S Derwin James to miss significant time again! Torn Meniscus in knee...(out 6-8 months)

Big Turk

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Such a phenomenal player when healthy...but he can't seem to stay healthy...going to miss significant time again this year after missing all of last year...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-chargers-derwin-james-miss-224900359.html

Happened to Bob Sanders too. 2 full seasons and 2 first team all pros. Every other year he was hurt.  Polamalu also always seemed to have lingering issues, not quite the same but u wonder what might have been

Edited by dneveu
  • Like (+1) 2

He’s been good when healthy, but with that pass rush I think a lot of players would look pretty good back there. What makes him on the cusp of elite status is his ability to wreak some havoc close to the line. Sucks to see young players missing big chunks of time 

7 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Some of it has to be PEDs. Some is just bad luck

I mean. a lot are just freak injuries.  Then other injuries kind of happen after that.  You tear ur achilles and then you're significantly more likely to tear the other, or to suffer muscle tissue injuries etc.  

A lot of these guys spend a ton of time in the gym too building strength muscles.  But I'm not sure enough of them spend enough time on flexibility.  I remember seeing a diggs workout and everyone was ribbing him on social media, but an actual trainer said - he's building functional strength for his position, not just getting huge...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He came back toward the end of last year I think. Bills don’t play them until end of November unfortunately so he should be back. He’s a game changer on their D for sure 

Knee injuries are no joke and in the cold of November I doubt he will be 100%. I sprained my knee playing hockey 6 months ago and it took two months just to get back to normal running and I have to use a brace now. A tear is wayy worse and the activities and abuse football players do is not a good thing for knees.

15 hours ago, dneveu said:

Happened to Bob Sanders too. 2 full seasons and 2 first team all pros. Every other year he was hurt.  Polamalu also always seemed to have lingering issues, not quite the same but u wonder what might have been

8 Pro Bowls, 4 All Pros, 158 games in 12 seasons.

23 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He came back toward the end of last year I think. Bills don’t play them until end of November unfortunately so he should be back. He’s a game changer on their D for sure 

Not so fast...

• Like (+1) 1

I’m sorry for this guy.  It’s heartbreaking to keep trying at something, and keep getting hurt.  As far as the PED comment, I never read anything about him getting suspended for PED’s so if just a guess, ok.  PED’s can encourage injuries, but I don’t want to accuse someone of something if they didn’t do it.  I’ve seen a lot of injuries over the years of guys on PED’s blowing out shoulders, knees, etc.