Week 7: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

Just now, Greg S said:

The Bills are probably somewhere in the middle from the first four games and the last two. Fans (myself included) tend to get overly excited when things are going really well (4-0 start) and then gloom and doom when they aren't (last 2 games). The Bills are a good team but they are not on the level of the Chiefs, Titans, Steelers, and Ravens yet.

I understand. I just stay even keel because I know that its a long season with such week to week fluctuation. As far as the bolded part, I cannot personally say that just yet. We got blown out by the Titans, again, lots went into that week and I can see how we went and laid an egg. And for the Chiefs, we were in the game with 6 minutes to go (if the RB's knee doesnt touch down half a second later we get a crucial turnover and can go take the lead - not saying it definitely happens, just saying it very well could have). So I cannot say we arent on that level yet. We will keep learning more and more about this team every week. 

4 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

We have won or had a chance to win every game we have played this season except the Titans (lots going on that week/every team lays an egg/I think it could just be an outlier). There is literally no disputing that fact. You may not look how we looked in any, some or all of those games, but that is a fact. Thats what I want from my team. I dont know how you can expect anything different. The NFL is a difficult, week to week league. 

Is there reason to be concerned about how we have looked at times in certain areas of our team? Absolutely. Can you say that about literally every NFL team? Absolutely. 

bolded is why I feel as I do. look man, winning close and being in it is great. most times in those type games it could go either way, fortunately for the bills, 4 games it went their way. I'm really not trying to rain on your parade, I'm simply saying this team, to this point, has not shown me enough to be confident they go out and win games against the top tier. this defense is and has been pretty putrid, especially against the run, that in itself gives me doubt. the offense has certainly shown signs they can compete and score points but 17 points against a not so great kc defense is not getting it done.

a lot of football yet to be played, prove me wrong, make me a believer, I hope they do. until then, I will have my doubts.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

bolded is why I feel as I do. look man, winning close and being in it is great. most times in those type games it could go either way, fortunately for the bills, 4 games it went their way. I'm really not trying to rain on your parade, I'm simply saying this team, to this point, has not shown me enough to be confident they go out and win games against the top tier. this defense is and has been pretty putrid, especially against the run, that in itself gives me doubt. the offense has certainly shown signs they can compete and score points but 17 points against a not so great kc defense is not getting it done.

a lot of football yet to be played, prove me wrong, make me a believer, I hope they do. until then, I will have my doubts.

No doubt, and you aren't raining on my parade. I understand why Bills fans get so negative so quickly after a bad game or two. I know this team has deficiencies and knew that going into this season. Some look worse than they are, some aren't as bad as they look. 

Run defense and running the ball are def. two concerns. Run defense is bad. It is NOT as bad as Monday showed though because that was literally our gameplan. "Please run the ball so we can keep it close". You may not like how it looked, I didn't, but I understand it. I know they didnt wanna let up 250 yards rushing, but I know they expected the offense to do more than poop themselves. Our rushing offense is bad, but it doesnt concern me personally because we are, and are going to be, a passing offense. The plays have been there for the offense to make the past two weeks, they just havent made them. Long season in a week to week league. The vast majority of games are decided by 3 or less points. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

No doubt, and you aren't raining on my parade. I understand why Bills fans get so negative so quickly after a bad game or two. I know this team has deficiencies and knew that going into this season. Some look worse than they are, some aren't as bad as they look. 

Run defense and running the ball are def. two concerns. Run defense is bad. It is NOT as bad as Monday showed though because that was literally our gameplan. "Please run the ball so we can keep it close". You may not like how it looked, I didn't, but I understand it. I know they didnt wanna let up 250 yards rushing, but I know they expected the offense to do more than poop themselves. Our rushing offense is bad, but it doesnt concern me personally because we are, and are going to be, a passing offense. The plays have been there for the offense to make the past two weeks, they just havent made them. Long season in a week to week league. The vast majority of games are decided by 3 or less points. 

I believe coaching has something to do with it as well but I'm not bringing the torches out against the gm and coaches as some have, yet. yes, the last two games will and have brought out the negative thoughts but as a long time fan, this scene has played out before with the hot starts. one can argue that they did beat a couple good teams and beat the teams they were supposed to. if you're looking for what I'm looking for in this team, team dominance, I mean a team that could go in to seattle, ne or up against any of the top tier teams and come out with a win, that's where they need to be. this is year four now and with the draft and fa acquisitions this past offseason you would expect them to do just that, hang with and beat the top tier teams. just winning close games and losing to the real contenders still shows me that yeah, they could win 9 or 10 but they're not going deep in to the post season or contending for the ultimate goal, the lombardi trophy?

is it going to be year 5 of this regime before they do it? take another draft and fa acquisition or two? I don't know, call me impatient but I was really expecting to see it this season and so far, as I had said, I haven't and still have my doubts.

Edited by A Firm Tree Does Not Fear
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Allen fumbled twice in the red zone and le the Jets hang around 

That’s quite a characterization for a game where the team jumped out to a 21-0 Lead and it literally never got to within a single score at any point in time.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

How did Lamar jackson do vs that not so great KC defense?  Spags is a great DC.  2 SBs and beat Belichick.

6 minutes ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

thank you. those rose colored glasses you wear, well, they look good on you, for sure.

I don’t wear rose colored glasses.  I have the ability to see things both ways

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

thank you. those rose colored glasses you wear, well, they look good on you, for sure.

I love how you think that this is somehow offensive. If you were to have reached your final days and looked back on Your life, will you ever wish that you had just been grumpier and more negative? I doubt it. Rose colored glasses or not, a positive perspective is always a welcome thing in my world.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

I understand. I just stay even keel because I know that its a long season with such week to week fluctuation. As far as the bolded part, I cannot personally say that just yet. We got blown out by the Titans, again, lots went into that week and I can see how we went and laid an egg. And for the Chiefs, we were in the game with 6 minutes to go (if the RB's knee doesnt touch down half a second later we get a crucial turnover and can go take the lead - not saying it definitely happens, just saying it very well could have). So I cannot say we arent on that level yet. We will keep learning more and more about this team every week. 

The Chiefs had something like 245 yards rushing. I give the Bills credit for holding them to 26 points which is good against that team but I never really thought they could win the game despite the close score with 6 minutes. The Bills had a chance to make a key stop and give the ball back to the offense down 6 but couldn't do it. Whenever the Bills play a physical team they seem to get dominated on both sides of the ball. That needs to change for them to become a serious Super Bowl contender. I do think the Bills are a good team but they need to fix their flaws (lines both sides of the ball) to take that next step.

15 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I love how you think that this is somehow offensive. If you were to have reached your final days and looked back on Your life, will you ever wish that you had just been grumpier and more negative? I doubt it. Rose colored glasses or not, a positive perspective is always a welcome thing in my world.

does it concern you? why even ask, if you doubt it. I find it very funny that someone, as yourself, can base someone's "life" on how they feel about a football team, hilarious actually. as for the rose colored glasses, where do you come up with offensive? it has always been related to a one sided, see one way type analogy but if some were offended, gee, talk about soft. I don't know where your "world" is, but hey, you're living in it so why not make it how you want it to be, right?

22 minutes ago, NewEra said:

How did Lamar jackson do vs that not so great KC defense?  Spags is a great DC.  2 SBs and beat Belichick.

I don’t wear rose colored glasses.  I have the ability to see things both ways

you made a good point I overlooked, spag, he is a pretty good dc. how many more pretty good dc's is this offense up against in the next ten games. I expect if they are as good or better then spag, 17 points or less could be expected? if they are worse then spag, I expect 30 or above, we'll see. it's really not the offense I have many doubts about but the defense I have many doubts with.

good to see you have that ability, it's admirable.

Edited by A Firm Tree Does Not Fear

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

The Chiefs had something like 245 yards rushing. I give the Bills credit for holding them to 26 points which is good against that team but I never really thought they could win the game despite the close score with 6 minutes. The Bills had a chance to make a key stop and give the ball back to the offense down 6 but couldn't do it. Whenever the Bills play a physical team they seem to get dominated on both sides of the ball. That needs to change for them to become a serious Super Bowl contender. I do think the Bills are a good team but they need to fix their flaws (lines both sides of the ball) to take that next step.

yet, they could have. Thats my whole point. We WERE in the game. Get a stop (many third downs) or a TO (half a second knee down difference) and Josh has the ball with the chance to go take the lead - which he has done routinely over his short career. 

Only game we looked like schmucks was the Titans game. We hung with the Chiefs despite playing like poo poo on offense for most of the game, and despite letting them run all over us. 

1 minute ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

does it concern you? why even ask, if you doubt it. I find it very funny that someone, as yourself, can base someone's "life" on how they feel about a football team, hilarious actually. as for the rose colored glasses, where do you come up with offensive? it has always been related to a one sided, see one way type analogy but if some were offended, gee, talk about soft. I don't know where your "world" is, but hey, you're living in it so why not make it how you want it to be, right?

you made a good point I overlooked, spag, he is a pretty good dc. how many more pretty good dc's is this offense up against in the next ten games. I expect if they are as good or better then spag, 17 points or less could be expected? if they are worse then spag, I expect 30 or above, we'll see. 

good to see you have that ability, it's admirable.

Strange glasses you’re wearing, if this is how you see things, just close your eyes and go to sleep.  

10 minutes ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada. It’s all roses up here.

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

how about you do this buddy, you worry about you and yours, okay. stop being concerned or feel the need to worry about how I see things, you dig.

thanks

I dig. That’s the way it was.  I didn’t care about how you see things.  I had no idea who you were.....until you came into a public message board and decided to tell everyone how you see things.....see how this works?  You give your opinion, people give their takes on your opinion.  You might not always like it.  You dig?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I dig. That’s the way it was.  I didn’t care about how you see things.  I had no idea who you were.....until you came into a public message board and decided to tell everyone how you see things.....see how this works?  You give your opinion, people give their takes on your opinion.  You might not always like it.  You dig?

i can dig it don cornelius GIF by Soul Train

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

you're pretty slick, I'll give you that. one thing I noticed, is you're quick to jump on someone's opinion and give your "take" if it doesn't meet your high standard look of this football team.

carry on slick, you're starting to get fun.

6 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Haven’t done my weekly “We’re due for a defensive td” post yet......

So.... we’re due for a big defensive td this week. Been since December of 17

I agree, but would rather it come when we need one.

...like.

...this passed Monday. 😞 

Edited by BringBackFlutie

6 minutes ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

you're pretty slick, I'll give you that. one thing I noticed, is you're quick to jump on someone's opinion and give your "take" if it doesn't meet your high standard look of this football team.

carry on slick, you're starting to get fun.

It’s week 6.  We’ve played 1/3 of our regular season games.  I usually give my “take” when I read great posts or terrible posts.  During a 2 game losing streak, my takes are usually aggressive towards the doom and gloom crowd and those that just say stupid things.

I realize that this is a long season. 2/3 + the playoffs left.  With this much time left, a coaching staff has time to implement wrinkleS and adapt to what they’re being thrown.  McDs first year, the saints and jets ran for 27492 yards against us in November (iirc).  The sky was literally falling.  The coaching staff made some changes and we made the playoffs with a team that was “tanking”.  

my point.  It’s early. Let the season play out.  Let the coaching staff battle our problems and our FO, hopefully, do some wheeling and dealing.  Chances are, come week 17, we’ll have improved with some of our deficiencies.  Enough to win the SB?  Maybe not.  But maybe 😀

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Welcome to the world of NFL starter Mr Boettger. 

No think it will go like this.

LT - Dawkins

LG - Brian Winters

C - Mitch Morse

RG - Feliciano (I think he gets activated this week off IR clock started for 21 days on the 7th I believe)

RT - Williams

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

LT - Dawkins

LG - Brian Winters

C - Mitch Morse

RG - Feliciano (I think he gets activated this week off IR clock started for 21 days on the 7th I believe)

RT - Williams

On paper that should be an above average offensive line. Hopefully they can all stay healthy though because our depth went out the window with Ford and Spain out. 

2 minutes ago, Process said:

On paper that should be an above average offensive line. Hopefully they can all stay healthy though because our depth went out the window with Ford and Spain out. 

Not worried about Spain.

As Bills did this EVEN after the Ford Injury.  So they must be happy with what they have in Others, 

Remember there are 3 on the PS that they see every week as well and we dont.

59 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

LT - Dawkins

LG - Brian Winters

C - Mitch Morse

RT - Williams

Has it been that long already?  Sheesh, the weeks are flying bye.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Has it been that long already?  Sheesh, the weeks are flying bye.

Yep I think (i might be off a day or two) the window for reactivation is 27th of October.  Yep Clock started on 7th.  So that means by the 27th he needs to be activated (day 1 being 7th)

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-guard-feliciano-returns-to-practice-wallace-to-ir-white-roberts-ford-do-not-practice/article_7a5b00f2-08ba-11eb-b421-ff1e040799a0.html

Now if it doesnt happen I dont know the next steps, does he have to go back to IR for 3 weeks minimum.

Edited by MAJBobby

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep I think (i might be off a day or two) the window for reactivation is 27th of October.  Yep Clock started on 7th.  So that means by the 27th he needs to be activated (day 1 being 7th)

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-guard-feliciano-returns-to-practice-wallace-to-ir-white-roberts-ford-do-not-practice/article_7a5b00f2-08ba-11eb-b421-ff1e040799a0.html

Now if it doesnt happen I dont know the next steps, does he have to go back to IR for 3 weeks minimum.

Thanks for the link.  As to what happens, I don't know for sure.  I've never remembering that happening before.

Going back for 3 weeks or IR'd for the rest of the season?

I'll try to look that up but it seems almost sure he is activated.

Someone has to get cut too.  Seems it would be a DL.