Idk if it’s been announced but the jets will not fire Adam Gase 🤣🤣

https://theathletic.com/2105647/2020/10/02/source-jets-will-not-fire-adam-gase-after-loss-to-broncos/

"While there were some internal discussions, the externally unpopular decision to keep Gase seems centered around Darnold and his development. That remains the most important aspect of this season. Despite this being his third year, the 23-year-old is still an unknown. At times, he looks very much like the franchise quarterback the Jets hoped he’d be. At others, sometimes in the same game, he looks lost. It’s unclear if the quarterback’s inconsistencies are because of himself, poor coaching, or surrounding talent. The Jets need to have a concrete evaluation of him before the end of the year. At 0-4, and with the challenging portion of their schedule upcoming, there’s a very real chance they’re in a position to draft Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence in April. They need to know what they have in Darnold before they consider that. Firing Gase now will further cloud Darnold’s development. Would having Dowell Loggains or Jim Bob Cooter in his ear actually be an improvement?"

1. "The Jets need to have a concrete evaluation of him before the end of the year"  IMHO, that's just what they won't get with Gase on the sideline

2. "Would having Jim Bob Cooter in his ear probably be an improvement?"  I dunno, it seemed to kinda work for Matt Stafford.  Know nothing about Dowel Loggains.

3. "It's unclear if the QB's inconsistencies are because of himself, poor coaching, or surrounding talent"  Can I say "yes"?  But Arnold looked better in 2018 than he looked last year or this year, so I think coaching and talent have to be given a hard look.

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Tweets all around confirm that Gase will be the coach for the rest of the season along with Joe Douglas 😂 🤣🤣🤣

Good. I want the Jets to win a few games at the end for two reasons:

a. They will keep Gase / Darnold around

b. Their draft picks will be lower

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, NewEra said:

If the jets fans are lucky, they’ll keep gase, go 0-16 and draft Lawrence....then fire the entire FO and coaching staff and hire Daboll.  

If Lawrence was smart, he would pull an Elway, and refuse to go to that dumpster fire of a franchise.

• Like (+1) 4

58 minutes ago, NewEra said:

If the jets fans are lucky, they’ll keep gase, go 0-16 and draft Lawrence....then fire the entire FO and coaching staff and hire Daboll.  

or more eerily they will go 6-10 by winning the last 5 games and then they will come back the same squad and coach again for continuity and the madness will continue in 2021

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I think this is where they are at and I agree with you. I think they are intentionally trashing the season. If I had some rep I'd give you a thumbs up

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

No I read they want Greg Roman, let’s face it though NO top tier HC or GM is gonna touch this team with a ten foot poll lol

You have to give Douglas time to rebuild the Jets.  And priority #1 should be to fire Gase. He got a reputation riding Peyton’s coattails, and has shown he has neither the talent nor temperament to be a HC.

I think Darnold has what it takes to be a good NFL QB but it’s starting to look like a David Carr scenario.

Edited by oldmanfan
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

You have to give Douglas time to rebuild the Jets.  And priority #1 should be to fire Gase. He got a reputation riding Peyton’s coattails, and has shown he has neither the talent nor temperament to be a HC.

I think Darnold has what it takes to be a good NFL QB but it’s starting to look like a David Carr scenario.

If I was the Jets owner and I saw the money Joe Douglas paid for free agents this year, and what he brought in with that money I'd fire him as well.  

From top to bottom they are the most poorly run organization in the NFL.    If they keep Douglas, I suppose Roman makes the most sense as he and Douglas were in Baltimore together, but I think that will be a poor hire for them as well.