Should the Bills play the Broncos?

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please narrowly restrict discussion in this thread to the NFL and NFL policies about covid-19

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

Maybe the Bills should play the Broncos since they are both in the same situation.  They are talking about it on WGR and Jeremy White brings up a good point.

The league doesn't want to move the Chiefs/Bills TNF game.  

Baseball did this when the Marlins had their outbreak.  They flipped games here and there to make it work.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Very difficult on the game planning front. It isn't as simple as rerouting a flight and changing hotel reservations. Both teams would be in the same boat, so it is fair, but I'd expect sloppy football.

• Like (+1) 2

I suppose its an idea that's possible, but I'm sure the Bills would want no part of it.  

Denver is a further road trip than Nashville and with a quick turnaround to face the Chiefs this Thursday thats somethng the Bills would surely not appreaciate.

If we were playing a game next Sunday vs. the Chiefs I'd think a move like that would be more of a possibility, but with a game Thursday I just dont see it happening

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Estro said:

I suppose its an idea that's possible, but I'm sure the Bills would want no part of it.  

Denver is a further road trip than Nashville and with a quick turnaround to face the Chiefs this Thursday thats somethng the Bills would surely not appreaciate.

If we were playing a game next Sunday vs. the Chiefs I'd think a move like that would be more of a possibility, but with a game Thursday I just dont see it happening

Since both teams are being moved, I would say move the game to a neutral site halfway between like Minneapolis or Chicago.

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Why not? The Broncos are playing their 3rd string QB.

Maybe we can squeeze a double header in and play the Jets right after?

LOL

Little League rules apply too....Matt Barkley has to play at least one quarter.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5

17 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Maybe the Bills should play the Broncos since they are both in the same situation.  They are talking about it on WGR and Jeremy White brings up a good point.

Baseball did this when the Marlins had their outbreak.  They flipped games here and there to make it work.

That is a good idea right there. NFL shouldn't suffer b.c of the Titans.

30 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This is a great idea.  If the game goes to overtime, would Andre Roberts be able to fair catch the ball on 2nd base?

• Haha (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

This is a great idea.  If the game goes to overtime, would Andre Roberts be able to fair catch the ball on 2nd base?

Infield fly rules..  I like it.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I do like your solution but no other teams have had this kind of outbreak.

Goodell said up to and including forfeit which should get every other team to take notice and fly right.   

• Like (+1) 1

Does anyone know what the NFL's contingency plan was for postponed games?

Having the Bills play the Broncos this week just ensures that one more game gets played. The opening a slot in the schedule on December 20 doesn't necessarily help the rescheduling issues.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The Infield fly rule would come into play ;) 

2 minutes ago, wjag said:

Infield fly rules..  I like it.

Beat me to it

2 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Does anyone know what the NFL's contingency plan was for postponed games?

Having the Bills play the Broncos this week just ensures that one more game gets played. The opening a slot in the schedule on December 20 doesn't necessarily help the rescheduling issues.

I don't think they have one otherwise they would have shortened the season to 14 games giving them 3 weeks of room to maneuver.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, scribo said:

Very difficult on the game planning front. It isn't as simple as rerouting a flight and changing hotel reservations. Both teams would be in the same boat, so it is fair, but I'd expect sloppy football.

yes...Broncos traveling East anyways, too.

I’d take the sloppy play.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 3