Idk if it’s been announced but the jets will not fire Adam Gase 🤣🤣

Douglas should get the chance to develop his own team and organization, and a big part of that is hiring his head coach and be involved in the coordinators and staff hiring.  If he has three years and doesn’t reorganize the team, then he failed.  He probably wants his own coach and not interfered with in who he picks for scouts, cap guy, etc.

This is all speculation on my part so I don’t have any inside info., but if you had a head coach who reports directly to the owner (like Wrex with the Pegulas), how did that go?  The problem is the Johnson brothers.  

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

If the jets fans are lucky, they’ll keep gase, go 0-16 and draft Lawrence....then fire the entire FO and coaching staff and hire Daboll.  

Lets all hope they are not lucky and Daboll doesn't fall for the Jets trap.....

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

https://theathletic.com/2105647/2020/10/02/source-jets-will-not-fire-adam-gase-after-loss-to-broncos/

"While there were some internal discussions, the externally unpopular decision to keep Gase seems centered around Darnold and his development. That remains the most important aspect of this season. Despite this being his third year, the 23-year-old is still an unknown. At times, he looks very much like the franchise quarterback the Jets hoped he’d be. At others, sometimes in the same game, he looks lost. It’s unclear if the quarterback’s inconsistencies are because of himself, poor coaching, or surrounding talent. The Jets need to have a concrete evaluation of him before the end of the year. At 0-4, and with the challenging portion of their schedule upcoming, there’s a very real chance they’re in a position to draft Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence in April. They need to know what they have in Darnold before they consider that. Firing Gase now will further cloud Darnold’s development. Would having Dowell Loggains or Jim Bob Cooter in his ear actually be an improvement?"

1. "The Jets need to have a concrete evaluation of him before the end of the year"  IMHO, that's just what they won't get with Gase on the sideline

2. "Would having Jim Bob Cooter in his ear probably be an improvement?"  I dunno, it seemed to kinda work for Matt Stafford.  Know nothing about Dowel Loggains.

3. "It's unclear if the QB's inconsistencies are because of himself, poor coaching, or surrounding talent"  Can I say "yes"?  But Arnold looked better in 2018 than he looked last year or this year, so I think coaching and talent have to be given a hard look.

Wow!!!  Awesome down home southern boy name.....AWESOMESAUCE!!!

2 hours ago, CSBill said:

And speaking of the Jets, Gregg Williams' is again showing his true character---or, lack thereof . . .

Fixed that for ya......lol

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

https://theathletic.com/2105647/2020/10/02/source-jets-will-not-fire-adam-gase-after-loss-to-broncos/

"While there were some internal discussions, the externally unpopular decision to keep Gase seems centered around Darnold and his development. That remains the most important aspect of this season. Despite this being his third year, the 23-year-old is still an unknown. At times, he looks very much like the franchise quarterback the Jets hoped he’d be. At others, sometimes in the same game, he looks lost. It’s unclear if the quarterback’s inconsistencies are because of himself, poor coaching, or surrounding talent. The Jets need to have a concrete evaluation of him before the end of the year. At 0-4, and with the challenging portion of their schedule upcoming, there’s a very real chance they’re in a position to draft Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence in April. They need to know what they have in Darnold before they consider that. Firing Gase now will further cloud Darnold’s development. Would having Dowell Loggains or Jim Bob Cooter in his ear actually be an improvement?"

1. "The Jets need to have a concrete evaluation of him before the end of the year"  IMHO, that's just what they won't get with Gase on the sideline

2. "Would having Jim Bob Cooter in his ear probably be an improvement?"  I dunno, it seemed to kinda work for Matt Stafford.  Know nothing about Dowel Loggains.

3. "It's unclear if the QB's inconsistencies are because of himself, poor coaching, or surrounding talent"  Can I say "yes"?  But Arnold looked better in 2018 than he looked last year or this year, so I think coaching and talent have to be given a hard look.

Watching the game last night, that's exactly what I thought.  He hasn't significantly improved since he threw a pick six on his first pass as a rookie.  He made many of the same mistakes last night that he's been making all his career.   That's an indictment of the coaching IMO.  We've seen how much good coaching has improved Allen in 2019 and so far in 2020.  If he was even minimally coachable, Darnold should improve somewhat, and he hasn't. 

7 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

The Jets forum is going bananas right now, they want to protest lol. Only the Jets 🤣🤣

Jets fans literally did protest, with signs and everything.  Problem is only a handful showed up so they suck at that too.

• Haha (+1) 1

I was watching GMFB yesterday and the crew we’re talking about how Jets fans are upset that the team traded up to the #3 spot and could of drafted Allen instead of Darnold. As a Bills fan, it’s so nice to finally hear our team drafted the right player instead of the wrong one as that was the case for us for so many years.

• Like (+1) 4

Man i got to be honest....I am NOT looking forward to playing them. Their field SUCKS and guys seem to be catching hammie pulls and much worse, frequently.

Add in to that they are a trash bag squad and old Greggo seems to be losing 'control' of his defensive players. Was chippy af last night.

BTW listening to NYC radio this AM, Boomer did some kind of sit down interview with Josh for the Sunday show. He said it is "amazing" how Josh has just taken over the franchise, and how much everyone in the building believes in him.

Edited by Golden*Wheels
  • Thank you (+1) 1

What? All I did was, I went to Joe D and said, "look into these eyes, we both know that I know what I'm doing..." snapped my fingers, and hey, I'm still here today! I mighta mentioned that he seemed sleepy, but it was a long drive home from the stadium, so I'm sure that's all it was. 

Screenshot_2019-01-14-NFL-Update-on-Twit

dcn3i7r-4c8261e4-2bfe-4e98-8b9c-ae3d83b0

• Haha (+1) 1

I didn't read through the whole thread (2 pages, what- I'm lazy today) and while I think we all agree that as a coach, Gase is a runny pile of clown sh1t, the Jets lost this game because of a defensive meltdown.  Not only was Greggggggggg's dirty, unsportsmanlike character on full display, but his unit utterly failed when the chips were down.  Yes, they collected turnovers, but they also let Rypien march down the field at well, after the Jets took the lead in a game where Darnold needed something to hang his hat on. 

If anybody needs to be fired this week, it's Williams.  Gase has got to go too, but there is no way they can fire Gase and still claim to have Darnold's best interest in mind- even though we all know that Gase is probably more of a hurdle to Sam's ultimate development at this point. That, plus Johnson's public support of Gase make the optics of firing him now, impossible.  The NY media would erupt.

With all that said, I'm glad they are dysfunctional, but I want them to have some success this year.  Not only for Darnold (whom I really like) but also to keep them out of the Trevor sweepstakes. 

Edited by saundena
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

If the jets fans are lucky, they’ll keep gase, go 0-16 and draft Lawrence....then fire the entire FO and coaching staff and hire Daboll.  

I really don’t think Daboll would want to work for that owner without a huge amount and I mean F ing HUGE amount of guaranteed cash up front, and even then who T F would want to tarnish their career by doing so, it’s like taking a job working for Snyder in DC... nothing good can come from such a move. 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1