Ok This Dolphins talk is getting out of hand.

Protocal69

7 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The best QB in 25 years not likely 

Remember the Steelers where one play from losing to the Cowboys 4th string qb they aren’t the 70s Steelers here 

I’m not worried about the Steelers at all. I think stationary QBs are in trouble against our defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

MIA has been helped greatly with turnovers, defensive and special teams TDs. once those dry up, and they will, and they have to win a game with their offense i don't like their chances 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, beer said:

MIA has been helped greatly with turnovers, defensive and special teams TDs. once those dry up, and they will, and they have to win a game with their offense i don't like their chances 

They don't have a particularly strong oline or run game to lean on either. Every game for them will end up being tight.  They will lose a game or two that they shouldn't. And I think buffalo will beat them. 

39 minutes ago, MJS said:

The Chargers aren't a good team, though. They've been finding ways to lose for years now.

But yeah, Miami is totally a good team. Much better than I thought they would be. Our week 17 matchup is looking important.

Rookie qb will struggle with a pressure defense every time too. 

I think Miami is fairly similar to buffalo probably in the good not great tier. But the rookie qb and bottom tier offense is going to hold them back.

10 minutes ago, beer said:

I haven't taken a deep dive into the numbers, but this strikes me as true. They have had some unsustainable situational luck on their side.

Having said that: really impressive work by Flores and the front office. Remember last year when they traded Minkah Fitzpatrick and everyone said they might go 0-16?

Since that time they've gone 11-7. Not great, but certainly playoff quality in today's NFL. They changed QBs to a rookie and have still won 3 in a row. They are a bit behind the Bills in the rebuild, but they're closing. Fast. I have to admit I'm a little worried about them.

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Not winning the division this year would really  shatter this fan base. It was all set up to go our way for once and it’s about to be seriously in question. The Dolphins are going to be 9-3. The Bills would have serious work to do to get there.  If the Bills didn’t lose today I’d be feeling a little differently but they did lose. In just the most ***** up, disgusting way possible. That’s why we all are the way we are. This team makes us all this way. Even when it’s “good” ...it’s this.

The fan base would be shattered because the Bills didn't win the division this year?  The same fan base that would still sell out the joint to watch EJ Manuel under center for this team?  The same fan base that kept buying tickets, still selling out the joint multiple times, to watch about 17 years worth of lost football years?  You are being overly dramatic.

17 minutes ago, Groin said:

The fan base would be shattered because the Bills didn't win the division this year?  The same fan base that would still sell out the joint to watch EJ Manuel under center for this team?  The same fan base that kept buying tickets, still selling out the joint multiple times, to watch about 17 years worth of lost football years?  You are being overly dramatic.

It’s been since 95. Brady finally leaves and the Bills become the favorite for the first time in forever. Start 7-2, lose a game like we did today and let the Dolphins somehow run you down....it won’t be received well. If it’s not going to happen this year, when is it going to happen?

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, dneveu said:

They don't have a particularly strong oline or run game to lean on either. Every game for them will end up being tight.  They will lose a game or two that they shouldn't. And I think buffalo will beat them. 

Rookie qb will struggle with a pressure defense every time too. 

I think Miami is fairly similar to buffalo probably in the good not great tier. But the rookie qb and bottom tier offense is going to hold them back.

You also have to take into account that they're not letting Tua really rip it, #2 WR is on IR (best receiver after DeVante Parker is 5'7), and we're missing our top two backs to injury. Besides Arizona, there hasn't been many tight games since the defense settled in. Flores doesn't have a killer instinct yet... he gets very conservative once there's a comfortable lead; I'm talking three straight runs then punt on multiple drives. I'm interested to see how they perform when they run into a team that can threaten the secondary and plays mistake-free like KC.

It's been a fun 5 weeks ☺️

Tua puts up 169 yards in an 8 point victory against the Chargers: "Sheesh, gasp, he's incredible. I mean have you seen that guy play? The future of the NFL"

Josh puts up nearly 300 again in a last second fluke loss on the road against the Cardinals: "Oh man, it's bad Josh again. Hey did you guys see Tua? What an incredible talent".

Some embarrassing talk around here but I presume much of it is still troll-fueled.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, High Football IQ said:

As I've been saying, the Dolphins are not just legit....they are an elite NFL team right now with the metrics, DVOA, etc behind it.

I keep comparing them to the 1998 Jets team that started 0-2 and 2-3 before winning 10 of their final 11 and making it to the AFC Championship game losing to the Broncos who went on to win the SB.

Earlier this week NFL.com had a piece that I posted comparing them to the 2001 Patriots which is also not far fetched right now.

Either way the pressure is on the Bills to keep pace to ensure the season finale could be for the division or even a shot at a wilcard spot for that matter.

Especially if the Dolphins win it on the Bills homefield and/or keep the Bills out of the playoffs.

I guarantee fans will turn on this team in a hurry including Allen, Beane, McClap...etc.

You're funny.  I love your posts!

1 hour ago, High Football IQ said:

As I've been saying, the Dolphins are not just legit....they are an elite NFL team right now with the metrics, DVOA, etc behind it.

I keep comparing them to the 1998 Jets team that started 0-2 and 2-3 before winning 10 of their final 11 and making it to the AFC Championship game losing to the Broncos who went on to win the SB.

Earlier this week NFL.com had a piece that I posted comparing them to the 2001 Patriots which is also not far fetched right now.

Either way the pressure is on the Bills to keep pace to ensure the season finale could be for the division or even a shot at a wilcard spot for that matter.

Especially if the Dolphins win it on the Bills homefield and/or keep the Bills out of the playoffs.

I guarantee fans will turn on this team in a hurry including Allen, Beane, McClap...etc.

The Dolphins are “elite” now?

Ok folks, that’s all there is...nothing left to read on the internet today.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

The Dolphins are “elite” now?

Ok folks, that’s all there is...nothing left to read on the internet today.

I'm a fan and I wouldn't personally wouldn't call the team "elite" but there is a reason why folks continue to make comparisons to past winning teams. The defense and special teams are leading the team while the rookie/young QB is not asked to do much--see 2004 Steelers with Roethlisberger (didn't attempt over 30 passes in any game yet the team went 13-0), '01 Pats with Brady , 2012 Seahawks with Russ (Legion of Boom), etc. The only major difference is those squads had a good RB.

3 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Their point differential and DVOA have them right up there with the Chiefs and Steelers who are the two best teams in the AFC, and probably the NFL overall.

Personally I need to still see a little more but it's a safe bet that these metrics will continue to climb over the next 3 weeks as they get to 9-3 setting up a huge showdown with the Chiefs.

Interesting. 

Hold off on the 9-3 prediction though lol. As you said, more needs to be seen and questions need to be answered. Can this inept run game be consistent enough to not put Tua in 3rd and 7+? The run D is already one of the worst but will it get out of hand? Can Tua excel against a sound defense?

On 11/3/2020 at 12:49 AM, Protocal69 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/week-8-takeaways-give-it-up-for-the-dolphins-the-best-team-in-the-afc-east-183728407.html

Week 8 takeaways: The Dolphins are the best team in the AFC East

Jeff Simmons
Mon, November 2, 2020, 1:37 PM EST

The Buffalo Bills’ victory over the New England Patriots was deemed by some as a changing of the guard in the AFC East, but the best team in the division didn’t play in that game. Believe it or not, the best team in the AFC East is the Miami Dolphins.

The Dolphins are playing at a far higher level than the Bills over the last month, as Josh Allen’s previous issues have resurfaced. Miami has won three straight games, including an impressive 28-17 victory over the Los Angeles Rams in Week 8 with next to no production from rookie QB Tua Tagovailoa in his NFL debut. Alternatively, the Bills have just one win in their last four weeks and needed to force a fumble deep in their own territory to hold off a late surge from the rather underwhelming Patriots.

There is plenty of evidence to support Miami’s legitimacy. The Dolphins’ point differential, an important measure of overall quality, is plus-58 (fifth in AFC), while the Bills, who lead the division with a 6-2 record, have a negative point differential (minus-1), a sign they are winning with an u

nsustainable formula. Buffalo has been disappointing on defense, ranking 29th in the NFL in DVOA, while Miami ranks in the top-10.

Head coach Brian Flores has built a complete team in his second season with Miami. That much was evident Sunday, as they managed to rack up a passing, rushing, special teams and defensive touchdown against the Rams.

The Dolphins will certainly need more from Tagovailoa if they want to pass Buffalo in the standings. The rookie was just 12-of-22 for 93 yards and a touchdown, but Allen wasn’t much better on Sunday, going 11-of-18 for 154 yards with no scores through the air. Allen has not thrown a touchdown over his last two games, while his completion percentage has dropped considerably since his MVP-level start over the first four games.

In the first four games, Josh Allen had 21 completions of 20 yards or more. Over the last four games, he has four completions of 20 yards or more, two to wideouts.

Stefon Diggs had eight catches of 20 yards or more in the first four games, none in the last four.

— Jerry Sullivan (@ByJerrySullivan) November 2, 2020

Right now, Miami is a more complete team than Buffalo from top to bottom and Flores should be in the conversation for coach of the year.

This article is flawed in so many ways:

1st: The BILLS have more than one win in the last 4 weeks (2). The teams the BILLS lost to have 3 combined losses on the season

2nd: The guy wants to mention the point differential being a -1 means that we are not winning in a sustainable way. Ill tell you what, throwing for 93 yards which was what Tua passed for is not sustainable. 

3rd: The guy wants to use a Jerry Sullivan stat regarding Diggs having no 20 yard catches in the last 4 games. Well teams playing 2 high safety will slow down the deep passes so that stat means nothing in context. Last 4 games Diggs is averaging  7 catches 73 yards 

4th: The BILLS are basically 3 games ahead of the Dolphins in the standing. 2.5 games plus tiebreaker. You can never say a team that is 3 games back in the division after 8 weeks is better than the team leading the division. 

Get back to me when the Dolphins beat a team that the Bills have lost to on the schedule. Bills have already beat the Dolphins on the road to make it so bad. These writers will do anything for clicks.

You guys both have 3 losses and the next game between you two should be fun to watch.  I think Miami D is legit tough and their O is just good enough not to make mistakes.. I don’t know who wins your next match up.

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It’s been since 95. Brady finally leaves and the Bills become the favorite for the first time in forever. Start 7-2, lose a game like we did today and let the Dolphins somehow run you down....it won’t be received well. If it’s not going to happen this year, when is it going to happen?

Never, There's nothing else to do in Buffalo, lol.

3 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

Listen stop comparing 2020 teams with teams from the 1990’s. Bills lost on a hail Mary. They will win the division and beat the Dolphins here.

45 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Their point differential and DVOA have them right up there with the Chiefs and Steelers who are the two best teams in the AFC, and probably the NFL overall.

Personally I need to still see a little more but it's a safe bet that these metrics will continue to climb over the next 3 weeks as they get to 9-3 setting up a huge showdown with the Chiefs.

Please keep counting your Dolphins wins before they happen. Bills fans respect each opponent and after a well needed bye, Bills will compete and win the division. You now have them losing division and not making the playoffs. Your confidence in your Dolphins is impressive post miracle loss by Bills. 

Edited by QLBillsFan

32 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Dolphins aren't losing to the Jets, Broncos or Bengals.

I thought the best chance for an upset during this soft four game stretch was today based on how the Chargers were playing and owning a top 3 offense but they took care of business and seemed to beat them fairly easy despite the final score.

Like I've been saying, this Dolphins team has 'that look' and I wouldn't be surprised if they run the table all the way to the AFC Championship which might be their ceiling. Then again some media talking heads are already comparing them to the 2001 Patriots and we all know how that team finished the season.

Your assumptions are impressive. Only a Dolphins 🐬 homer can be that pumped. Come out of the closet your not a Bills fan 🤷🏻‍♂️🤓😳!!!

31 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

You guys both have 3 losses and the next game between you two should be fun to watch.  I think Miami D is legit tough and their O is just good enough not to make mistakes.. I don’t know who wins your next match up.

Look like it’s going to come down to the wire. We’ll see.