Jump to content
mykidsdad

Dan Le Batard FINALLY Eats Crow on Josh Allen

Recommended Posts

 

I've been waiting for this for a looooong time. For those of you who don't care, you're probably better off. I'm petty and miserable and want every Josh doubter to eat it. :)

  • Like (+1) 5
  • Meh 1
  • Haha (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why the hate towards The Schmo ? | Page 4 | Sherdog Forums | UFC, MMA &  Boxing Discussion

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm on it...

 

 

 

oh mykidsdad!

  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's ok OP, totally understandable given the length of time we've been waiting for a return to relevance--and to your point, our guy has had to put up monster numbers for an entire month before this even becomes a topic for the likes of 'Batard...

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, x-BillzeBubba said:

seems unduly cruel to the crow population

 

Don't crows eat batard?  Not the other way around?

 

batard
/bəˈtärd/
 
noun
 
  1. a short loaf of French bread having an oval or oblong shape.
    "I picked up a rustic batard from my favorite grocer"
     
 
 
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Kudos to LeBatard for the shoutout referencing Josh's country strong facemask penalty where he broke the would-be tackles of 3 Rams who had him in their grasp, including Donald. Gimme that facemask penalty on my QB all day--guaranteed that makes the opposing DL even less enthusiastic about rushing him, lolz. I mean, outside of Kelly, who have we ever had at QB who actually fights back? :)     

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dan LeFatBastard. 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure who he is, but he has a sissy name.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

 

Don't crows eat batard?  Not the other way around?

 

batard
/bəˈtärd/
noun
  1. a short loaf of French bread having an oval or oblong shape.
    "I picked up a rustic batard from my favorite grocer"

 

WELL played!

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  Nobody cares what Flounder thinks.  

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

WELL played!

 

9 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

 

Don't crows eat batard?  Not the other way around?

 

batard
/bəˈtärd/
 
noun
 
  1. a short loaf of French bread having an oval or oblong shape.
    "I picked up a rustic batard from my favorite grocer"
     
 
 

  Available at your local Wegman's store.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I like him & his shows.  It's irreverent and fun.  Yep he made fun of Josh & I disagreed with him, but he has admitted he was wrong. 

 

Good on him.

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont mind LeBatard. As Ive said previously, it used to be awesome to read his column in the Miami Herald on Monday after a Dolphins loss to the Bills in the 90s-00s. None of us here could burn the Phins as thoroughly as Dan. 😆

 

Good on him for coming around on Josh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Kudos to LeBatard for the shoutout referencing Josh's country strong facemask penalty where he broke the would-be tackles of 3 Rams who had him in their grasp, including Donald. Gimme that facemask penalty on my QB all day--guaranteed that makes the opposing DL even less enthusiastic about rushing him, lolz. I mean, outside of Kelly, who have we ever had at QB who actually fights back? :)     

Kyle Orton?

 

Oh wait, he did the opposite!!! 🤢

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Kudos to LeBatard for the shoutout referencing Josh's country strong facemask penalty where he broke the would-be tackles of 3 Rams who had him in their grasp, including Donald. Gimme that facemask penalty on my QB all day--guaranteed that makes the opposing DL even less enthusiastic about rushing him, lolz. I mean, outside of Kelly, who have we ever had at QB who actually fights back? :)     

Nope, don't want that penalty.  I don't want Josh's throwing hand anywhere near something that could shred it.  Hard pass.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am still a fan of the show. It’s been a struggle. Pre-pandemic, it was a relatively fresh format that’s basically Dan Patrick talking to the Danettes for the whole show getting side tracked within a pop culture theme more than sports per se.

 

LeBatard got notoriety being a controversial snarky sports journalist specializing in race. So at any time when the race topic can be sniffed out of any situation and especially when the pandemic took away sports, his natural default is to go slide back into that role. It can be suffered through but the payoff isn’t always worth it. I only listen on podcast so i can fwd past his flashbacks. Not even because i disagree but because he’s not adding anything unique but almost virtue signaling/shaming. Still the format works and is usually funny.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I like him & his shows.  It's irreverent and fun.  Yep he made fun uf Josh & I disagreed with him, but he has admitted he was wrong. 

 

Good on him.

People here that don't listen all the time "You don't get the show" LOL.  Glad he's come over the good side

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BuffalOhio said:

Nope, don't want that penalty.  I don't want Josh's throwing hand anywhere near something that could shred it.  Hard pass.

I was being somewhat facetious--of course I don't want Josh's hand or any other parts injured by "wrastling" defensive linemen all day. But I was more liking his spirit and never say die approach to every play. If that results in dishing it out every so often, it puts the league on notice, imho.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...