For those going after our defensive backs...

Virgil

A blitz makes all of this irrelevant. Send 6 he gets the ball out quick we make a tackle or they have the ball at the 30 with 5 seconds left. 

Teams need to blitz more at the end of the game when teams have no timeouts left. Archaic way of thinking to sit back. If the ball doesn’t have time to get to the end zone you can’t lose. 

1 minute ago, Real McNasty said:

Em566V4W8AAiNzi?format=jpg&name=small

More people going for the ball. I’d rather see dbs try to separate arms. But I’m being picky

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Redneck said:

One thing WGR has said post-game is that when Jordon Poyer leaped, he knocked Tre-Day's hands out of the way.  Tre-Day had is hands between Hopkins hands.  I have not seen those pictures/videos, looking for them.

I just watched it frame by frame, Whites hand was between Hopkins, don't think Proyer knocked it out as much as the issue more was that White was falling down so his arm was falling away from between Hopkins arms.  As Hopkins brought the ball down White's arm was no longer there and since he was falling away, had little leverage to knock it away.

If White had gone up 1/4 second later may have made a big difference.  Or better yet have a DB that's about 4 inches taller.  Basically IMO Hopkins just out leaped the 3 Bills players.

6 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

That would be ideal but there was not exactly time to call who did what. Can THAT be effectively rehearsed in practice? Maybe.

I think White tried to do that but as I said he was falling away so no leverage and as everyone came back down to earth the arm was gone.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

Disturbing that Poyer and Hyde were really not in great position to break that up.  They were *there* but neither guy was in great position to block Hopkins’ hands from catching it.  Only Tre had a real good shot and should’ve just swatted at the ball. 

The NBC crew criticized Buffalo on the defensive call. said they should have been jamming the WR at the line, don’t just play 10 yards off and let them run full steam downfield.

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

If you take the 47 yard TD pass out of the stats, look what our depleted secondary did against the number one offense and one of the top receiving cores this game. 

image.thumb.png.5d221951a04d1431e13bbc6c1d2590d6.png

You sound like Nate Geary crapping on Josh for 2 picks but sticking up for the defense when they couldn't stop a lost cause.