Potential NFL HC Candidates

JGMcD2

14 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

There's no reputable link or source saying Hackett is a legitimate candidate. I'm guessing you read a Twitter post that was just making names

Six words into my post I tell you where I came across the statement that Hackett is a candidate. I will include multiple links from other sources here as well.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2916046-falcons-reportedly-interested-in-packers-oc-nathaniel-hackett-to-be-head-coach

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/falcons-head-coach-search-atlanta-has-interest-in-packers-offensive-coordinator-nathaniel-hackett/

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2020/11/1/21544612/falcons-coaching-rumors-team-interested-in-packers-oc-nathaniel-hackett-chiefs-oc-eric-bieniemy

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

I said he would be the Jets new HC this past spring and people said no chance.

He would be the best choice they could make, but they'd have to dump Joe Douglas as GM who got a 6 year contract. Not gonna happen. 

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I know a lot of people up north  who are open to him leaving his job.

Noooo Michigan faithfuls??? They worshipped his return.  Incredible how quickly things can change 

as aside, 

I think Leslie will not be a serious Candidate  again.

It bucks the trend of new young and dynamic, and his mojo isn’t so hot lately as a DC anyway. 

He might even be content where he is at 61. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

7 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

He would be the best choice they could make, but they'd have to dump Joe Douglas as GM who got a 6 year contract. Not gonna happen. 

What makes you think Jim Harbaugh deserves personell control for an NFL franchise?

If he wants to come back to the NFL it will be as a HC only. Anything else would be a terrible mistake by the owner that hires him.

54 minutes ago, Beast said:

What makes you think Jim Harbaugh deserves personell control for an NFL franchise?

If he wants to come back to the NFL it will be as a HC only. Anything else would be a terrible mistake by the owner that hires him.

Please don't put words in my mouth. If you want to crusade, feel free. Don't wildly misquote me to do it. 

5 hours ago, Greg S said:

RUMORS : There is a growing sense among NFL front offices that former NFL HC Jim Harbaugh would be open to leaving his job at Michigan to return back to the NFL level, per Pete Thamel.

— JPA (@jpafootball) November 5, 2020

I have heard too that he may be ready to leave Michigan but is that really a good idea?  I know he took San Fran to the SB, but wasn't he one of these guys who tended to burn out his players.  At least in college every 4 years or there about, you cycle thru an entire new group.  Granted with free agency in the NFL there is much churn, but not as much if you have good players.

7 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I have heard too that he may be ready to leave Michigan but is that really a good idea?  I know he took San Fran to the SB, but wasn't he one of these guys who tended to burn out his players.  At least in college every 4 years or there about, you cycle thru an entire new group.  Granted with free agency in the NFL there is much churn, but not as much if you have good players.

I don’t think he will have much of a choice. He is headed into  the final  year of his contract in 2021 (that NEVER happens for recruiting purposes!) and a complete train wreck. I really think he has CTE. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think he will have much of a choice. He is headed into  the final  year of his contract in 2021 (that NEVER happens for recruiting purposes!) and a complete train wreck. I really think he has CTE. 

Agree think he will be gone from Michigan, but does an NFL team really want him?

5 hours ago, Beast said:

I can't see any team giving Harbaugh total control. What has he ever done to deserve that?

He wears cleats into peoples houses. I wouldn't give him control of the TV remote.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.maizenbrew.com/platform/amp/football/2020/8/4/21354356/isaiah-wilson-says-michigan-recruitment-was-over-when-jim-harbaugh-wore-cleats-in-house

5 hours ago, Beast said:

I can't see any team giving Harbaugh total control. What has he ever done to deserve that?

Took a team to the Superbowl and went to the conference championships twice besides that, was coach of the year in 2011, and has a win/loss record of 44-19-1.

He is an excellent coach. He's a lot to deal with and comes with some drama, but he really is a good coach.

The 49ers were hot garbage after he left for a long time until just recently.