Ok This Dolphins talk is getting out of hand.

Protocal69

3 hours ago, Nelius said:

A lot of these pro-Dolphins theories are dependent on the guarantee that Tua is is going to be a superstar. I'm seeing quite a few posts already discussing him as if he's a franchise QB. Like they don't even have to worry about the QB position for another decade, problem solved. Hmm, I remember Darnold being a guarantee at one point. Same with Baker. We've barely even seen Tua, so it might be worth pumping the brakes before assuming he's just going to rattle off a 7-2 record down the stretch of his rookie season. Considering so much is clearly depending on him, if Tua busts the arrow might point right back to a rebuild.

Was he really that impressive his first game ? 
52% completion ( if I’m not mistaken) and 94 yards passing , defense and ST won that game for the dolphins , a win is a win but Tua was far from impressive IMO 

Edited by Putin

The Rams outgained Miami in their game more than 3 to 1.  Turnovers was the only reason for the Miami win.  If Miami can manufacture those kinds of turnovers every week, they might have something going, but that's a big "if."

20 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

So Bills fans get all upset when facts like the above point out that a win really wasn't all that impressive, yet Bills fans have no problem doing this with other teams. Huh.

I have said repeatedly over the past few games that Buffalo needs to make significant improvement in their play.  Still, regardless of how they've won,  Buffalo is in control of their own destiny, and every win they've had contributes to their standings at the top of the AFC East, even all the unimpressive ones.  That's a significant difference between the two teams.  Miami does not lead the division.  While wins help them stay in the race for the division championship, they do not control their own destiny.  As to the way they won, I am saying pretty much the same thing I've said about the Bills.  They also have a difficult schedule remaining and they need to play better to win those coming difficult games.  Winning via turnovers and punt returns for touchdowns is not generally thought to be sustainable.  Nor for the Bills is winning by stopping the opponent's game winning drive by a last second turnover sustainable.

5 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

Actually in hindsight beating the Dolphins in Miami will likely be viewed as a great win, but remember it took a career 400+ yard passing day from Allen and preventing Miami's onside kick in the final minutes to hang on to a 3 point win.

Also it's not how you start it's how you finish which will be important come week 17 if the Dolphins are in fact ahead in the division standings which I project based on respective remaining schedules and nobody outside of Buffalo will care about the Bills win if they peaked the first month of the season vs. the Dolphins hitting their stride now midseason and beyond.

Oh yea thats true...I just think the advantage swings way our way for the home game in Buffalo towards the end of the season even if they are playing at our level though... the dolphins playing in Miami early in the season has to be the best home field advantage in the league that nobody ever talks about because they haven't been good lol even those great patriots teams had trouble down there... I dont care how many 'good' teams they blow out that aren't us if we're 5-0 in division games so proclaiming they are the kings in the division right now seems a bit silly 🤣 

I think the Dolphins are pretty good and not giving credit for how they are playing is taking them too lightly.  I think the Bills are better overall right now....but not by a huge amount.  Until/unless they falter, I think it is a mistake to not think they are a knocking on the door to becoming a legit top-10 team in the league by the end of the year.

• Like (+1) 1

They are playing very good defense and teams.  They are living off defensive Tds and Special teams Tds.  That is not sustainable.  I dont see them beating Buffalo.  Any team Miami plays has a real shot at beating them.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, LB48 said:

The Dolphins could easily be 9-3 after their next 4 games!  Check the schedule. 

FIFY.  Of course the Dolphins could win their next 4 games. 

They could also not win their next 4 games.

In case you missed it whilst gazing adoringly at those Marine Mammals, the Bengals just put a beatin' on the Tennessee Titans and came within an eyelash of beating the Browns.  In fact, they've been highly competitive in all but one of their games.  They are no way an "easy out"

The Chargers have also lost some close games to very good teams, including the Chiefs and the Saints by 3 points and the Raiders by 5 points.  They just may have something in Herbert.

I'll grant you that the Jets seem dedicated to the Art of Losing, so the Dolphins should at least be 1-3.  2-2 seems likely as I'm not liking the Ponies.  Reasonable chance at 3-1 as I think Flores is a better coach than Lynn. 

But it's not going to be easy.

And then you get to look at the next 4 games on their schedule.

PS Tua played well.  But he had help: if Shaq Lawson doesn't score a TD on a Kyler Murray strip sack/fumble I don't think they win.  And of course, the AZ kicker missed a makeable FG from 49 yds that would have gone to OT.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Kudos to the phins, but the Bills are in the driver seat.  If we handle our business they can’t catch us.  If we lose a number of games down the stretch, we are vulnerable.  Isn’t really a Dolphins story, it’s a Bills story.  We control our destiny at this point.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Agree.  But lets be honest tua is going to lay an egg.  I think 8-4 is more likely going into KC.  

Agree with this. Let's not forget Tua is a rookie having started all of 2 games. Peyton Manning threw 28 INTs his rookie year, finishing with a 3-13 record. Kyler Murray had 3 games with multiple INTs last year, all losses. Deshaun Watson had multiple games with multiple INTs his rookie year, also all losses. Our own JA17 had 5 games with 2 INTs his rookie year, again all losses. Tua will blow a game or 2 this 2nd half of the year that right now may look like wins 

They did play better than us for a couple weeks there, but a season is much longer than that. That's not much different than saying the Jets are the better team if they just now completed a TD drive on us on their way to a 20 point loss or some such. Clearly the Dolphins are 2nd best in the AFCE right now and they will get better as they have a lot of young talent and great coaching.

The Bills Dolphins rivalry is about to get lit up again.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, LB48 said:

The Dolphins could easily be 9-3 after their next 4 games!  Check the schedule. 

LAC

at Denver

at Jets

Cincinnati

The only gimme I see is the Jets and that is a rivalry game so maybe the Jets put up a fight. As for the other 3 I wouldn't call any of them easy wins. Both Burrow and Herbert are playing great so I wouldn't be surprised if both teams give the Dolphins a tough game. Playing at Denver is never easy. Tua is a rookie making his 3rd start so I wouldn't be surprised if he struggles in one of these games.