Biden President. Fight doesn’t Stop.

MAJBobby

Just now, Warcodered said:

WTF does this have to do with anything? If your saying she's a politician working in favor of her political party then yeah no *****.

Don't be emotional.  Stacey Abrahams is a strong woman who swims in murky waters.  She's capable of handling herself.  She knows the rules.  She swings hard and often, takes personal shots at people as well.  I'm saying what I said about a national political figure.  

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

It doesn't mean there was foul play though.  Just like there's no credible evidence of voter fraud right now.

True, but at least there was a credible argument to be made that the guy running for the post shouldn't be overseeing the election and should step down. There's also a WORLD of difference between claiming voter suppression - preventing people from being able to easily vote, and voter fraud - intentionally miscounting/adding/removing ballots. One can just end up being gamesmanship - the other is treason.

The arguments today aren't worth the paper that they're printed on.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Don't be emotional.  Stacey Abrahams is a strong woman who swims in murky waters.  She's capable of handling herself.  She knows the rules.  She swings hard and often, takes personal shots at people as well.  I'm saying what I said about a national political figure.  

Yeah I'm sure she's fine doesn't make it somehow okay.

13 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I agree.  When you throw yourself into the ring you have to be prepared to take some shots.  How many times has Chris Christie had to hear fat jokes?  I remember there being a SNL joke in the 90's about how they're going to replace John Goodman on Roseanne and the joke was Roseanne was going to slowly eat him.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

True, but at least there was a credible argument to be made that the guy running for the post shouldn't be overseeing the election and should step down. There's also a WORLD of difference between claiming voter suppression - preventing people from being able to easily vote, and voter fraud - intentionally miscounting/adding/removing ballots. One can just end up being gamesmanship - the other is treason.

The arguments today aren't worth the paper that they're printed on.

My favorite to date was the judge asking the Trump lawyer regarding PA vote counting observation, so was there or was there not GOP poll watchers in the room.

Trump lawyer, " There was a non-zero number..."

WTF?

1 minute ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Dont worry, @leh-nerd skin-erdis the sexiest ***** alive.

No, that's the point Gary the Zeeb, I'm not and thankfully was never convinced I was.  I know who I am.  Do you think SA does not know who she is?  Do you think when she lobs personal, intentional grenades at her political rivals she is unprepared for a retort?

BTW, everyone knows Zebras are the dimwits of the striped animal world. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I agree.  When you throw yourself into the ring you have to be prepared to take some shots.  How many times has Chris Christie had to hear fat jokes?  I remember there being a SNL joke in the 90's about how they're going to replace John Goodman on Roseanne and the joke was Roseanne was going to slowly eat him.

That's all I was saying.  Unfortunately I've got a Wacky Zebra and a guy coded for War looking for me for pointing it out.  :bag:

I don't like Stacey Abrahams.  I think she's a divisive politico who would trample me dead if she could. She's not the only one on either side of the aisle that can be said about.  Be that as it may, it's foolish and pandering of the highest order to feign indignation on her behalf. 

Amen, brother.  Immediately after the election I didn’t mind divided government.  Moderation, I thought, was the best way to avoid a return to Trumpism in 2024.  The events of the past week have caused me to rethink that position.  It’s time to end this crap once and for all.  And to do that, we need the Senate.  So let’s win GA and end this nonsense. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Amen, brother.  Immediately after the election I didn’t mind divided government.  Moderation, I thought, was the best way to avoid a return to Trumpism in 2024.  The events of the past week have caused me to rethink that position.  It’s time to end this crap once and for all.  And to do that, we need the Senate.  So let’s win GA and end this nonsense. 

GA Senate going to runoff is the best thing the dems could have hoped for. GOP is dejected/wrapped up in conspiracy theories at the moment. The left already proved to have an excellent grass roots campaign in the south this year and focusing one month on one state should be enough to win both seats. If Atlanta shows up again, they're in great shape.

3 minutes ago, fridge said:

GA Senate going to runoff is the best thing the dems could have hoped for. GOP is dejected/wrapped up in conspiracy theories at the moment. The left already proved to have an excellent grass roots campaign in the south this year and focusing one month on one state should be enough to win both seats. If Atlanta shows up again, they're in great shape.

I can’t seem to find the Georgia Congressional Map, but did they really divide Atlanta? I would have thought that Atlanta only votes for one of the two senate districts. 

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I'm not sure where you're going with the 'male' thing.  You hit the nail on the head for the rest of it w/ respect to the things said about DJT for 5 years.   We don't achieve political equality as practiced the past few years by pretending a lady doesn't shop in the Plus size aisle.  It's silly. 

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I disagree.  As Chris Cuomo said to the NJ pizza owner's lamenting the government shutting them down in spite of stringent COVID standards met--she's a 'political combatant.'.  She speaks the language of division, knows the political game and plays it well.  You do her a disservice by treating her as anything other than a political warrior.  Plus, she knows she's fat, it's not a secret. 

SMH her size or physical characteristics have NOTHING to do with her political activities the fact that you are into fat shaming at the very least okay with it is disgusting.... and just for the record its wrong to disparage Christie or Trump or anyone else due to their size. it is shallow ugly and demeaning rhetoric and has  nothing to do with a persons character either to the good or bad. Its an easy and obviously still socially acceptable dig to make on a person. IMO it shouldn't be.

Edited by Muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I can’t seem to find the Georgia Congressional Map, but did they really divide Atlanta? I would have thought that Atlanta only votes for one of the two senate districts. 

The entire state votes on Senate seats. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question, but both seats are up for grabs in GA because of a special election.

5 minutes ago, Muppy said:

SMH her size or physical characteristics have NOTHING to do with her political activities the fact that you are into fat shaming at the very least okay with it is disgusting....

Fat shaming isn't a thing Mupptown Girl, it's an illusion, a farce, another meaningless Kardashian-esque phrase designed to give overwrought individuals another label to hang on someone they disagree with. She's not a party to the conversation, I couldn't shame her if I actually tried. 

Where did I ever even remotely suggest she should be embarrassed for her physique?  You conveniently left out the positive personal characteristics I mentioned about her--strong female, her innate sense of self, capable of handling herself, prepared to swing at and with her opponents.  She's a formidable woman and certainly does not need to be portrayed as someone so weak as to have people suggest she has anything to be ashamed of.  I respect her enough to speak honestly. 

You're putting her in the box.  You're suggesting there's something she should be embarrassed about.  Even in this thread, you decided to target me and skip over the part where @Doc Brown weighed in.  Was that accidental?  Why hasn't he suffered the fat-shame wrath of the Mupster?  

Also--do me a favor and send me the post where you chastised your fellow posters for shots taken at the current Prez for his physical appearance.  Limit it to the last 30 days because we don't want the list to be too long.  Have you accused any of Cheetoh-Shaming?  

To be completely honest, I'm disappointed in you.  We've interacted in the past and it's been civil.  Now, you're actually shaming me by suggesting I'm fat-shaming her.  I'm the victim here.  

44 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Fat shaming isn't a thing Mupptown Girl, it's an illusion, a farce, another meaningless Kardashian-esque phrase designed to give overwrought individuals another label to hang on someone they disagree with. She's not a party to the conversation, I couldn't shame her if I actually tried. 

Where did I ever even remotely suggest she should be embarrassed for her physique?  You conveniently left out the positive personal characteristics I mentioned about her--strong female, her innate sense of self, capable of handling herself, prepared to swing at and with her opponents.  She's a formidable woman and certainly does not need to be portrayed as someone so weak as to have people suggest she has anything to be ashamed of.  I respect her enough to speak honestly. 

You're putting her in the box.  You're suggesting there's something she should be embarrassed about.  Even in this thread, you decided to target me and skip over the part where @Doc Brown weighed in.  Was that accidental?  Why hasn't he suffered the fat-shame wrath of the Mupster?  

Also--do me a favor and send me the post where you chastised your fellow posters for shots taken at the current Prez for his physical appearance.  Limit it to the last 30 days because we don't want the list to be too long.  Have you accused any of Cheetoh-Shaming?  

To be completely honest, I'm disappointed in you.  We've interacted in the past and it's been civil.  Now, you're actually shaming me by suggesting I'm fat-shaming her.  I'm the victim here.  

you said that it was status quo and acceptable for her size to be made a topic of discussion and adjectives like fat,  shrek like, adjectives were okay being they were said about she as a political figure. I call BS. Come on man I called out Dragoon for doing it and you disagreed with my take which makes you complicit in shaming her for something that haz zero to do with her politics. Its a slam..  Also Im not obliged to post on every topic every time someone says something I dont agree with. I have a great life outside of political chatroons which I actually find stressful and not really all that productive. The fact you're disapointed me means not so much in the grand scheme all I might reply is Ditto and leave it at that.

1 hour ago, fridge said:

The entire state votes on Senate seats. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question, but both seats are up for grabs in GA because of a special election.

Wow, learn something new everyday. My ignorance is showing. I thought senate districts were divided. Just learned that every member of the state votes for both senators 🤦‍♂️  In that case, yes, Atlanta needs to turn out. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption

16 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Wow, learn something new everyday. My ignorance is showing. I thought senate districts were divided. Just learned that every member of the state votes for both senators 🤦‍♂️  In that case, yes, Atlanta needs to turn out. 

And just think, you probably know a lot more than most.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Muppy said:

you said that it was status quo and acceptable for her size to be made a topic of discussion and adjectives like fat,  shrek like, adjectives were okay being they were said about she as a political figure. I call BS. Come on man I called out Dragoon for doing it and you disagreed with my take which makes you complicit in shaming her for something that haz zero to do with her politics. Its a slam..  Also Im not obliged to post on every topic every time someone says something I dont agree with. I have a great life outside of political chatroons which I actually find stressful and not really all that productive. The fact you're disapointed me means not so much in the grand scheme all I might reply is Ditto and leave it at that.

Yes, I think it’s the very definition of status quo.  I’m complicit in nothing other than speaking the truth.  I’m torn between double-dittoing you (or reverse dittoing it you find the other term toxic and offensive) and just forgiving you for your attempt to shame me. 

I think you have a good heart and thus forgive you. Now, you forgive me. 

4 hours ago, fridge said:

Democrats are historically bad at winning special elections because Republican voters have always been more reliable in voting in non presidential elections.  Plus, keep in mind that Perdue outperformed Trump and is beating Ossoff by about 90,000 votes.  The only reason they're having a special election is because Perdue fell short of the 50% threshold.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Yes, I think it’s the very definition of status quo.  I’m complicit in nothing other than speaking the truth.  I’m torn between double-dittoing you (or reverse dittoing it you find the other term toxic and offensive) and just forgiving you for your attempt to shame me. 

I think you have a good heart and thus forgive you. Now, you forgive me. 

1000%

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, fridge said:

Without Trump on the ticket both Senate seats could be up for grabs. 

Meanwhile Democrats will be as motivated as ever to tie up the Senate and give them power to do what they want.

12 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Without Trump on the ticket both Senate seats could be up for grabs. 

Meanwhile Democrats will be as motivated as ever to tie up the Senate and give them power to do what they want.

Good point.  While some Republicans will understand the gravity of this, many will not be in a hurry to get out, and support LOLfleur and Perdumb.  Stacey A will surely be able to fire her people up.  

On 11/10/2020 at 4:18 PM, fridge said:

Lot can change.  I'm a D and I'm worried about it.  I agree the Rs are nuts.  But nuttiness might get them to vote, and I'm not sure that the ticket-splitters who went for Biden won't go back to the R line for this one. 

6 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Lot can change.  I'm a D and I'm worried about it.  I agree the Rs are nuts.  But nuttiness might get them to vote, and I'm not sure that the ticket-splitters who went for Biden won't go back to the R line for this one. 

This one is hard to gauge. And still many variables to fall either way. Trump might get pissed and a few of his voters might stay home, or Stacy A. might deliver on turnout. It all comes down to who turns out. Trump won't be on the ballot. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/7/2020 at 9:42 PM, daz28 said:

You have to admit there's a LOT more civility in here now than there used to be.  More data, more knowledge, and far less conspiracy crap built on a house of cards.  Not just different, but BETTER.  

On 11/7/2020 at 8:21 PM, daz28 said:

Which pretty much sums up what it is about them that we don't like, but they STILL don't get it.  I GUARANTEE if I knew Dragoon personally, I could make up stupid crap about him and his family just as easily as he does about others.  I wish they could just grow the F up, and act like adults that inspire others to act properly as well.  

Ahem

On 11/7/2020 at 9:54 PM, Buftex said:

You really are an #######.  

On 11/9/2020 at 8:33 PM, Motorin' said:

I went to hit the emoji button, but there wasn't an option with a dog urinating on your post so I just wanted to say this thought you expressed is dog piss. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/10/2020 at 4:23 PM, PetermansRedemption said:

Um you need to take High School SS over again.  US Senate elected state wide.  Both GA seats are up at same time because of a retirement of Isaakson due to health reasons Loeffler was apptd till special election to fill out till election for  remainder of Isaakson's term.  Normally a Senator serves a 6 year term.  Not sure if the Isaakson seat has 2 or 4 years left. 

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Um you need to take High School SS over again.  US Senate elected state wide.  Both GA seats are up at same time because of a retirement of Isaakson due to health reasons Loeffler was apptd till special election to fill out remainder of Isaakson's term.  Normally a Senator serves a 6 year term.  Not sure if the Isaakson seat has 2 or 4 years left. 

Good information, TY. 

6 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Dont get me wrong, I think it was a shnitty post,  but daz28's comments about civility and maturity in the post Biden win world are HIlarious

Congrats you found more examples of incivility(2) than Trump has found of voter fraud.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 11/10/2020 at 4:18 PM, fridge said:

I think the runoffs will come down to Republican turn-out.   Ordinarily, Republicans tend to come out for special elections more than Democrats, but 2020 isn't an ordinary year.  I think that Trump will be the deciding factor but I'm not sure if he'll be good or bad for the Republicans, especially when both Republican candidates are Trump loyalists (Perdue more so than Loeffler).

What will Georgia Republicans who aren't Trump cultists think of Trump's baseless claims of election fraud?   Of his refusal to cooperate with the transition to a Biden presidency?  Of Trump's engaging in score settling in the Defense Department?   Of Trump tweeting BS about his grievances against the world while ignoring the tsunami of Covid-19 engulfing the country?  

Congressional Republicans have pussyfooted around Trump for the past week while he's engaged in his post-election loss temper tantrum in hopes that he won't turn on them and deliberately sabotage their chances in the GA runoffs.   What if that backfires and disgusts Georgia Republicans that their party puts loyalty to a defeated POTUS ahead of the good of the country?  

I don't know the answers to these questions, but I think the answers are going to determine whether the Senate goes Democratic or remains Republican.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, BillStime said:

They just need like a playground, you know the one where you used to go to after lunch with the other kids. There Trump can rule the playground build a huge wall around to to keep "anyone from going in" Mitch can play king of the sandbox. 

Lindsey Graham can sell kisses behind the shed...

4 hours ago, TBBills said:

They just need like a playground, you know the one where you used to go to after lunch with the other kids. There Trump can rule the playground build a huge wall around to to keep "anyone from going in" Mitch can play king of the sandbox. 

Lindsey Graham can sell kisses behind the shed...

Let's call this playground 'the south' and be done with it.  Buh bye now