All the Josh MVP will be over soon so enjoy it now

1 hour ago, eball said:

Sometimes the best thing to do when you feel like you want to start a thread is to put the phone/keyboard down and go take a five minute break. The feeling will pass. 

Wisdom from a TBD sage. Oh, how many I've started and then deleted.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RobbRiddick said:

But you must remember Jim Kelly struggling to throw the ball in the cold vs the Raiders

The game vs Arizona Cardinals in ‘90 was the worst wind game ever. Team benches were blowing onto the field as a monster winter storm blew in. Kelly shredded them. Steve Tasker caught his 1st ever TD Pass. Took 5 hours to reach Dansville that night.

6 hours ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Once we start getting the high winds and snow he won’t be able to keep up these numbers, or keep up with QB’s that play in domes or in warmer weather. Like most years the weather in Buffalo will most likely be so bad that 200 yards passing will be a feat. 

I’m not saying he won’t be the best QB in those games but overall numbers will be what matters.

And believe me I’m a huge Josh Allen fan. Just saying until we get a new stadium the second half of the seasons will be low pass yard games. 

Not that the MVP is what matters a Super Bowl is what we want. But there so much argument in the media about MVP and I just think it’s unattainable for Josh in our facilities.

There was high winds on Sunday... what a terrible game that ended his mvp talk

7 hours ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

It is well known that even if it’s not snowing or terrible weather the wind plays a huge factor in Buffalo home games making it much harder to be accurate. Which is why they wanted Allen in the first place.

The sports media wants to sell this narrative.  I present the 51-3 drubbing of the Raiders in the AFCCG as exhibit number 1.  Extreme rare conditions lead to that Colts game a few years ago when there is 10 inches of snow on the field.  EXTREME RARE.  It is an outdoor game, has been and always should be.  Indoors is for sissys......go on ahead and identify with that but I like the sport they way is has been - outdoors.  Eff a dome.....

Over 1,000 yds passing in 3 games, 1/3 of his 2019 total. 10 TD passes in 3 games, almost half of his 2019 total. Shouldn't even have a pick on his resume. Beat a REALLY good Rams team this past weekend pulling out the Captain Clutch cape again, after people incessantly whine how we can't beat winning teams. But still, even still, the closet Nancy's are lurking.

Negative Nancy GIFs | Tenor

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

I was too young to really comprehend Kelly, but I’ve seen plenty of highlights of him lighting up defenses in home playoff games.  

Mahomes and Rodgers play in “awful conditions” second halves of every year as well.  

I’m pretty sure the Colts game is one of the only snow games I’ve seen us play in my adult life.  That seems to be more of an anomaly than anything normal.  

It was reportedly windy on Sunday, enough so that announcers and are pregame analysts were talking about it affecting the kicking game.  Allen threw for 300+ and 4 TD’s. 

For the record, I’m firmly in the “build some variation of a dome” camp, but I’ve seen QBs light it up in cold, windy, snowy weather way too much to be overly worried about this with Allen.   

Edited by SCBills

Once we start getting the high winds and snow he won’t be able to keep up these numbers, or keep up with QB’s that play in domes or in warmer weather. Like most years the weather in Buffalo will most likely be so bad that 200 yards passing will be a feat. 

I’m not saying he won’t be the best QB in those games but overall numbers will be what matters.

And believe me I’m a huge Josh Allen fan. Just saying until we get a new stadium the second half of the seasons will be low pass yard games. 

Not that the MVP is what matters a Super Bowl is what we want. Not that the MVP is what matters a Super Bowl is what we want. But there so much argument in the media about MVP and I just think it’s unattainable for Josh in our facilities.

let me know when you have your next party, you seem like you could be a lot of fun, man.

as for mvp, I have no problem with him not getting it, there are at this point better candidates such as wilson or mahomes and even rogers. I don't really care about mvp all I want is for JA to continue improving and leading the team to victory. which, given the present facilities, I believe will continue?

But there so much argument in the media about MVP and I just think it’s unattainable for Josh in our facilities.

this right here, is pure crazy talk, man.

party on!

I agree but there is so much talk about Josh being a mvp candidate so far, and I just think it’s unattainable without a new stadium. I hope I’m wrong

you are.

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

The game vs Arizona Cardinals in ‘90 was the worst wind game ever. Team benches were blowing onto the field as a monster winter storm blew in. Kelly shredded them. Steve Tasker caught his 1st ever TD Pass. Took 5 hours to reach Dansville that night.

I believe they scored over 40 that game as well

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Not that the MVP is what matters a Super Bowl is what we want. But there so much argument in the media about MVP and I just think it’s unattainable for Josh in our facilities.

Which QBs in the mvp discussion play in domes or warm weather? Not mahomes, not Russ, not Lamar, not Rodgers, not Ben (yes I said Ben, he looks really good and so do the Steelers), not Cam (yes I said Cam, don’t shoot the messenger) 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Which QBs in the mvp discussion play in domes or warm weather? Not mahomes, not Russ, not Lamar, not Rodgers, not Ben (yes I said Ben, he looks really good and so do the Steelers), not Cam (yes I said Cam, don’t shoot the messenger) 

And we have head to head matchups this year against where Josh is up against Wilson, Mahomes, Cam twice, and Ben Ro. Our schedule is not for the faint of heart and Josh will be on the big stage many times this year with the chance to show everyone what we have seen through the first 3 weeks. 

8 hours ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

You don't have a clue what you are talking about. Even if you were partially right, you're still 100% wrong because JA has a bazooka for a right arm and the wind will only be a small factor when a bazooka fires. That bomb a threw to Davis Sunday was on the run with his body twisted up and basically flicked his wrist and sent it flying at high velocity. 

8 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

This is the most overblown bull crap ever. There is legitimately around 2, sometimes only 1, awful weather games in OC each year. Why do people keep on about this crap? As a general rule, even in the winter, the weather is manageable most of the time.  

This times 1000%

Edited by BigPappy
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Oh dear god, think I was just talking to someone about that game.  Ton of rain, freezing temps.  Even with layers and thermal undies I was chilled to the bone.

1 hour ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Plus a defensive score. Although Kelly did throw for 300 as well. 

To be fair, we did leave a point on the field with that missed PAT. 😁

10 hours ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Why not? Allen's arm can cut through the wind.