HUGE GAME TONIGHT-Denver Broncos @ New York Jets

HOUSE

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

3rd personal foul against the Jets D

I was just thinking right now I'd hate to play them.  They're out of control and going for nasty

Wonder how much is in the pot for the Jets defense tonight?

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

3rd personal foul against the Jets D

I was just thinking right now I'd hate to play them.  They're out of control and going for nasty

Right not worried about beating them worried about the team getting out healthy.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Thanks for this. 

This is the only thing that I can find that seems to relate to that play: 

When tackling a passer who is in a defenseless posture (e.g., during or just after throwing a pass), a defensive player must not unnecessarily or violently throw him down

Not sure how that works as he wasn't passing at all. 

I still wish Darnold (again don’t have a problem with the guy just his team is an embarrassment) would say heck no, and hold out after this year and go to one of the teams who have aging QB’s.  Even if it means he backs up for a year and competes like Indy, NO, TB, Pitt, and maybe even although a stretch Detroit.  Give the kid a break, let him learn from a pro, and most of these coaches minus Patricia are pretty good with QB’s.  I don’t know if he’s washed up, or relegated to a backup as some have suggested as he’s not Rosen.  He’s playing with crap players and coaches and tried hard.

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Thanks for this. 

This is the only thing that I can find that seems to relate to that play: 

Not sure how that works as he wasn't passing at all. 

I had found that link and was going to post that exact quote. But then after re-reading it a couple times, Im not so sure.

Darnold wasnt in a passing stance or motion at that point. He was a runner. I dont think there is a rule against whipping a runner down. But I dont know.

You're right. It seems like it should be illegal, but it might not be.