Should Yeldon get more touches?

DBilz2500

Yes.  

He’s also the best back at picking up pass rushers and we can flex him out as a WR.  

Make Singletary earn his playing time back.  

No clue what Moss is... can’t get on the field. Probably should’ve been drafted by the Jets. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

Yep. Singletary hasn’t been good IMO. I know he hasn’t  had a lot of holes to run through. 

But outside the rams game he has been unimpressive 

Yeldon has legit speed, always goes forward for at least a few yards, and catches the ball really well. He needs more touches  

• Like (+1) 1

I love Singletary - but he's really only good in space.  He's better catching the ball out of the backfield, or running on the edges.

He should never run up the middle again.

When is Moss back? Still want to see what he can do.

I don’t know if Yeldon should get more touches, but there’s gotta be something out there better At RB than what we got.  Defenses give no respect to our running game.  Even when OL opens big holes, Singletary is not getting more than 5-6 yards right now.  They need a hungry RB who’s gonna run with some violence.  

Just now, BuffaloRebound said:

I don’t know if Yeldon should get more touches, but there’s gotta be something out there better At RB than what we got.  Defenses give no respect to our running game.  Even when OL opens big holes, Singletary is not getting more than 5-6 yards right now.  They need a hungry RB who’s gonna run with some violence.  

In a league where really good running backs can be found on the street corner, it is inexcusable for a team that has used premium picks on the position in the last two drafts to have such a thoroughly mediocre (probably too kind a word) running attack.

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

In a league where really good running backs can be found on the street corner, it is inexcusable for a team that has used premium picks on the position in the last two drafts to have such a thoroughly mediocre (probably too kind a word) running attack.

Agreed.  There’s dudes out there hungry for a shot who will run with reckless abandon.  Josh is too valuable to be calling designed runs because our current RB’s are too small, slow and not physical enough.  

25 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

The answer is yes.  He has been the only back with any burst

Singletary looked like garbage tonight and he has lately. Zero burst or speed. I understand our OL sucks at run blocking. You could even argue they're the worst in the NFL. But I had so much hope for Devin & Zack and now it's time to give Yeldon his chance. This is stupid. If we don't establish some small running game, this team is in trouble. Defensively I don't recognize anything anymore. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Yeldon did a good job of plowing ahead for ~3 yards. Singletary had a number of runs where he had multiple guys on him in the backfield. Dunno if that's on Singletary or the O-Line (but i'm leaning towards the oline) 

Singletary is shifty but has no burst. He’s not an every down back. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

Even dating back to last year Yeldon always seems to run pretty well and is a great pass catcher. I’m not just going by tonight’s inflated garbage time stats but anybody thinking he should get more touches? Just a thought. Flame away 

Singletary has no burst or speed and times don't lie,  his forty time was above 4.6 and he is not very big,  relies on making people miss more than anything else.  I said it last season that the guy is too slow for the NFL.  Not by accident and Sean took him out,  i saw plenty of plays where he tried to dance rather then just steam ahead and get yards.  

10 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Agreed.  There’s dudes out there hungry for a shot who will run with reckless abandon.  Josh is too valuable to be calling designed runs because our current RB’s are too small, slow and not physical enough.  

Could never understand Singletary pick,  slow 40 time and small.  Either your going to be fast or big but you cannot be neither and just think your going to dance around NFL players

10 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

We don’t have single running back that you would want to give the ball to on 3rd and 1.  Other teams have two or three and they did use a bunch of high draft picks to find them.

1 minute ago, mannc said:

We don’t have single running back that you would want to give the ball to on 3rd and 1.  Other teams have two or three and they did use a bunch of high draft picks to find them.

Moss is a 3rd and 1 guy but he apparently had his foot amputated. 

19 minutes ago, mannc said:

Motor is a very good back. Obv there’s really  nothing we can say about moss at this point. But yes, overall the running game as a whole (no pun intended) is leaving a lot to be desired. 

2 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Yeldon has the best game of any Bill tonight. We have not looked that competent in short yardage in a while and throw in the touchdown.  

I’ll be very frustrated if he isn’t getting serious playing time against KC.  

McDermott and Beane always talk about completion and earning it... Yeldon has done so.  

Those short yardage runs were beautiful, especially for a team who’s only short yardage backs were an injured rookie and a QB.  

Edited by SCBills

Yes, because you have to, but this isn't a good thing. I'm not a Yeldon fan. He may prove me wrong and be a veteran safety valve but that's about all you get. RB is a weakness right now. Other problem is that this is an issue throughout the NFL right now with all of the injuries so there really isn't anybody dynamic that's waiting for a job. 

Was Marcus Murphy faster than an aging Yeldon? In a weird year likes this it might help to call on some old friends. We need somebody that can break a play. 

1 minute ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Motor is a very good back. Obv there’s really  nothing we can say about moss at this point. But yes, overall the running game as a whole (no pun intended) is leaving a lot to be desired. 

Motor is a change of pace back.  He’s got a role in this league but there’s no way he’s a featured back.  Moss just looks too slow and appears to have been overdrafted.

Just now, mannc said:

Motor is a change of pace back.  He’s got a role in this league but there’s no way he’s a featured back.  Moss just looks too slow and appears to have been overdrafted.

I dunno, I don’t think we can say anything about moss in what we’ve seen in his limited action. I think motor is good but it’s weird, we just don’t seem to open up any holes for him. I think we really miss feliciano from a run blocking and just an attitude standpoint. 

2 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

I dunno, I don’t think we can say anything about moss in what we’ve seen in his limited action. I think motor is good but it’s weird, we just don’t seem to open up any holes for him. I think we really miss feliciano from a run blocking and just an attitude standpoint. 

Hope you’re right.

Just now, Niagara Dude said:

Bills should have signed Fournette,  both big and fast

Or Kareem Hunt last year. Inexcusable, really.

• Like (+1) 1