Hypothetically speaking....if the fumble did hold up.

35 minutes ago, Fred Slacks said:

All I was stating is that even as bad as we were playing the defense still had missed opportunities to change this game in our favor. I believe the same with the offense. Some things don’t show up on the stat sheet like the PI calls. Those were positive plays. its never as bad as immediately after the game. I always like to watch the game a second time through after I cool off. 

I do think we should have gone for 2 points after the Beasley TD because KC scoring again was inevitable. Meh onto Jets for a convincing win. 

Heads weren't where they needed to be.  Just thinking about the last half of the 4th quarter.  We have our #1 WR walking back to the LOS as the clock is running, we have two 15yd roughing penalties on our defense, we have our QB run up the middle for less than 10yrds with no time outs to stop the clock.

Hearts and heads weren't there.  And you know we know better.  It's things like this I can't get my head wrapped around.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Heads weren't where they needed to be.  Just thinking about the last half of the 4th quarter.  We have our #1 WR walking back to the LOS as the clock is running, we have two 15yd roughing penalties on our defense, we have our QB run up the middle for less than 10yrds with no time outs to stop the clock.

Hearts and heads weren't there.  And you know we know better.  It's things like this I can't get my head wrapped around.

image.thumb.jpeg.fdf709e4ffc4e00bb2021847808ea35c.jpeg

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So lets say the fumble was a fumble and we get it.  Drive down and win the game.  Again, thinking hypothetically and I know it didn't happen.

Would you still feel happy about the win or would you still have deep concerns about our defense getting gashed all night?  Plus, with the inconsistencies on offense two weeks in a row.

Would the win feel flukish to you?

I'd be ecstatic about the win.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RobbRiddick said:

If that had happened people would be overjoyed. Same way they would have been calling the team and coaches garbage if there was no flag against the Rams

I get where you’re coming from, but we had our offense slaying that game.  Last night was our, apparently, typical trash defense AND Allen playing exactly like he did last year against the Ravens.  Mix in our nonexistent run game, and there’s a lot more to be worried about after KC than LA, even if the fumble stood and we stole the game. 

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So lets say the fumble was a fumble and we get it.  Drive down and win the game.  Again, thinking hypothetically and I know it didn't happen.

Would you still feel happy about the win or would you still have deep concerns about our defense getting gashed all night?  Plus, with the inconsistencies on offense two weeks in a row.

I would be happy with the win.  However, I would still know the D, specifically the front 7, is not good enough for them to win a chip right now.  

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The win would feel hard earned IMO.  Making plays at crunch time is part of who Josh Allen is IMO.  The forced fumbles are no fluke. Players on D stepping up at crunch time and making plays like their fearless leader IMO. The forced fumble on Kelce was no fluke. The kind of plays I'm sure McD thought our D would make. All part of the game plan.

I didn't happen although it almost did. Arguably Buffalo's worse game of the season and an inch and split second away from defeating the defending Champion Chiefs. 

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

Hypothetically, what if Mitch Morse didn't jump off sides at the top of the 4th quarter on that terrible 4th and 1 call and we turned the ball over on downs at our own 30, effectively ending the game entirely. 

19 minutes ago, purple haze said:

I would be happy with the win.  However, I would still know the D, specifically the front 7, is not good enough for them to win a chip right now.  

I have been upset with the defense this year as much as anybody. I have been weary of them after every game.  But interesting that IF the defense created 2 turnovers against the Chiefs on a day where the offense was anemic, you would come away feeling iffy about the defense. If anything I think it would have shown they were finally being opportunistic. 

None of this happened of course, this is just a fairy tale so we are fake arguing about a thing that never existed.... as people do on the internet. 

The problem would be that the fumble would have occurred with about 5 minutes left (if I can recall correctly) and it would have put the Bills at about the 35 yard line. Now even if Josh punches it in there and the Bills take a lead KC no matter what probably would have had plenty of time left on the clock (KC also had their time outs and the 2 minute warning) to kick a field goal and considering how controlling they were in the ground game probably kick a field goal and not leave too much time on the clock. 

So even if the Bills got that fumble and scored I still think the odds are 75% that KC wins it just becomes more competitive. It would have however been a bit of a moral victory for the defense to have come up with a big play and Josh to get another score when needed.

So while I still think the team loses even if they get the fumble and score it still would have made me feel better about the game to know the team scratched and clawed with a contender.

25 minutes ago, Figster said:

The win would feel hard earned IMO.  Making plays at crunch time is part of who Josh Allen is IMO.  The forced fumbles are no fluke. Players on D stepping up at crunch time and making plays like their fearless leader IMO. The forced fumble on Kelce was no fluke. The kind of plays I'm sure McD thought our D would make. All part of the game plan.

I didn't happen although it almost did. Arguably Buffalo's worse game of the season and an inch and split second away from defeating the defending Champion Chiefs. 

The problem is KC would have only been down 1 with about 2 to 3 minutes left only needing a field goal to win. So even if the Bills got that inch and scored it still might not have been enough

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

To answer your question the answer is HELL NO.  A win is a win no matter how you get it.

However the only way we win that game even if we do get the fumble is if the O uses up all the remaining time in that drive and we score with less then 10 seconds left.

• Like (+1) 1

I'd absolutely have deep concerns about the D, but I'd be ecstatic about the W.

And in truth, I do believe that if that fumble went our way, Allen would have drove us down for a TD.  The 2 point conversion is more iffy.

I've had concerns about the D all year.  They haven't been very good at ANY point this year.  You just can't rely on turnovers in the NFL.  You have to stop the other team.  And we can't.

I don't see our D getting much better this year.  But I also don't think Allen will play as poorly as he did last night again.

• Like (+1) 1

Easy. Buffalo gets the fumble and or Bass ties the game at half somehow some way win Mcd is considered a wizard.  He would be lauded by having Reid run it and shortening the game.   It was a Belichecken type move.  Giants begged the Bills to run in the Superbowl.  Same idea.  

7 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I would be delighted.

Even in a win, there are lessons to be learned when one plays badly but I'd still be delighted

Vitamin "W", Nothing Like It!

13 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'd absolutely have deep concerns about the D, but I'd be ecstatic about the W.

And in truth, I do believe that if that fumble went our way, Allen would have drove us down for a TD.  The 2 point conversion is more iffy.

I've had concerns about the D all year.  They haven't been very good at ANY point this year.  You just can't rely on turnovers in the NFL.  You have to stop the other team.  And we can't.

I don't see our D getting much better this year.  But I also don't think Allen will play as poorly as he did last night again.

I think in McD's presser this afternoon he presented a more nuanced view that has some merit.  He pointed out that we've set out and succeeded at taking away what we identified as a team's best skill - the run for Jacobs and Henry, the deep passing game for Mahomes.  What has to be cleaned up is our ability to contain that team's secondary skills - the QB scrambles, the 3rd down conversions, limiting the amount of gain on the runs.

I'm not "hopeful", but listening to McDermott he does do a good job of making the listener believe that these things are within the realm of the "possible".

7 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Dude forget about the fumble. The Diggs drop in the endzone and Bass missed FG would've been enough.

3 hours ago, Pokebball said:

OK, first off, I think you have to separate that last drive from the rest of the game. 

Once the decision was made to kick the extra point after our TD and KC went down to score making it 26-17, barring "then a miracle occurs" the game was pretty much out of reach with 1:56 left on the clock and no timeouts.  Yes, there was a lack of focus there - Diggs walked back to the line, Diggs got a false start penalty negating PI- no bueno, and I'm sure his teammates will iron it out with him.  But the fact is, the game was practically speaking, lost at that point.   We didn't plan for Josh to scramble on that first play, we didn't plan to have him throw a pick on a desperation heave, we didn't plan for Diggs to commit a false start, but realistically the game was lost at that point.  If we manage to get down there and score quickly, what are the odds we get the ball back and get a chance to try again?  Very low.  Very very low.

On the other hand, the two stupid unnecessary roughness penalties for play out of bounds by White and Poyer that gifted KC with 30 yards and two first downs - that was total bullcrap loss of composure on the part of two key defensive players and contributed to a KC FG that made it 23-10 and required 2 TD to win. 

And on the 2nd to last KC drive after we'd just scored a TD, giving up that 20 yd pass to Kelce on 2 and 8, and then the pass to Pringle on 3 and 12 - those were rough, because that FG iced the game at 26-17 for the Chiefs, that was bad

9 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I think this says a lot and its not good: 

Tim Graham

@ByTimGraham

·

9m

Bills D on third and 11 or longer to go: Opposing QBs have completed 7 of 8 attempts for 124 yards (118.8 passer rating) with no turnovers or sacks, converting six times (75 percent).

This is one of the points that keeps striking me.  We can not let good teams convert 3rd and long repeatedly and expect to win against those good teams.

32 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think in McD's presser this afternoon he presented a more nuanced view that has some merit.  He pointed out that we've set out and succeeded at taking away what we identified as a team's best skill - the run for Jacobs and Henry, the deep passing game for Mahomes.  What has to be cleaned up is our ability to contain that team's secondary skills - the QB scrambles, the 3rd down conversions, limiting the amount of gain on the runs.

I'm not "hopeful", but listening to McDermott he does do a good job of making the listener believe that these things are within the realm of the "possible".

I understand that was his plan, but I'm sure his plan didn't involve letting the other team gash us on the ground.  

I'm pretty worried about our defensive depth and talent at certain positions, especially on the DL.

I just wish we could have last year's D with this year's Allen.  It's like we have to choose one or the other, unlike other teams.  Baltimore has Lamar Jackson AND a great D.  Kansas City has Mahomes AND  a pretty good D.

We have a Defensive coach.  We already have the QB (IMO)... the D should be a given.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I understand that was his plan, but I'm sure his plan didn't involve letting the other team gash us on the ground.  

Run on us, yes, Gash us, no, you're right.

I just wish we could have last year's D with this year's Allen.  It's like we have to choose one or the other, unlike other teams.  Baltimore has Lamar Jackson AND a great D.  Kansas City has Mahomes AND  a pretty good D.

We have a Defensive coach.  We already have the QB (IMO)... the D should be a given.

I know.  I Feel Your Pain.

• Like (+1) 1