Hypothetically speaking....if the fumble did hold up.

So lets say the fumble was a fumble and we get it.  Drive down and win the game.  Again, thinking hypothetically and I know it didn't happen.

Would you still feel happy about the win or would you still have deep concerns about our defense getting gashed all night?  Plus, with the inconsistencies on offense two weeks in a row.

Would the win feel flukish to you?

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'd be happy with the win. Been around long enough to know it doesn't matter how, it just matters.

Remember the Broncos, Raiders and Jets three game stretch in 1990, all at home? The Bills probably should have went 0-3 and not 3-0.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So lets say the fumble was a fumble and we get it.  Drive down and win the game.  Again, thinking hypothetically and I know it didn't happen.

Would you still feel happy about the win or would you still have deep concerns about our defense getting gashed all night?  Plus, with the inconsistencies on offense two weeks in a row.

A win-is-a-win-is-a-win......

Short of big blow outs, most games are decided by a few key plays and good teams capitalize. We have been fortunate over the years with some of our wins and lost games on dumb mistakes, too. I don't care how we win, as long as we win. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

its crazy how a game can turn. Im 100% confident if that fumble held up the Bills wouldve scored another TD to go ahead. However there still wouldbe been plenty of time for the Chiefs to have one last drive and they for sure wouldve scored at least a FG to win the game. But it wouldve looked better at least. 

1. I still don't think they win the game if the fumble holds up as Chiefs probably would have got a game winning FG even if the bills scored. (I know it is a little irrelevant to your point)

2. Still deep concerns IMO. This team has a ton of holes that has been exposed two weeks in a row, granted against 2 very good teams.

22 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I was unhappy with the state of the defense when we were 4-0, so . . .

• Like (+1) 4

I'll meet you halfway.  The Bills recover the ball, then run Singletary into the middle of the line for zero yards, then run Singletary right, oops got nailed in the backfield for 3 yard loss, 3rd down broken play Allen runs for 12, then 4th down Allen attempts a sneak but OL is immediately pushed 4 yards into backfield, turnover on downs.

And yes, i'd have deep concerns because right now this team looks like they would lose to an inspired elementary school flag football outfit

6 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

1. I still don't think they win the game if the fumble holds up as Chiefs probably would have got a game winning FG even if the bills scored. (I know it is a little irrelevant to your point)

2. Still deep concerns IMO. This team has a ton of holes that has been exposed two weeks in a row, granted against 2 very good teams.

I think there was about 5:40 left in the game if that fumble holds up.  I would hope the Bills would try to use as much clock as possible.  

This thread is basically if everything goes right...

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

for a fan base buying into the process, results are the primary driver of the conversation here still. 

• Like (+1) 1

I might add that Norman dropped an easy INT in the 3rd quarter too.  Everything is hindsight.  I had no issues with the game plan on defense.  Only that our offense couldn't deliver.  Frustrating that it always seems to be one side of the ball functioning while the other struggles.  Hopefully. a Jets win cures that...for a little while at least.

Defense, i'd feel a little better about.  Impact plays matter, ESPECIALLY this year.  

I'd still have concerns, but if Allen puts a 3rd TD on the board to take the lead (which I think he would've), that certainly makes his game much better.

4 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I would still like to hear Fraser's explanation for the horrid calls on 3rd and long, not just in this game but the whole season. I am so close to changing the channel when the Bills defense takes the field.

The worst Fraser play design was the 3 and 19 versus the Texans in the playoffs, there were no Bill defenders from the line of scrimmage with defenders apparently protecting the field 15 yards downfield, in others words give an offense start 15 of the 19 yards and assume you can stop him. Well of course that was a 20 yards play.