Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

All I know is that I don't want this game rescheduled until later in the season.  They have all these players out now and not available.......you know what?  TOUGH.

There is no way they should get to postpone the game, get all of these players healthy and available, and then get to play us at full strength as if nothing happened.  Not that I think we would lose either way, but the fact is, they should not have any of these players that are out now get to play us at any point during the regular season. 

You want to go mess around and screw everyone else over?  Sorry, but you don't get to be rewarded by having these players play against us, or anyone else, when they are medically disqualified from doing so.

So, play the game with practice squad offensive linemen as WRs if you have to or forfeit if you can't figure it out.  You messed up.  They are the ones with the competitive disadvantage.  Don't allow them to get healthy and remove that.  They did this to themselves.  Suffer the consequences.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Wouldn’t those have been yesterday’s tests?

They are from yesterday,  but they came in today. So facility could not reopen, and clock restarts. They will need today’s tests to come back tomorrow negative, and tomorrow’s tests to come back Friday negative. I guess they could get back Friday if they have early results. Seeing as they don’t have to travel, they could practice Fri/Sat. Most analysts have said that wouldn’t be enough because Sat is a walk through usually and they need 2 full practices 

edit: pats going with only one practice so looks like titans could as well 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They are from yesterday,  but they came in today. So facility could not reopen, and clock restarts. They will need today’s tests to come back tomorrow negative, and tomorrow’s tests to come back Friday negative. I guess they could get back Friday if they have early results. Seeing as they don’t have to travel, they could practice Fri/Sat. Most analysts have said that wouldn’t be enough because Sat is a walk through usually and they need 2 full practices 

I’m 100% against forfeits, but playing without adequate practice time would be punishment enough. Solves the NFL’s issue there

31 minutes ago, sven233 said:

All I know is that I don't want this game rescheduled until later in the season.  They have all these players out now and not available.......you know what?  TOUGH.

There is no way they should get to postpone the game, get all of these players healthy and available, and then get to play us at full strength as if nothing happened.  Not that I think we would lose either way, but the fact is, they should not have any of these players that are out now get to play us at any point during the regular season. 

You want to go mess around and screw everyone else over?  Sorry, but you don't get to be rewarded by having these players play against us, or anyone else, when they are medically disqualified from doing so.

So, play the game with practice squad offensive lineman as WRs if you have to or forfeit if you can't figure it out.  You messed up.  They are the ones with the competitive disadvantage.  Don't allow them to get healthy and remove that.  They did this to themselves.  Suffer the consequences.

The reason I personally don't mind a later date on the game is to keep our players healthy.

KC Thursday night...

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 2

Were the practices player only, or were there coaches involved? 

I don't think it changes anything for the better in terms of when the league drops the hammer, but it could definitely make it worse. 

Edited by Mango

Interesting hearing they practiced last week.  Wonder what type of punishment the league will impose?

I guess it makes me feel a bit better about the season knowing the players knowingly violated league rules causing the number of players with Covid.  This may show the leagues precautions are working and keeping the players safe.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

edit: pats going with only one practice so looks like titans could as well 

so it’s based on when test results are received and not administered? That doesn’t make sense....

Everyone tested today, if tomorrow am they come back negative that’s 1 day.

if tomorrow AM they test again and then subsequent returns on Friday AM are negative again, isn’t that two straight days of negatives and they can practice Friday?

I keep seeing people post that Tennessee should be forced to play the game with whatever lineup they can pull together.  Why should the Bills be forced to play against a team who are in the middle of a giant outbreak, with no assurance that the outbreak is over.

For everyone who keeps saying that only players who test negative will be allowed to play - over the last week how many players tested negative and then tested positive?  It's mind boggling that this argument is still being used.  The incubation period renders the testing pretty ineffective unfortunately.

I don't love the idea of the Bills winning this game via forfeit, but I honestly think the League has no choice given what's come out about the continued meetings / practices after everything was supposed to be shut down.

• Thank you (+1) 5

26 minutes ago, wjag said:

Interesting they have not released the name of the other positive on the roster.  

Teams are not allowed to publicly announce a players medical status.  Could be the player didn't give permission.  It's still weird because people will find out anyhow.

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

so it’s based on when test results are received and not administered? That doesn’t make sense....

Everyone tested today, if tomorrow am they come back negative that’s 1 day.

if tomorrow AM they test again and then subsequent returns on Friday AM are negative again, isn’t that two straight days of negatives and they can practice Friday?

I think the language the league's been using has been confusing - 

They've said 2 straight days of no positives and the team can open back up, but hasn't been how they've handled it.  They had no positives Monday or Tuesday, so if this was the case they could have opened up Tuesday morning.  They didn't.  I think what they're really saying is if you have two days with no new cases, then the NEXT day you can open things up (assuming no new positives on the third day.)

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Teams are not allowed to publicly announce a players medical status.  Could be the player didn't give permission.  It's still weird because people will find out anyhow.

I think they'll get added to the Covid lists which have seemed to be public.

1 minute ago, Captain Caveman said:

I think the language the league's been using has been confusing - 

They've said 2 straight days of no positives and the team can open back up, but hasn't been how they've handled it.  They had no positives Monday or Tuesday, so if this was the case they could have opened up Tuesday morning.  They didn't.  I think what they're really saying is if you have two days with no new cases, then the NEXT day you can open things up (assuming no new positives on the third day.)

I think they'll get added to the Covid lists which have seemed to be public.

That's what I mean by people will find out anyhow.  However, being on the list doesn't mean the player is positive.  It could mean the player was in contact with someone who is positive.  Even still, it's not rocket science to figure out the positive player.

13 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

I keep seeing people post that Tennessee should be forced to play the game with whatever lineup they can pull together.  Why should the Bills be forced to play against a team who are in the middle of a giant outbreak, with no assurance that the outbreak is over.

For everyone who keeps saying that only players who test negative will be allowed to play - over the last week how many players tested negative and then tested positive?  It's mind boggling that this argument is still being used.  The incubation period renders the testing pretty ineffective unfortunately.

I don't love the idea of the Bills winning this game via forfeit, but I honestly think the League has no choice given what's come out about the continued meetings / practices after everything was supposed to be shut down.

Caveman, my good fellow, you are spot on per usual! If this trend continues and these guys were out practicing together, who’s to say that the Titans won’t still be in the midst of this next week as well? How many weeks can one team just make up if the rest of the league is playing?