Hypothetically speaking....if the fumble did hold up.

On 10/20/2020 at 10:20 AM, Beast said:

I'd be happy with the win. Been around long enough to know it doesn't matter how, it just matters.

Remember the Broncos, Raiders and Jets three game stretch in 1990, all at home? The Bills probably should have went 0-3 and not 3-0.

yes, that 1990 team actually grew into its inflated record, inflated by ample good fortune. 

That should not have been overturned IMO.  Not enough evidence to overturn. The ripping out commenced long before the knee hits and the ball comes out. If the rip started after the knee hits I may have understood the overturn.

if we win that game the only talk would be how clutch the team was, and that it was great when it had to be. That’s the way it works. 

I didn't like the overturn, it looked like the ball started coming out a little before the knee hit (but then again, I'm a Bills fan and might be a little biased).

I certainly would have been psyched if they had won.  It looked right from the pre-game benching they were baiting KC into running the ball so it would be close.

There would still be problems with this defense.  But they would be 5-1.  I would have loved it.

16 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you think Zimmer starts dressing over Phillips now?

This is a good question.  I was never expecting Phillips to not dress, so not sure what the reasons are or how Zimmer played in comparison.  But they seem think enough of Zimmer at this point that its an option.  

I dont know enough about Zimmer either to really say what to expect from him.  But what I do know, is their plan last week failed miserably and I saw Zimmer get blown up multiple times.  

My guess is Phillips has just not gotten fully back to form yet off that injury last year, and not having the preseason to help play himself into game shape slowed that process down.

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

This is a good question.  I was never expecting Phillips to not dress, so not sure what the reasons are or how Zimmer played in comparison.  But they seem think enough of Zimmer at this point that its an option.  

I dont know enough about Zimmer either to really say what to expect from him.  But what I do know, is their plan last week failed miserably and I saw Zimmer get blown up multiple times.  

My guess is Phillips has just not gotten fully back to form yet off that injury last year, and not having the preseason to help play himself into game shape slowed that process down.

I just don't think you can have Oliver and Zimmer on the field at the same time....too light it seems.

I did see Zimmer have some penetration into the backfield but just like you...I saw him swallowed and pushed back multiple times.

On 10/20/2020 at 10:14 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

So lets say the fumble was a fumble and we get it.  Drive down and win the game.  Again, thinking hypothetically and I know it didn't happen.

Would you still feel happy about the win or would you still have deep concerns about our defense getting gashed all night?  Plus, with the inconsistencies on offense two weeks in a row.

Would the win feel flukish to you?

Hypothetically if the Fumble held up there is 5:35 left With Bills ball on the 35.  They score. (lets call it 2Min left) going 35 yards for the TD and taking 3:35 off the clock.  

Ok Lets also say they get the makes the Score 25-23.  Now tell me where you have confidence that a Defense that Mahomes could do ANYTHING he wanted with could stop the Chiefs from getting 3 for the win?

Edited by MAJBobby

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I just don't think you can have Oliver and Zimmer on the field at the same time....too light it seems.

I did see Zimmer have some penetration into the backfield but just like you...I saw him swallowed and pushed back multiple times.

Yeah, without Star, a true 1T DT, our other guys are over matched size wise.  Im hoping Phillips start to come around again as he gets more games under his belt from returning from injury.  If he can get back to what he was before he got hurt, then he would be the better option.  But they benched him it seems because he was struggling in run defense, yet what we saw against KC was a lot worse.  

Butler was signed to back up Oliver, but he's also been forced to play a lot of 1T for us this year too along with guys like Jefferson.  So we have been using guys signed to play else where on the DL to fill in the hole Star opting out caused.

My true hope is that the Bills make a trade for a 1T before the deadline.  We need a space eater bad.  Someone like Tomlinson from the Giants or Rankins of the Saints are guys I have seen mentioned as good targets for us too.  

End of the day, I don't think the solution to fixing the rush defense issue is currently on the active roster since Star opted out.  I think they can be better than they were against KC, especially if Phillips can find a way to get some of his form back.  But ultimately, I think the run D is going to be vulnerable all season without a trade for some beef.  

We can still win and go deep in the playoffs though with a vulnerable rush defense up the middle.  I mean we had a shot to beat the Chiefs despite the worst performance in that area I have seen in a long time.  So if we can just limit it more and get the rest of our Defense healthy, especially Milano, then I think our defense can still be middle of the pack and the offense just needs to stay sharp and we can be very dangerous.  

This is also why I think making an in season trade for some beef makes a lot of sense this year.  Especially since the guys mentioned above have small contracts on expiring deals too.  

• Thank you (+1) 1