 50 year old Jason Witten then the TE's that we currently have on the roster. I still cannot believe we didn't make a move at the trade deadline for David Njoku.

I like Njoku but the Bills are cash strapped and not sure they even had the money to pay him.  Drafting a Tight End is a must in April.

It's kind of funny - I didn't like him at all when he was a Cowboy. But that's really because he was so good - always open.

He has become one of my favorite Bills. Not just current, either.  He's clutch, consistent & has a great winning attitude.  And he loves being a Bill.

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Success said:

It's kind of funny - I didn't like him at all when he was a Cowboy. But that's really because he was so good - always open.

He has become one of my favorite Bills. Not just current, either.  He's clutch, consistent & has a great winning attitude.  And he loves being a Bill.

I live in Cowboys territory...I hated the little ***** for years...change in uniform, change in (my) attitude!  He really is fantastic...I honestly think he is playing even better for us that he did with the Pokes. That may just be a function of him being more vital to our offense than he was in Dallas...but he is vital.  Just git rid of that damn man-bun though! :)

13 minutes ago, Buftex said:

I live in Cowboys territory...I hated the little ***** for years...change in uniform, change in (my) attitude!  He really is fantastic...I honestly think he is playing even better for us that he did with the Pokes. That may just be a function of him being more vital to our offense than he was in Dallas...but he is vital.  Just git rid of that damn man-bun though! :)

change in latitude, change in attitude!

• Like (+1) 1

I love what cole has done, playing the best ball of his life,  catching every ball that comes his way. That said, the slot position is super important to our offense and cole is almost 32 and I'd like to have some replacements on deck in the coming year.

My top choices are Anthony miller from the bears(beane special) or if we could some how get our hands on Rondale more out of purdue our WR room could become the best in the leaguge

Edited by buffalover4life
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

That leaping one handed grab was jaw dropping. Could not believe my eyes when the refs signalled that he caught it in bounds. It looked to be well over his head.

And that was one of the most important plays of the game. Don't get that and we likely punt it since we were deep in our own end.