Beckham done for year

12 minutes ago, Putin said:

Wow that’s a huge blow for the Browns !!! 
not a fan of him or the Browns but I wish him a speedy recovery !!

Not sure I agree with that.  The Browns have looked better without him.  I think his personality forces Baker to target him and creates issues.  Baker looked significantly better after he went down and utilized his TEs more.  I think that is a better fit and will actually help the Browns.

I do wish him a quick recovery and hate to see injuries, but I don’t think it hurts the Browns at all to have him out.

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

I believe that OBJ has played his last game in a Browns' uni. They will see Baker thrive without him and will get traded in the offseason. 

His contract is going to be tough to move. 

Per Garafolo He is set to earn $15.75MM next year. 12.9 of it is guaranteed for injury and converts to a full guarantee if he is on the roster on the 3rd league day. Being that his ACL will not be fixed by March, I think they would have a tough time finding anyone willing to take on that salary for a guy coming off a major injury

3 minutes ago, ytownblofan said:

Per Garafolo He is set to earn $15.75MM next year. 12.9 of it is guaranteed for injury and converts to a full guarantee if he is on the roster on the 3rd league day. Being that his ACL will not be fixed by March, I think they would have a tough time finding anyone willing to take on that salary for a guy coming off a major injury

There are 5 full months before the new league year. I'd imagine with positive rehab reports they will find someone willing to take a shot on him. I fully expect him to never dress for that team again. 

13 minutes ago, ytownblofan said:

Hot Take: This is going to actually improve the Browns. 

Baker tries to force it to OBJ a ton to keep him happy. However, when he has the ability to spread it out he is much better

They run a Kubiak/Shanahan offense, which is run heavy and built around setting up play action. 

The Browns offensive salaries are backward  - you don't pay your starting WRs and TE ~$45m annually when your offense runs through two RBs making ~$6M annually. 

30 minutes ago, ytownblofan said:

Yep - he's likely there 1 more year.  If the cap goes down market value for the free agents go down.  But 15.75 per year seems likely to be at least similar to what Robinson, Golladay, JuJu get on the open market.  

1 hour ago, ytownblofan said:

Hot Take: This is going to actually improve the Browns. 

Baker tries to force it to OBJ a ton to keep him happy. However, when he has the ability to spread it out he is much better

I think the entirety of the Browns nation will agree with you........they might not say it out loud tho but they are nodding their heads

image.thumb.png.9760a344898784a19cd9599f564c827f.png

That set of stats is from Jake Trotter via Twitter (which I don’t know how to embed here).  He also notes that over the last two seasons Mayfield’s completion percentage is 55.6% when targeting OBJ.  That’s the worst of any QB-WR tandem in the league over that time.