Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Giuseppe Tognarelli

KC-BUF: 5 Things

Recommended Posts

1. Kansas City is just better than us right now. That's okay.


2. You can't blame the defense for this one overall -- except for the White/Poyer penalties and the 3rd & 12.


3. The story of this game is Josh Allen. He did not look good overall. Questions about his accuracy are real. Can he get better? If not, what does that mean? Let's not let the one fourth quarter drive distract from the game at large. Watching him, even though he's in his third year, you still just get the feeling that he's still learning and improving. When will he peak?


4. Nonetheless, we got good, motivated Kansas City, including one of those occasional very good defensive game plans from Steve S. Despite this, we were an inch away from a fumble that would have set us up to take a 24-23 lead over the champs in the waning moments of the fourth quarter. It's truly a game of inches.


5. When we calm down from this game, I think we should be pretty okay with it, questions about Allen notwithstanding. And, you have to say it again... We couldn't get off the field on 3rd & 12. I'm not sure why McDermott's defense struggles so much in these situations. It *was* Mahomes, but still.

 

That could have been a playoff game. We are still a playoff team. We will still crush the Jets next week. We'll go from there.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This defense needs to sign a DT. As much as I don't like Dareus I would almost welcome it. The Chiefs ran up the middle so many plays and got 5-8 yards.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McD was right next to Poyer when he got the personal foul on the late hit.  Instead of getting in his face...he turns his back and walks away. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DollaBills said:

Cant blame the defense for CEH trampling 5 players per play?

I can blame the defense for 2 personal foul penalties and neither of them is on the Rat. :thumbdown:

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

1. Kansas City is just better than us right now. That's okay.


2. You can't blame the defense for this one overall -- except for the White/Poyer penalties and the 3rd & 12.


3. The story of this game is Josh Allen. He did not look good overall. Questions about his accuracy are real. Can he get better? If not, what does that mean? Let's not let the one fourth quarter drive distract from the game at large. Watching him, even though he's in his third year, you still just get the feeling that he's still learning and improving. When will he peak?


4. Nonetheless, we got good, motivated Kansas City, including one of those occasional very good defensive game plans from Steve S. Despite this, we were an inch away from a fumble that would have set us up to take a 24-23 lead over the champs in the waning moments of the fourth quarter. It's truly a game of inches.


5. When we calm down from this game, I think we should be pretty okay with it, questions about Allen notwithstanding. And, you have to say it again... We couldn't get off the field on 3rd & 12. I'm not sure why McDermott's defense struggles so much in these situations. It *was* Mahomes, but still.

 

That could have been a playoff game. We are still a playoff team. We will still crush the Jets next week. We'll go from there.

 

Justin Zimmer is the bright light from this game.  He should start next week.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, you can most definitely blame the defense for this one. 100%. 

 

Here's the thing: when the Defense and offense both suck equally bad, I can blame them both 100%. 

 

The offense at least gave us a chance at the end. We got done in by the same garbage from last week - no outside contain on the QB. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should win the division still and probably a home playoff game. 
 

That was kind of the minimum expectation for the season.

 

we should meet it still even though a losing streak is no fun 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

1. Kansas City is just better than us right now. That's okay.


2. You can't blame the defense for this one overall -- except for the White/Poyer penalties and the 3rd & 12.


3. The story of this game is Josh Allen. He did not look good overall. Questions about his accuracy are real. Can he get better? If not, what does that mean? Let's not let the one fourth quarter drive distract from the game at large. Watching him, even though he's in his third year, you still just get the feeling that he's still learning and improving. When will he peak?


4. Nonetheless, we got good, motivated Kansas City, including one of those occasional very good defensive game plans from Steve S. Despite this, we were an inch away from a fumble that would have set us up to take a 24-23 lead over the champs in the waning moments of the fourth quarter. It's truly a game of inches.


5. When we calm down from this game, I think we should be pretty okay with it, questions about Allen notwithstanding. And, you have to say it again... We couldn't get off the field on 3rd & 12. I'm not sure why McDermott's defense struggles so much in these situations. It *was* Mahomes, but still.

 

That could have been a playoff game. We are still a playoff team. We will still crush the Jets next week. We'll go from there.

Disagree on point 2. the defense sucked. Mahomes and co. realized that early on. Gobbling 7/8'yards a pop on the ground.

The Chiefs had zero incentve too power up their point scoring machine. They had the game early on. regardless of what the scoreboard said. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. The trenches are a dumpster fire

 

2. Nice to have the fan.....nevermind 

 

3. Build a dome

 

4. Allen has to be near perfect against great teams

 

5. Daboll will be our OC next year and beyond.  

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 things.

 

1) Our D sucks

2) Our D sucks

3) Our D sucks

4) Our D sucks

5) Our O Line can't run block

  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh wasn’t the Josh we love.  But I’m sorry.  The defense gave up almost 500 yards.  And I don’t think it’s scheme.  They are being manhandled.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

This defense needs to sign a DT. As much as I don't like Dareus I would almost welcome it. The Chiefs ran up the middle so many plays and got 5-8 yards.


Really? The guy that not one other team has signed?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its another really bad defensive effort in the McD era. So many times in the past 3 years our D has been embarrassed under a coach who really should be doing better. We cannot make adjustments in game and some of the playcalls on D are atrocious! A sputtering offense in these conditions is expected but two weeks in a row of your defense being overwhelmed is simply inexcusable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

This defense needs to sign a DT. As much as I don't like Dareus I would almost welcome it. The Chiefs ran up the middle so many plays and got 5-8 yards.

I wrote a post about this yesterday and it was kicked off the board.  Something is wrong in the middle f the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, yes, I'm sure McDermott didn't want them to rush as well as they did, but kind of letting them rush to an extent was the game plan. Kansas City had pretty much no big plays in the passing game. If we had come with a different strategy, we would have seen the high-flying, high-scoring Chiefs. This is the type of game that McDermott wanted to play. Granted, I wish we could have kept the rushing average down, but still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Back the Blue said:

McD was right next to Poyer when he got the personal foul on the late hit.  Instead of getting in his face...he turns his back and walks away. 

 Coaches have to know their players. That reaction may be more effective for Poyer.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...