Additional information regarding the actions taken

SDS

14 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

I encourage SDS, if he dares, to read through the entire QANON thread and make his own decision.

I have had two usernames here (You are allowed to change your user name every X # of days)

Gary (which I changed twice) and my current user name. I changed to this username because I was sent a meme in the mail of Gary Busey - except it was sent to my parents house. Sooo someone tried to look me up and mailed a printed meme to my old address. I followed this up by changing my user name and soon sent a PM to DR to ask him to stop slandering my name. Instead of stopping, he continued to do so through a PM. I then tagged SDS in that PM and he basically told us both to STFU. I respected his decision and have STFU about it ever since. Anyone who tattled on DR since I received the STFU from SDS August 4th was not me.

I have no proof of who sent that piece of mail, so I have not accused anyone of doing so, and never will accuse anyone of doing so. 

Was it the best idea to change to this current username? No. I'll be changing it again when I am allowed.

Someone messing with your family is wrong.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, LB3 said:

That you conveniently left out your trolling posts that preceded that. That after years of you stalking and mocking DR under multiple names, that you act like a victim after you get smacked around. You earned it with your dishonesty over the years. 

I sincerely think it's possible that you have dissociative identity disorder (not referring to your multiple screen names). One day you'll be all about civility and everyone being better. You even seem earnest about it. You implore everyone to rise above the fray. Then the next day you abandon that. You will just troll and mock posts all day. You'd follow DR into every thread he was in. Yet you'd complain that he was obsessed with you. Your next step would be to act like an abused victim. It's pretty sad that you'd play the victim after you repeatedly threw the first punch.

The reason you're not respected is not because you're a liberal, but because you've proven time and again you're a troll and a hypocrite, Gary (aka peaceout, aka Warren Zevon, aka WAcKy ZeBrA).

Quit trolling and try to engage like  @Crayola64 has. His contributions have been great since he decided to just have honest discussions. People like him, @Doc Brown and @ALF make this place better when they make it less of an echo chamber with different viewpoints.

Translation:

1. PPP is the special preserve of the Right and alt-Right, and replies to right wing diatribes, conspiracy theories, slanders, etc = '"trolling"
  2. Righties are allowed to troll and mock and act like the abused victim but Lefties are not.
  3. Righties never ever troll and are never hypocrites.  Only Lefties can be that, which is why they are continually disrespected.
  4. We Righties allow a few token moderates who show the proper meekness and never really challenge us to exist unmolested here as a token of "free speech".

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

I encourage SDS, if he dares, to read through the entire QANON thread and make his own decision.

I have had two usernames here (You are allowed to change your user name every X # of days)

Gary (which I changed twice) and my current user name. I changed to this username because I was sent a meme in the mail of Gary Busey - except it was sent to my parents house. Sooo someone tried to look me up and mailed a printed meme to my old address. I followed this up by changing my user name and soon sent a PM to DR to ask him to stop slandering my name. Instead of stopping, he continued to do so through a PM. I then tagged SDS in that PM and he basically told us both to STFU. I respected his decision and have STFU about it ever since. Anyone who tattled on DR since I received the STFU from SDS August 4th was not me.

I have no proof of who sent that piece of mail, so I have not accused anyone of doing so, and never will accuse anyone of doing so. 

Was it the best idea to change to this current username? No. I'll be changing it again when I am allowed.

we got a meltdown on our hands boys 🤣🤣

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

Translation:

1. PPP is the special preserve of the Right and alt-Right, and replies to right wing diatribes, conspiracy theories, slanders, etc = '"trolling"
  2. Righties are allowed to troll and mock and act like the abused victim but Lefties are not.
  3. Righties never ever troll and are never hypocrites.  Only Lefties can be that, which is why they are continually disrespected.
  4. We Righties allow a few token moderates who show the proper meekness and never really challenge us to exist unmolested here as a token of "free speech".

When most of what one does is trolling, they're a troll. I don't think you're a troll. I think you let emotions override your ability to be rational sometimes, but I don't think you're a troll.

23 hours ago, SDS said:

I realized in my long rambling post that I did make it easy for people like I requested others make it easy for me/us. So, let me expand upon the recent events, that came after the "post in this topic to ***** on X", a 30 day suspension, multiple attempts to bypass it, and an ensuing PM pissing match upon return. This is what I was told to look at:

(My interpretation is that The Frankish Reich is being accused of making a duplicate topic. The response below.)

"

You know how you can tell an asshat from a good poster? "

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/227311-will-trump-be-healthy-enough-to-run-and-serve/?do=findComment&comment=6758287
Thumbs up: Buffalo Gal, carpet crawler, dub, Dragoon

"

Liars gonna lie." Posted ####### meme
Link deleted

"

It's a special: "LOOK AT ME! I NEED ATTENTION" post by the board's newest chief Asshat. :lol: It's fun to watch such a dumb man go through such lengths  to prove how incalculably dumb he truly is."

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/227311-will-trump-be-healthy-enough-to-run-and-serve/?do=findComment&comment=6758300

Thumbs up: dubs, Laughed: cinga

"

You could have put this in any number of threads. It would be just as forgettable and stupid in those threads as it would be on its own. But, the asshat would rather ***** up the board like a pelican because he's in desperate need for attention. It's funny to witness a grown man continually make an ass out of himself in public. :lol: "

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/227311-will-trump-be-healthy-enough-to-run-and-serve/?do=findComment&comment=6758321

"

You're so full of shite you can't even keep up with your own bullshite positions. Carry on being a dishonest asshat. :lol: "
https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/227311-will-trump-be-healthy-enough-to-run-and-serve/?do=findComment&comment=6758354

"

That's unfair to ask. He's not even smart enough to realize the sky is blue. "

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/227311-will-trump-be-healthy-enough-to-run-and-serve/?do=findComment&comment=6758385

Upon further investigation, I read this (In response to TFR's request to stop the name calling):

"

Nope. Don't think I will. I gave you weeks of civility, you wanted none of it. Now you just get the horns. Your choice, Frank. "

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/191395-the-deep-state-war-heats-up-ph34r/?do=findComment&comment=6752991

I have looked over pages and pages and pages of posts by TFR and other than pushing back on positions, conspiracy theories and sometimes the general bent of PPP, I see absolutely nothing outside the normal back and forth of political talk that justified any of this on the heels on that suspension.

TFR's posting history (I apologize for pulling you into this):

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/profile/24239-the-frankish-reich/content/?type=forums_topic_post&change_section=1

Maybe I missed something. 🤷‍♂️

I also want to make it clear that TFR did not report anything. Another member did. So I ask:

1. What do I tell the member who reported the above and expresses to us that another member is facing unwarranted, repetitive abuse?

2. What am I supposed to do after reading the above after just going through this scenario with the reported member?

3. As this country becomes more polarized and as our discourse increasingly gets more extreme, why would I want this Buffalo Bills Community associated with the above (among other things)? A lot of people post anonymously here. I, however, am not (or at least it is the worst secret ever).

I want to note that, unless I missed it, friends of DR didn't exactly call for him to relax. Posters have responded that people here handle it themselves. So far I have failed to see where TFR needed to be handled like this. I do see DR needing to take a step back (IMO), but no advice was offered (unless it was done privately and he ignored it).

Edit: 

Oh, and one last thing… The PM ***** storm that I got pulled into had to do with DR continually accusing another member of supporting child abuse, which DR asserted in PM. (I incorrectly posted that the DR accused the member of actual abuse. I apologize for my mistake.)

Just additional information from my point of view.

Just my take:

1.  You're the boss and that's that.  Nobody has the right to carte blanche or anything else.  You seem interested in listening to the rest of the story so I'll proceed.

2.  DR lashed out at TFR and I don't think TFR was the right recipient even though I happen to disagree with most of what he posts and don't find him particularly well informed.  Unlike others I haven't noticed him being purposefully deceitful.  I didn't take him for someone who would complain and find it sad that someone would feel the need to step in and complain on his behalf.

3.  Friends of DR may not have called for DR to relax nor did they call for anyone on the "other side" to be banned as far as I'm aware.  There are absolutely posters that have come to this forum fairly recently with nothing to offer and simply to agitate.  There are at least a few of those that I have never seen post on the football board even once.  I'm not naming names but one in particular is an obvious case and a search of his posting history would instantly reveal this without any shadow of a doubt.  There are some others that "argue" with inane crap constantly but have been around for a while and a third group who disagree with what might be seen as substance by some and idiocy by others.  DR made the mistake of lashing out at all, maybe more importantly at a poster from the third category.  Personally I don't care about any of the above three categories....let them all stay...but category one has unquestionably been hounding DR for a long time and contributing nothing at all.

4.  Whoever complained ....not hard to figure out IMO....to whom.....also not hard to figure out.....did so from their own point of view which ignored all the crap DR has been taking and focused on TFR, where DR was at least partially misdirecting his ire.  If the complaint was about DR's response to a different poster your search would have led you to a far different conclusion.

Why did this person not also complain about the people badgering DR which is undeniable?  My guess is politics, which is the whole point of this board.  Now there is a spotlight instead a floodlight.  Within either a spotlight or a floodlight DR acted improperly to TFR.  Using the floodlight there is more context.  To me it should be either leave it all alone or look using the floodlight.  The spotlight approach is dangerous.  It lets whiny people decide what is civil and what is over the line.  They inevitably view civility through the lens of their own political beliefs....everyone does to an extent.  To me it is ok to be uncivil in here.  It is preferable to stick to substance, politeness or poking fun than to be rude but I don't get to decide how other people act and I'm fine with that.

5.  When in doubt see rule 1.  Nobody is forced to be here if they don't like how things are handled.

Edit:. I just saw the banned usernames thread and although I still don't want to name names, at least part of point 3 above is covered by that thread.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

First, thanks to SDS for explaining what he did and why he did it. He doesn’t owe us an explanation, but I appreciate getting one. 
For me the key phrase: this is not 4chan for Bills fans. 

I realize I became a thorn in DR’s side. Let

me explain why with a quick story. 

A few years ago I was sitting at a lunch table with an alumni group from my wife’s fancy college (I married up). Another guy at the table mentioned the Sandy Hook school massacre with the appropriate tone. A 70 year old guy next to me — a prominent donor — chimes in with, “you know that

was all a hoax.” There was an uncomfortable moment. People like me tried to steer the conversation to more polite topics; I assumed my wife didn’t didn’t sign up for a conversation about conspiracy theories. One other guy, also a husband/not alum, had the guts to start questioning 70 year old: what do you mean it’s a hoax? What about those dead children carried out? Response: “Maybe actors.” It went on a few minutes like that, then people made polite excuses to leave and visit other tables, etc. Thank goodness the lunch had been served. 

Later on I ran into our confrontational spouse. Actually I sought him out. I had a chance to think about it. And I realized he was right and the rest of us were wrong. I thanked him for confronting our 70 year old conspiracy theorist. Sitting there and nervously laughing and changing the subject was silence in the face of a vile “theory.”

And so when I came to PPP I posted about polls, then wandered into the “Q Analysis”

swamp to see what this was all about. I asked simple questions. I researched what DR’s answers meant. I discovered that he was all in; unlike others here, he didn’t suggest that maybe there’s a kernel of

truth amidst a cornfield of wild overinterpretation. No. He repeated memes and messages that are consistent only with what I’d call the Q libel — there is an evil cabal involved in child trafficking and killing; certain well known politicians and celebrities are involved; there’s more than a hint of anti-Semitic conspiracy; there’s a definite suggestion that in a war against satanic child sacrificer, the ends justify the means (hence the weird comment about the LA Sheriff’s Office history and badge in response to expressions of sympathy and outrage when two officers were shot). There’s an unhinged reaction to criticism of Trump — one that is consistent with a messianic view of him that comes from the hard Q core. 

I’d ask him exactly what he believes. At first he’d dodge (here’s a link to some wiki leak), then later he’d lash out (why would I answer an uncivil moron like you). But never did he answer the questions, things that went to core Q principles like: “was Donald Trump recruited by powers of good to bring down politicians like Hillary Clinton because she was involved with child trafficking?” No

answer. Ever. Just comments dripping with implication. 

And no, I didn’t give up. I didn’t stop

pressing him to explain his comments,

many of which make no sense unless they are coming from the backdrop of an understanding that the whole QAnon mega conspiracy is true. I wasn’t going to make the mistake I made at that fancy luncheon again. If it got uncomfortable for him, that’s because it should be uncomfortable to spout this type of crap even in the impolite society of a fan forum. 

That’s all. I am returning to football talk with the occasional talk about polls here. 

Unless another Sandy Hook denier or Q conspiracists forces me to do otherwise ...

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

First, thanks to SDS for explaining what he did and why he did it. He doesn’t owe us an explanation, but I appreciate getting one. 

A few years ago I was sitting at a lunch table with an alumni group from my wife’s fancy college (I married up). Another guy at the table mentioned the Sandy Hook school massacre with the appropriate tone. A 70 year old guy next to me — a prominent donor — chimes in with, “you know that

was all a hoax.” There was an uncomfortable moment. People like me tried to steer the conversation to more polite topics; I assumed my wife didn’t didn’t sign up for a conversation about conspiracy theories. One other guy, also a husband/not alum, had the guts to start questioning 70 year old: what do you mean it’s a hoax? What about those dead children carried out? Response: “Maybe actors.” It went on a few minutes like that, then people made polite excuses to leave and visit other tables, etc. Thank goodness the lunch had been served. 

Later on I ran into our confrontational spouse. Actually I sought him out. I had a chance to think about it. And I realized he was right and the rest of us were wrong. I thanked him for confronting our 70 year old conspiracy theorist. Sitting there and nervously laughing and changing the subject was silence in the face of a vile “theory.”

And so when I came to PPP I posted about polls, then wandered into the “Q Analysis”

swamp to see what this was all about. I asked simple questions. I researched what DR’s answers meant. I discovered that he was all in; unlike others here, he didn’t suggest that maybe there’s a kernel of

truth amidst a cornfield of wild overinterpretation. No. He repeated memes and messages that are consistent only with what I’d call the Q libel — there is an evil cabal involved in child trafficking and killing; certain well known politicians and celebrities are involved; there’s more than a hint of anti-Semitic conspiracy; there’s a definite suggestion that in a war against satanic child sacrificer, the ends justify the means (hence the weird comment about the LA Sheriff’s Office history and badge in response to expressions of sympathy and outrage when two officers were shot). There’s an unhinged reaction to criticism of Trump — one that is consistent with a messianic view of him that comes from the hard Q core. 

I’d ask him exactly what he believes. At first he’d dodge (here’s a link to some wiki leak), then later he’d lash out (why would I answer an uncivil moron like you). But never did he answer the questions, things that went to core Q principles like: “was Donald Trump recruited by powers of good to bring down politicians like Hillary Clinton because she was involved with child trafficking?” No

many of which make no sense unless they are coming from the backdrop of an understanding that the whole QAnon mega conspiracy is true. I wasn’t going to make the mistake I made at that fancy luncheon again. If it got uncomfortable for him, that’s because it should be uncomfortable to spout this type of crap even in the impolite society of a fan forum. 

That’s all. I am returning to football talk with the occasional talk about polls here. 

Unless another Sandy Hook denier or Q conspiracists forces me to do otherwise ...

I have the probable, with racists I run into, I just sit and be quiet when they talk. Don’t want them turning their hate on me, but I hate just hearing it. 

Glad you joined us here, I was worried for a time that you got banned because I didn’t see you post for awhile 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Just my take:

1.  You're the boss and that's that.  Nobody has the right to carte blanche or anything else.  You seem interested in listening to the rest of the story so I'll proceed.

What's your take on a threat to make TBD "hurt" for banning DR? 

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

Translation:

This analysis is a bit rich coming from you. I've actually had some good discussions with you and thought you would be a good contributor, but more often than not your posts are the same slanderous snarky swipes, devoid of any real substance, that you're accusing others of posting. It's disappointing because you have the potential to be better.

If you make a legitimate argument it's fine to mix in a little snark or condescension. If done with wit it's great (See DC Tom). A little trolling and mockery can be fun. But when the overwhelming majority of your posts amount to a list of adjectives and/or conclusory statements that are either completely unsupported or based on circular reasoning it wears a little thin.

I find it offensive that you besmirch some of the liberals here like Doc Brown, Crayola, Alf, etc. as meek and unwilling to challenge. Those guys have never hesitated to tell me exactly what they think and they are met with respect from the majority of the board, not because they are meek, but because they are reasonable adults who explain their position. Crayola's thrown some of your shade my way, but that's okay. I'm a big boy. I can take it.

The poster using the Kay Adams handle doesn't shy away one bit, is far to the left, and is met with nothing but respect. Why? Because after she states her position she explains WHY she holds that position, and engages in honest and thoughtful debate. You should try it sometime. You might be surprised what you get in return.

I don't think anyone would accuse Bull Buchanan of meekness. He goes both barrels blazing with far left takes and insults, and he certainly gets it handed back to him, but nobody puts him in the same category with BillSlime. Why? Because despite his extremist views and cantankerous disposition, he engages and explains his position (even if those positions seems insane to some of us). He's let me know just how disgusting of an individual he believes me to be, but somehow I got through it without running to the mods or crying myself to sleep.

And as far as I can see the only people acting like abused victims of mean posters are you and your ilk. The only complaints I've seen from the "righties" are about trolls polluting the board with an abundance of spam posts, and those same trolls running to the mods to get real posters banned or the site shut down. 

You have two main problems: 

The first is your inability to look in the mirror and see that you are that of which you complain.

The second, as is typical of people of your persuasion, you view people not as individuals but as members of groups. Ironically, it's the same philosophical framework the authoritarian regimes you typically analogize your adversaries to were based upon. PPP is comprised of many individuals of different backgrounds, philosophies, personalities, and temperaments. At times the most heated debates are between people you identify as being on the same "team."

What was great about this place (and I'm speaking in the past tense) is that all those people could come together and openly discuss/argue issues without fear of reprisal. Sometimes it got heated, but anyone worth his salt can handle a heated exchange and a few insults on an anonymous message board. Unfortunately, weak minded people who can't handle the stress of having their beliefs challenged feel compelled to silence their opposition rather than counter them. It appears that's taken the form of baiting and tattling. It's sad.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

If someone is tracking you down from here that is less a job for the authorities on here and more for the actual authorities.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, SoTier said:

Translation:

Bingo 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

then wandered into the “Q Analysis”

I've never read a page of that thread.  You did and you voiced your dissent. At what point did you think that you were going to change DR's point of view?  When you realized that you weren't going to change anything, then why did you keep on it?  Why not just chalk him up to a lost cause?  These are honest questions.

There are a couple time when I tried engaging someone who posted inaccurate facts (I'm not talking about conspiracy theories).  After a few tries, I eventually realized that even showing them how they were incorrect didn't change their conclusion.  At that point I knew what I was dealing with and adjusted myself.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

What about the guy who said people should make TBD (SDS actually) "hurt" for banning DR? What's your opinion on that? 

Had to look but found it.  I'm curious why my opinion on that matters but whatever.  Are you going to ask my opinion on why people in the UFO thread can't grasp math?  

Here goes:  Similar to SDS' right to do whatever he chooses with this site, that poster has the right to vote with his feet.  He seems to feel SDS is squelching speech here or denigrating certain viewpoints.  I do understand the points he made about what SDS said but view them in a similar way that I view what SDS said about the situation here.  I think he viewed SDS' comments in a spotlight rather than a floodlight.  TYTT still has the right to decide though and he has the general right to share his thoughts.  I'm not sure about sharing his thoughts about the site on the site.....I don't think that is what I'd do, but it's SDS' site so he'll allow what he'll allow.  

Personally I won't be leaving because the owner excercises his rights as the owner.  Even if I left I wouldn't advocate a boycott or something else to hurt SDS.  That is my choice to make for myself but not for anyone else.  That is up to every individual.  With DR gone and others potentially on the way out though, I can certainly see the potential to lose interest in the politics side.  Without naming names, there are posters on here whose next original thought will be their first.  Why would I peruse a board full of that?  Why would I choose to read a thread stating all police are terrorists hell bent on killing black people if it is full of people that simply accept that ridiculous premise?  

I think most of my posts are on this side but in reality I'm more interested in the Bills side.  I do more reading there but less posting.  OTW is for fun and it usually is fun.  If this board disappears, politics will leak into the main board and hurt it.  It will just naturally happen.  That doesn't need anyone advocating it or being against it.  I think that's why PPP even became a thing.

Edit:. I now see where you two are going back and forth in the other thread.  I didn't see all of that before.  I haven't seen it all yet I'm sure.  I just saw one post before I typed the above.  If TYTT is advocating "hurting" SDS by boycott and/or word on the street it's not something I'd do or advocate but TYTT can do what he wants as it is his right.  I'm not a fan of posting it on the very site he wants to hurt but that is up to SDS to allow or disallow.  If the "hurt" has implied anything physical or beyond the "walls" of this site I think that is out of line.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, snafu said:

I've never read a page of that thread.  You did and you voiced your dissent. At what point did you think that you were going to change DR's point of view?  When you realized that you weren't going to change anything, then why did you keep on it?  Why not just chalk him up to a lost cause?  These are honest questions.

There are a couple time when I tried engaging someone who posted inaccurate facts (I'm not talking about conspiracy theories).  After a few tries, I eventually realized that even showing them how they were incorrect didn't change their conclusion.  At that point I knew what I was dealing with and adjusted myself.

Are you talking about the time you quoted Irish law to me on the abortion issue?

Just now, SectionC3 said:

Are you talking about the time you quoted Irish law to me on the abortion issue?

Not at all.  Not everything is about you.

Did I?  Can you find that?  If I did, it wasn't intentional. And even so, it may have been buttressing a larger point I was making (like in the post you just quoted).  But you probably couldn't figure that out (like your post just now).

As you like to say: carry on.

14 minutes ago, snafu said:

Not at all.  Not everything is about you.

Did I?  Can you find that?  If I did, it wasn't intentional. And even so, it may have been buttressing a larger point I was making (like in the post you just quoted).  But you probably couldn't figure that out (like your post just now).

As you like to say: carry on.

So, bottom line, no.  Just wondering if that was one of the instances in which you were trying to “correct” someone else’s misunderstanding.  Carry on. 

Just now, SectionC3 said:

So, bottom line, no.  Just wondering if that was one of the instances in which you were trying to “correct” someone else’s misunderstanding.  Carry on. 

Yeah, I got your point.

You're still mistaken.

...at the end of the day, this is a PRIVATE site launched by SDS......it's by approved membership only, no right, privilege or waving the "1st Amendment Flag".......HE sets the rules and changes them at his whim, although he does PROPOSE changes and solicits input.....if he solely bans someone or if it is a SDS/MOD consensus, so be it......if you like the PPP forum, you're free to stay or go.....if you want to help SDS defray the costs of HIS site, you can voluntarily donate (I did).....at the end of the day, what's the debate?.....HIS COC governs and is subject to change period....justification is not required IMO...

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

48 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Edit:. I now see where you two are going back and forth in the other thread.  I didn't see all of that before.  I haven't seen it all yet I'm sure.  I just saw one post before I typed the above.  If TYTT is advocating "hurting" SDS by boycott and/or word on the street it's not something I'd do or advocate but TYTT can do what he wants as it is his right.  I'm not a fan of posting it on the very site he wants to hurt but that is up to SDS to allow or disallow.  If the "hurt" has implied anything physical or beyond the "walls" of this site I think that is out of line.

He advocated making it hurt not to TBD but he was addressing SDS by first name "personally"...to an audience of strangers. 

If he is advocating that 5 people leave, he knows that ain't gonna hurt anything. He was advocating something else, vaguely, to anonymous people on the internet. Whether it was inside the walls or outside "personally" to him, I have no idea. 

He had 3 chances to walk it back and didn't.

That's ***** up and glad you agree. 

13 minutes ago, Magox said:

I bet

Don't be a lowlife. I didn't report DR. Not once. Not ever. 

Edited by shoshin

9 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

shut up already.     Isn’t there a covid thread off the wall you can participate in ? 

all this veiled trolling, we know what you did.    

...easy there Big Dawg.......you're debating with the "Self Appointed New Sheriff/Janitor In Town" whose gonna clean up Dodge.......Sheriff Dillion is gone......see ya Matthew....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

The owner of the board obviously can do as he wish with this board.

Just that the board is now overrun with fake and troll accounts that have done nothing to advance discussion.  I'm not sure what happened but sometime over the past year these accounts have exploded and the volume of troll threads are ridiculous.      

Some of the people that have either been banned or have or are leaving PPP are quality posters.  People who are able to thoughtfully articulate their positions, maybe some have gone overboard but their presence will be missed.  Even though I often times disagreed with some of their views I enjoyed reading their posts.

I cannot say the same for some of the people that remain.

I never used the ignore function up until about 6 months ago, now I have about 10-15 users that I have placed on ignore.  Wish DR had done the same.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, TBBills said:

PPP forum is to keep right wing nutbags out of the regular forum.

You're half right.

Bet you're not use to being 50% right.

Feels good don't it. Fridge worthy hanging grade no doubt.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

You're half right.

Bet you're not use to being 50% right.

Feels good don't it. Fridge worthy hanging grade no doubt.

Nope usually I am right in the 80-90%

So I am not used to it being so low... But you are republican so you are probably lying and I am actually 100% on what I said.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, shoshin said:

He advocated making it hurt not to TBD but he was addressing SDS by first name "personally"...to an audience of strangers. 

If he is advocating that 5 people leave, he knows that ain't gonna hurt anything. He was advocating something else, vaguely, to anonymous people on the internet. Whether it was inside the walls or outside "personally" to him, I have no idea. 

He had 3 chances to walk it back and didn't.

That's ***** up and glad you agree. 

Don't be a lowlife. I didn't report DR. Not once. Not ever. 

I didn't interpret it as physical harm when I first read it.  I interpreted the "personal" as being a result of financial ramifications of site ownership and a result of some sort of boycott or similar.  Although I would not participate in, advocate or encourage that, in fact I'd discourage it, I view that as his right to do.  

If it is harm outside the site, that is on a personal level, then I'm not sure you'd ask what I thought.  Who could support that?

Being honest, I read it as site related harm, which again I don't support, and I thought his explanation was pretty clear.  He was saying hit him in the pocketbook which I find to be folly at best and vindictive at worst.  I honestly can't see how you saw it as anything else and to me it looks like you were trying to twist his words and make something I found silly look like something sinister.  Just being honest.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...at the end of the day, this is a PRIVATE site launched by SDS......it's by approved membership only, no right, privilege or waving the "1st Amendment Flag".......HE sets the rules and changes them at his whim, although he does PROPOSE changes and solicits input.....if he solely bans someone or if it is a SDS/MOD consensus, so be it......if you like the PPP forum, you're free to stay or go.....if you want to help SDS defray the costs of HIS site, you can voluntarily donate (I did).....at the end of the day, what's the debate?.....HIS COC governs and is subject to change period....justification is not required IMO...

Can you point me to where donations are submitted?  I poked around the site a bit and didn't find how/where to do that. 

49 minutes ago, TBBills said:

PPP forum is to keep right wing nutbags out of the regular forum.

Seriously, can we define right wing?  Is it a set of policies?  What are they, give me the top 5 as you would define them. 

Edited by keepthefaith

2 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Can you point me to where donations are submitted?  I poked around the site a bit and didn't find how/where to do that. 

Seriously, can we define right wing?  Is it a set of policies?  What are they, give me the top 5 as you would define them. 

My top 5 would be DR, B-Man, 3rdnlong, Buffalo Gal, I don't have a 5th that comes to mind but will let you know.

28 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I didn't interpret it as physical harm when I first read it.  I interpreted the "personal" as being a result of financial ramifications of site ownership and a result of some sort of boycott or similar.  Although I would not participate in, advocate or encourage that, in fact I'd discourage it, I view that as his right to do.  

If it is harm outside the site, that is on a personal level, then I'm not sure you'd ask what I thought.  Who could support that?

Being honest, I read it as site related harm, which again I don't support, and I thought his explanation was pretty clear.  He was saying hit him in the pocketbook which I find to be folly at best and vindictive at worst.  I honestly can't see how you saw it as anything else and to me it looks like you were trying to twist his words and make something I found silly look like something sinister.  Just being honest.

How anyone can see it a anything but simply people boycotting the site shows the level of education from some posters.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

"My understanding is that this decision was made by @SDS personally.   He has made a decision that certain viewpoints are unwelcome on his board.   Make this hurt for him."

How besides doing something to the website could anyone make it hurt? If 10 conservative posters left, that would not register as a blip at TBD. 

This is the Internet. Several posters have gotten personal creepy crap from their interface with this place and Tasker's statement was about hurting SDS. 

He had 3 chances to walk it back or clarify responding to me. He didn't do it a single time. 

Edited by shoshin

1 hour ago, meazza said:

How anyone can see it a anything but simply people boycotting the site shows the level of education from some posters.

You’d have to have a skewed viewpoint to not interpret it as such.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Please don't do us any favors.

• Like (+1) 2