Adrian Peterson picked Lions over Chiefs

32 minutes ago, mattynh said:

After week one.   No guarantees.  But I agree kind of surprised he would not go with best team in the league.   But between non guaranteed money and playing time maybe he valued playing and money over a chance to win a sb

Yep, most football players just want to play. Championships are overrated if you weren’t a contributor to your team winning it. It depends on personality type imo, but I wouldn’t feel as thrilled with getting a Super Bowl ring as an inactive player vs being a starter. 

Just goes to show what his priorities are.  He's more interested in money and legacy (i.e., rushing totals) than in being a sparingly used bit piece on the Chiefs.  Can't say I blame him; this "gotta get a ring" mentality is great, but if you know it's not because of you I wonder how much it really means.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, MJS said:

He probably wanted to play.

Yeah who wants to be frustrated all year on the bench of a new team who clearly doesn't need you nor are you in their plans except for emergencies or mentoring their younger guys. No thanks, I would take a guaranteed salary and playing time almost every time. The lions are much better than their record last year, they just need to learn how to finish games. They blew seven 4th quarter leads last season.

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

It’s more about usage I would imagine. He’d likely be inactive/barely used insurance. 

Lions have a more crowded RB room than Chiefs. AP is at best third in depth chart in Detroit all year unless injuries happen and could see a lot of inactive too.  In KC, he had a shot at earning the backup spot.

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lions have a more crowded RB room than Chiefs. AP is at best third in depth chart in Detroit all year unless injuries happen and could see a lot of inactive too.  In KC, he had a shot at earning the backup spot.

There’s already several injuries and I think it has more to do with offensive style. If he can earn a role in Detroit he’ll have a chance at more carries that he would have in KC. Plus, Detroit’s rookie is hurt and hasn’t been involved in camp while KC’s is all the rage right now.

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Injuries definitely happen to Kerryon Johnson!