Week 10 TNF: Colts (5-3) at Titans (6-2) 8:20 on FOX

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not only buy each other a major life decision, buy it as a Surprise! gift without discussion

I like the one with Santa stopping so the puppy can run off in the woods and pee though

I already had two dogs when my parents bought one for themselves and one for each of my sisters for Christmas.....without asking!!! Talk about commitment! I have an 8 week old pup at home now (along with an 11 year old) and I am being reminded of the level of commitment required! 

I will drive my Toyota’s forever. My wife eventually decides it has to change. Not because she wants to give me something with a bow on it for Christmas, but because she likes the art of the deal, and playing “her sport”. I get to sit in it and drive it, but I really don’t care. I’m good as is. 

Strangely, tonight she had me recount to her sister the tale of how my mother was thrown of of the market in Acapulco for getting carried away with the “haggling is part of the game” philosophy.  Reflecting, it feels a little creepy........

2 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

They've got one of the better overall rosters in the league but are set to be in QB limbo it would seem.

Right I guess they were hoping Rivers would pull a Manning but it seems pretty clear that isn't the case. So what do they even do now? Do they start selling assets for picks I mean they're not exactly in position to get one of the QBs this year.

This was a good result for us in terms of avoiding Baltimore in the 1st round.  Now we hope they both lose tough games next week.

2 minutes ago, billsherd said:

Both teams will be 6-3 ....AFC looks really tight. I wonder what % chance of making playoffs Bills got with 7-2 record. 

Not sure what their algorithm involves but Football Outsiders has it at 93%.  A lot of these 3 loss teams play one another down the stretch.  Still, a couple above .500 teams will miss the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Right I guess they were hoping Rivers would pull a Manning but it seems pretty clear that isn't the case. So what do they even do now? Do they start selling assets for picks I mean they're not exactly in position to get one of the QBs this year.

It's possible that the Colts might be a destination for Sam Darnold if the Jets do as expected and draft #1.  They would probably want an experienced, established QB mentor for him if they can get one.  Reich showed good ability to get the most out of Foles, he might be able to "whisper" to Darnold.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

When the Jets take a certain QB from Clemson, maybe Darnold gets a rebirth??? I’m sure he’d love to play behind that line for a change! 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think they end up with Darnold. 

Ultimately they have a ton of cap space and all their picks this year... they can probably move up if they really want. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's possible that the Colts might be a destination for Sam Darnold if the Jets do as expected and draft #1.  They would probably want an experienced, established QB mentor for him if they can get one.  Reich showed good ability to get the most out of Foles, he might be able to "whisper" to Darnold.

That makes a lot of sense....and would be hilarious for the Jets fans to watch as they ruin another QB.

Edited by Warcodered

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I hope this happens for Darnold's sake.  Seems like a nice enough kid and he and Josh are buds.

5 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

This was a good result for us in terms of avoiding Baltimore in the 1st round.  Now we hope they both lose tough games next week.

Not sure what their algorithm involves but Football Outsiders has it at 93%.  A lot of these 3 loss teams play one another down the stretch.  Still, a couple above .500 teams will miss the playoffs.

sounds about right - CBS is at 95.7%

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I guess one should also put out there that KC had a 12-4 record and was a playoff team, and Philly was 7-9 when they got their QB

It costs more in draft picks, but it can be made to happen if it's a priority

10 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think they will beat the Ravens. Lamar Jackson has been completely figured out. He’s going full RG3 here. Ravens will need a new qb in the next 2 years.

ehh. Ravens still have the most talented roster in the league. Lamar can go 12/16 for 130 and they can still put up 30+ points 

9 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think they will beat the Ravens. Lamar Jackson has been completely figured out. He’s going full RG3 here. Ravens will need a new qb in the next 2 years.

I don’t see the Titans beating Baltimore. Baltimore has as good a defense as the Colts. And the Titans defense isn’t that great at all against the run. With the Colts on the road after, I could definitely see 

6-5 for the Titans