Bills Super Bowl Victory 20-21 Season

ngbills

Bills Super Bowl Win  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Will a Bills Super Bowl Win This Season Be Less Satisfying?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who Cares

Bills win the Super Bowl in a season impacted by COVID. We have players opting out, no fans, no preseason, and who knows what else is in store for the season. If the Bills win it all this year will it be a let down? Years of waiting and they win a odd year that will always have an * by it.  

Every other team will be playing the year with the exact same *. Same rules, same challenges, same lack of true home field advantages. From this background rubble of heretofore unimagined obstacles a champion will emerge, and that team will have overcome a wider array of challenges on their march to a championship, than any other previous winner—wouldn’t a SB be worth more this year? 

• Like (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I have never heard anyone mention caveats and disclaimers when talking about the Washington Super Bowl victory of 1987. I'm sure they did in the couple of years following, but everyone quickly moved on and it is viewed as any other Super Bowl.

I'd imagine the same will happen for the 2020 season.

It still counts, and I'll happily take it.

• Like (+1) 7

21 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Every other team will be playing the year with the exact same *. Same rules, same challenges, same lack of true home field advantages. From this background rubble of heretofore unimagined obstacles a champion will emerge, and that team will have overcome a wider array of challenges on their march to a championship, than any other previous winner—wouldn’t a SB be worth more this year? 

I agree with you!  When history looks back at this trying time in the world I bet the Superbowl winner will be looked at as inspiring.

I would love that to be our Bills!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm 70 years old.    I suffered through the Bills going 0 for the 1970s against the Carp, the misery of the post-Chuck Knox 1980s, 4 Super Bowls losses, 20 years of being New England's b!tch ... I will feel at least as good as any Chiefs fan felt last February, and probably better!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I would take it a step further and suggest this is a greater accomplishment. I feel the Bills have one of the best home field advantages in the NFL. Much of that will be lost this year so we lose more advantage this year than most teams. This would be a tremendous feat. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Augie said:

I would take it a step further and suggest this is a greater accomplishment. I feel the Bills have one of the best home field advantages in the NFL. Much of that will be lost this year so we lose more advantage this year than most teams. This would be a tremendous feat. 

I dunno... last season we were 4-4 at home last year but 6-2 on the road (including two huge “surprise” wins - @DAL and @PIT).  Obviously the fans are always great, to say the least, but it didn’t seem to translate to a discernible advantage in 2019.

Many games at NEF we came out completely flat - Cinci, Miami, and Philadelphia to name a few.

40 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I dunno... last season we were 4-4 at home last year but 6-2 on the road (including two huge “surprise” wins - @DAL and @PIT).  Obviously the fans are always great, to say the least, but it didn’t seem to translate to a discernible advantage in 2019.

Many games at NEF we came out completely flat - Cinci, Miami, and Philadelphia to name a few.

Fair point, I’ll go with the bigger picture. Go back a decade plus and I think we lose some of that as .............we stunk. I like our current team with our fans right now. I think our current fans with our current team would make a difference. JMO

• Like (+1) 1