Evaluating trades: Wyatt Teller breaking out

CorkScrewHill

So many peopel 

On 9/26/2020 at 12:07 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think most of us knew he was going to be an NFL starter but he got caught in a numbers games. Feliciano made him expendable last summer. 

Much like most of us knew that Quinton Spain would be a permanent fixture in the O-line, when it was obvious that Spain was being overrated.

The Browns run a power play to the left with Teller pulling around as lead blocker and it gets 8+ yards everytime, and they run it a ton. His transformation even from the last half of last year to this year is baffling.

On 9/26/2020 at 11:39 AM, Coach Tuesday said:

Good for him.  He has the tools, just wasn’t putting them together quickly enough here.

Yeah I wasn't surprised to see him go, but equally not surprised to see him eventually turn out to be good.  Good for him.

I like Teller when he was here, but it was just the wrong time for him to be on the team needing to develop at the same time the Franchise QB needed protection. If Teller was on Buffalo's team three years from now and all other things being equal to the current team status, I don't think the Bills trade Teller and he can take the 2 years necessary to show he can hold it down. But with Josh Allen, and the team so heavily invested in the Rookie QB's development, he needed a polished Offensive Line that could protect him and allow him to mature into what he is today and hopefully, for many years to come.