Best single play in Bills history

stevestojan

On 11/6/2020 at 7:01 PM, Mcdermott said:

I agree but the most athletic play may have been Terrence McGee’s kick off return against the Saints.

If we are truly talking most remarkable, that's my vote. Had no meaningful impact, but just that many of us remember a meaningless kickoff return that we never even scored on 15 years ago. I think that says a lot about how incredible the play was. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, KzooMike said:

If we are truly talking most remarkable, that's my vote. Had no meaningful impact, but just that many of us remember a meaningless kickoff return that we never even scored on 15 years ago. I think that says a lot about how incredible the play was. 

Not the best or biggest play for me but one of the most frustrating. Mcgee did an amazing job to get down that field and somehow with a convoy of at least 6 Bills blockers he gets tripped up by one Saints player inside the 10??!!! I can remember wanting to break my tv after watching that play finish!!

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/6/2020 at 6:06 PM, PonyBoy said:

Jim Kelly's dive into end zone vs Miami 1989. It really began the era of consistently winning. My buddy and I traveled to that game in that end zone surrounded by the Buffalo Jill's cheerleaders who traveled to game to cheer from stands. One of the great plays and days of my life! 😀

That's a great play to choose right there, if you must choose only one.

On 11/6/2020 at 6:14 PM, Beast said:

The blocked FG by Nate Odomes and return for a TD by Bennett against the Broncos in 1990. The Bills were dead in the water if that chip shot was made and would drop to 2-2.

That play launched the Super Bowl Bills, IMO.

I remember this play well and it was indeed HUGE at the time.  It's the sort of play that stands out in my mind now, looking back on those years.  

Back then, the field was littered with playmakers in red, white, and blue, and huge impact plays that altered the course of games were common.  At least that's how I like to remember it.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/7/2020 at 6:17 AM, BuffaloRebound said:

Those OJ clips were enthralling.  Dude was big, at full speed on his first step, had the change of direction of a scatback and could out run everybody.  There’s no way there’s more than 3-4 RB’s in history with his talent.  Jim Brown, OJ, Barry Sanders.  Probably in that order.  

Don't forget Bo Jackson.  I think Bo might have come closer to OJ than the others you mention in certain ways.

Barry Sanders was a completely different type of runner, though phenomenal in his own way.

Jim Brown is a good comparison with OJ.  Speed and POWER.

32 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Nobody mentioned it so....Ahmad Rashad second touchdown catch against the Raiders on Monday night to complete an amazing comeback. Rich Stadium went nuts! 

I had that on page 6. After Art Thomas scooped a fumble for TD and 20-14 lead with 1:20 left. Great drive by Fergy!

6 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

The best play in Bills history will be the pick 6 Tre has today off of Russell Wilson to seal our victory. (It will stand until the SuperBowl this year when Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs combine for the best play in Bills history)

So close to being true. He fell just short. 

On 11/7/2020 at 11:16 AM, HOUSE said:

This weeks fumble by Russell Wilson followed by a 98 TD return run by Ed Oliver as time runs out

Blah Blah Blah.. Who WINS?

On 11/7/2020 at 4:23 PM, djp14150 said:

We we were seated same end zone, other corner.

i had a small radio listening to van and herd the plays on the radio.  I said #$&@ wejust won.

I was walking and had this lityke transitory radio fir am/fm thst I had on listing. So I heard van call the game.

since I was forced to leave early. I stay till the end.

“CAUGHT FOR A TOUCHDOWN! CAUGHT FOR A TOUCHDOWN!”

Van Miller’s call -Legend!

On 11/6/2020 at 11:16 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

it really is amazing how the Bills in about 4 plays almost in a row came storming back. Blocked FG for a TD, pick 6, Fumbled snap by elway, and Davis TD right after that. 

what also is amazing is how Bad Norwood was that day— I forgot about that. Missed PAT and missed FG near the end to ice it. 

• Like (+1) 1