corta765

Three Most Likely Outcomes For The Next 3 Game Stretch  

284 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you see the Bills record after the next four games

• 7-3 (3-1)
    • 6-4 (2-2)
    • 5-5 (1-3)
    • Other (8-2 or 4-6)

The next four games are pretty crucial for the season and I have them broke down for the most likely scenarios:

3-1 - The Jets game is expected and a must win, but getting two of three to get the Bills at 7-3 would really help to solidify the division chances and give some distance for the stretch after the bye. Personally beating NE means more to me then SEA despite the hawks being a better team. If the Bills can get NE and split the NFCW I think they are in really good shape.

2-2 - This scenario is dependent on who the two wins come against. If the Bills beat NYJ/NE  I am not devastated losing the next two because of the division implications and tie breakers they get on AFC wins. Worst case scenario would be the Bills don't win the AFC games but somehow win both NFC games. The only positive there is the Jets getting a win would potentially stop them from getting T Law which would be kind of funny granted at our expense. If the Bills beat the Jets and Cards that would be probably the worst case 2-2 stretch as the Bills would fall again to the Pats and lose again to a great team SEA reigniting more issues about the team not being good enough.

1-3 - Beat the Jets and lose the next three yikes. Even if they beat the Pats and lost the other three it doesn't do a enough for the division the door is still open. I don't want to even have to think about what if the Bills lose both AFC games and only get an NFC win.

For me I see them going 2-2 with wins against the Jets and Pats solidifying the division, but struggling against SEA and losing out west against ARZ.  I think the Bills need to make some addition on defense whether trade or FA to get me to 3-1. The offense has stretch coming up where they can certainly score against the defenses that they are playing, but my confidence is low the defense can do enough against SEA or ARZ to keep them at bay. The Pats will be a tough game but Buffalo has more talent to overcome BB plans and I honestly haven't been impressed with NE as the season is progressing. BB's gameplans are keeping this team closer then it should be which is really my greatest fear. Talent wise the offense doesn't have much after Edelman who has been good and the defense isn't bad but not the same as in years prior.

Edited by corta765
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, corta765 said:

The next four games are pretty crucial for the season and I have them broke down for the most likely scenarios:

3-1 - The Jets game is expected and a must win, but getting two of three to get the Bills at 7-3 would really help to solidify the division chances and give some distance for the stretch after the bye. Personally beating NE means more to me then SEA despite the hawks being a better team. If the Bills can get NE and split the NFCW I think they are in really good shape.

2-2 - This scenario is dependent on who the two wins come against. If the Bills beat NYJ/NE  I am not devastated losing the next two because of the division implications and tie breakers they get on AFC wins. Worst case scenario would be the Bills don't win the AFC games but somehow win both NFC games. The only positive there is the Jets getting a win would potentially stop them from getting T Law which would be kind of funny granted at our expense. If the Bills beat the Jets and Cards that would be probably the worst case 2-2 stretch as the Bills would fall again to the Pats and lose again to a great team SEA reigniting more issues about the team not being good enough.

1-3 - Beat the Jets and lose the next three yikes. Even if they beat the Pats and lost the other three it doesn't do a enough for the division the door is still open. I don't want to even have to think about what if the Bills lose both AFC games and only get an NFC win.

For me I see them going 2-2 with wins against the Jets and Pats solidifying the division, but struggling against SEA and losing out west against ARZ.  I think the Bills need to make some addition on defense whether trade or FA to get me to 3-1. The offense has stretch coming up where they can certainly score against the defenses that they are playing, but my confidence is low the defense can do enough against SEA or ARZ to keep them at bay. The Pats will be a tough game but Buffalo has more talent to overcome BB plans and I honestly haven't been impressed with NE as the season is progressing. BB's gameplans are keeping this team closer then it should be which is really my greatest fear. Talent wise the offense doesn't have much after Edelman who has been good and the defense isn't bad but not the same as in years prior.

if they keep playing like they are now, 1-3.   with slight improvement I see 2-2, with as you predict, wins over NJJ and Pats.    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

To me the next two games are the ones that put the Bills in the driver seat for the division. Beat the Jets and Pats and that makes them 6-2, 4-0 for an overall and division record. As for the Hawks and Cards. I hope for a split. Seattle's D isn't that good but Russell Wilson is one of the best QB's in the game who can torch our defense. The Cards are a good team but they like the Bills are subject to having a bad game. Didn't they lose to Detroit at home this year? I will say 3-1 IF THEY GET THE PATS GAME otherwise 2-2.

• Like (+1) 8

don't see them beating seattle and you would normally check the pats game as a loss but they may have a small chance in winning that game. arizona is a toss up and will depend on what defense shows up, that really speaks for all four games. the jets game and automatic win? not in this league.

I'm going to give them the jets, the other three, at his point, I wont mark as a W.

1-3

I know that tends to bother some of the fans wearing blinders and there are quite a few out there who have believed this team was winning 12 games and making the post season before the season started and have yet to change that outlook based off the hot start. but the last two games should of even brought some of them back down to reality.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

if they keep playing like they are now, 1-3.   with slight improvement I see 2-2, with as you predict, wins over NJJ and Pats.    

I am betting the offense picks it up a bit where they do get those wins. No doubt if they play like the last two games were 1-3

13 minutes ago, Greg S said:

To me the next two games are the ones that put the Bills in the driver seat for the division. Beat the Jets and Pats and that makes them 6-2, 4-0 for an overall and division record. As for the Hawks and Cards. I hope for a split. Seattle's D isn't that good but Russell Wilson is one of the best QB's in the game who can torch our defense. The Cards are a good team but they like the Bills are subject to having a bad game. Didn't they lose to Detroit at home this year? I will say 3-1 IF THEY GET THE PATS GAME otherwise 2-2.

They did lose that game to Det. I just look with how our D is and how good their O is it may be too much based on how our D has been. Obviously I’d they improve a bit I would pick BUF

12 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

3-1 baby.  Loss to either New England or Seattle.

It’s funny I want NE more as a win but SEA would be this orgs biggest win ever.

• Like (+1) 1

I see 4-0, because I'm an optimist.  Jets an easy win.  NE the Bills get the monkey off their back.  Seattle's defense as bad as the Bills & if decent weather I see Seattle losing this one.  Arizona the Bills can beat, but their defense needs to be improved by then.  If Frazer/McD still haven't figured it out Fitzgerald & Hopkins will have too many easy catches & Murray can run for 80+.

I don't think they're that good, but the Bills Defense does scare me.

• Like (+1) 1

I see 3-1

win Jets this one shouldn’t even be in doubt

pats are beatable if the play sound contain on the edges and the pats don’t really threaten vertical 

hawks very similar defense concept similar to chiefs but should be a bit easier don’t allow anything deep vertically invite Seattle to run and the bills offense should not have issues vs the d

cards could be the toughest as the have a good run and will challenge vertically 

defensively they are sound

they could go 2-2 but I can argue 4-0 as well so I split it at 3-1 and would love jets pats wins at the min as it puts bills 4-0 in division and firmly in control of the afc east

Every year the Bills defense looks atrocious.  2017 the Jets, Saints and Chargers stretch.  2018, the opener at Baltimore and then followed that up with the Chargers putting 28 at half.  And last year, the Eagles and Redskins stretch.  The Skins didn't put up the points but ran all over us.

Each year we've gotten the defense back on track.  That's my hope this year as well....however this stretch is longer than the previous.

• Like (+1) 1

Drought, as long as AZ has De'Andre Hopkins, they have a passing game.  Tre will have to bring his A game, as he usually does.  What concerns me most about AZ is whether our D can stop their QB from running on us even if we have good coverage.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

4-0. 

Jets seem obvious, we’re a better team than NE, Seattle made Cam look like a world beater, and Arizona has no passing game and no defense. 

AB will go to the S***hawks and chaos will reign.  It's Seattle, so it will rain, too.  I also said 4-0.

• Haha (+1) 1

I got us at 3-1 for that clip and at 7-3 going into our Bye. I think our only loss will be against Seattle and I expect to be a closer, harder fought game than our previous two against contenders. I just think that no matter who the 2nd CB may be, Wallace or Norman, that it is going to be a matchup problem for us. They will also likely have Adams back by then which will provide a boost to their defense. I think the strategy against AZ will be to stop the run game and make Murray beat us with his arm. Not that he can't do it, but I just don't see it happening. I fully expect there to be a spy on him throughout the game, whether it be Milano or Edmunds, to take away his scrambling ability as well. Look for a similar gameplan to what we ran against Baltimore last year that was for the most part effective. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

don't see them beating seattle and you would normally check the pats game as a loss but they may have a small chance in winning that game. arizona is a toss up and will depend on what defense shows up, that really speaks for all four games. the jets game and automatic win? not in this league.

I'm going to give them the jets, the other three, at his point, I wont mark as a W.

1-3

I know that tends to bother some of the fans wearing blinders and there are quite a few out there who have believed this team was winning 12 games and making the post season before the season started and have yet to change that outlook based off the hot start. but the last two games should of even brought some of them back down to reality.

so if a person thinks we'll go better than 1-3 during that stretch they are inherently wearing blinders?.... thought process like that is whats bothering people. Not that you are pointing out flaws on the team. Dont get it twisted.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

All comes down to Allen. When Aikman, and god do I hate Aikman, said he was 6'1" his freshman year, that explains a lot. He plays like that, and he needs to mature fast. His rookie year there was a list of players who shouldn't be in the NFL that other players made. Allen was on it. I was surprised but now I know why. He's a great thrower of the ball, but not a pro QB. He needs to respect the game much more. You're in a practical operating room doing surgery. That's not the time to freestyle.

Edited by beavis
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

1-3

This is more or less where I am.

I'm not into gambling or predicting the future.

If I had to, though, I think we go 1-3 over this next 4 game stretch.

The easy schedule we enjoyed for the 4-0 run is gone now.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1