Duke should definitely be part of the WR's this year

LB48

I would be VERY surprised if he made the 53.

We already went through this last year. He was cut and put on the practice squad. Teams didn't clamor to sign him. And they won't clamor to sign him this year either.

10 hours ago, LB48 said:

He's big  but not as big as Hodgins and Davis is just a big.  He gets open despite not having break away speed.  Excellent route running skills and great hands. 

IF he's cut another team will scoop him up right away.

Robert Foster has had his chances.  Isaiah Hodgins was a 6th round pick with 4.61 speed in the 40 yard dash.  As the Bills get better talent all over the field a draft choice free agent who can't stick with anyone in the past four years won't necessarily make the final roster.

Beasley, Brown, Diggs, Roberts, McKenzie, Davis AND Duke and about 3 other guys not named Duke form a uniquely talented group of of wide-outs!   All don't have to dress each game - and - injuries happen!

Fixed it for you

FWIW Joe B. and Matt Fairburn are doing a Q&A over at The Athletic right now and they don't think Duke makes the 53.  They have Hodgins there, and McKenzie might be the odd man out unless they keep 7.

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Fixed it for you

Duke seems a bit more stout....almost like he could be a H back....but your point is still well taken.

Gabe Davis IS a big WR.....is killing it in camp.....was a draft pick.....is definately making the team

Hodgins looks to me like that perfect red zone WR who doesnt drop balls......something Duke (and I was def a fan) seems to do at critical moments......Big WR's that cant get separation HAVE to be able to pull in balls in traffic and make plays in order to stick.....Duke actually had TWO chances to score in that playoff game and dropped balls.

Go with the young guys with huge upside......we already have a set of vets for the top of the roster.

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Diggs

Brown

Beasely

Roberts
Davis

Hodgins

PS

McKenzie

Moving on.

I think we carry 7.....McKenzie def makes it as he is the gadget guy......and Roberts def makes it for ST's

11 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Duke seems a bit more stout....almost like he could be a H back....but your point is still well taken.

Gabe Davis IS a big WR.....is killing it in camp.....was a draft pick.....is definately making the team

Hodgins looks to me like that perfect red zone WR who doesnt drop balls......something Duke (and I was def a fan) seems to do at critical moments......Big WR's that cant get separation HAVE to be able to pull in balls in traffic and make plays in order to stick.....Duke actually had TWO chances to score in that playoff game and dropped balls.

Go with the young guys with huge upside......we already have a set of vets for the top of the roster.

I think we carry 7.....McKenzie def makes it as he is the gadget guy......and Roberts def makes it for ST's

Agree if they add a 7th, it likely will be McKenzie.  The only other thought would be if they want pure speed, they instead pick Foster.  He again does give something unique whereas Duke brings nothing the team already doesn't have......well

Excluding Duke's cult following here

Starting to think they may cut Fromm which could open a spot either for a 7th WR or 9th DL

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Agree if they add a 7th, it likely will be McKenzie.  The only other thought would be if they want pure speed, they instead pick Foster.  He again does give something unique whereas Duke brings nothing the team already doesn't have......well

Excluding Duke's cult following here

I just have all kind of reservations about Foster which I wish we could trade for anything we can get.

I feel like there are motivational issues with him.......he puts up that great 2nd half of first season.....crickets since.....almost like he doesnt like competiion or something

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I just have all kind of reservations about Foster which I wish we could trade for anything we can get.

I feel like there are motivational issues with him.......he puts up that great 2nd half of first season.....crickets since.....almost like he doesnt like competiion or something

Yes I tend to also agree about the motivational issues with Foster.  Assuming the keep an extra WR, I'd rank McKenzie as most likely they'd keep followed by Foster only because of the speed he brings and Duke last as the team now has two big WR's so Duke doesn't bring anything special to the table that the team doesn't already have. 

Wouldn't shock me if Beane puts all three out there as trade bait.   Assuming McKenzie is the one he'd like to keep, but if he also is the one he could get something for in return, he'd be gone.  All three have relatively cheap contacts too.

16 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

A clod with behavioral issues who can’t run the route tree “should definitely be part of the WR’s this year”?? Why? Are Brown, Beasley, Diggs, McKenzie, Roberts & our rookies not good enough for you? 

Just stop the nonsense.

Where is the support for him being a clod?

He had issues in college, straightened up and had absolutely no issues in CFL for 2 years and for Bills last year.

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

He had an attitude about being from great college team Alabama and he made team the hard way,.

McCoy took him under his wing, explained that in NFL every WR had to work hard to get there and had to work harder in NFL and his attitude especially practice and workout changed so he had a very good 2nd half rookie year becoming the go to WR for long plays.

In his 2nd year his attitude changed and McCoy was too focused on his own issues and he slumped surviving by being ST gunner.

I do not see him improving without guidance and do not see it in Buffalo this year with all the other issues and rookies.

I like Duke and he brought good energy and seemed to have a good connection with Josh.   Unfortunately he didn’t come up big when it most counted.  May be a bit unfair to judge him on that difficult play that he dropped the contested catch, but that’s just how it goes when you are an undrafted player on the bubble with stiff competition.

He'll make the PS and that's fine with me.  He's an insurance policy if either rookie wr struggles. Duke is not as awful as some depict but there will be little or no targets available after Diggs, Brown, Beasley and Knox. So it really doesn't matter who we 4-7 are? Besides I see Daboll target the RB's much more this fall.

6 hours ago, eball said:

FWIW Joe B. and Matt Fairburn are doing a Q&A over at The Athletic right now and they don't think Duke makes the 53.  They have Hodgins there, and McKenzie might be the odd man out unless they keep 7.

Yeah I think the #6 spot is going to be a battle between McKenzie and Hodgins.  McKenzie brings speed and versatility.  Hodgins brings size.  He also has very good hands and wins contested balls.  Though his speed is pretty pedestrian, he has demonstrated the ability to get open on occasion.