Bills Entire Marketing Dept Steps Down

Mango

27 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

There would be better football at the lower levels if it was a bigger part of the culture here.  This isn’t a rip on WNY.  Their hockey development of youngsters is fantastic.  A talented young hockey player in NE Ohio should just move to a more hockey-centric place.  There is no culture for it there.  But there sure is here.  There just isn’t a big football culture here - and it shows in the development programs.  It doesn’t mean that people here don’t love their Bills with all their heart.  I know they do.

Again just because this isn't a high level amateur football area  doesn't mean this isn't a football town. They aren't mutual

You can be a football fan without playing ?. And buffalo has always been rabid for football

And I know players who have gone D1 and to the league from here. There is good football in pockets, it's just not like Texas

That doenst mean people don't love football. I've met way more people in Buffalo who don't watch hockey than football

It's a sports town in general but football been Uber popular since the 20s and the all Americans

Edited by Buffalo716

3 hours ago, Rico said:

Seriously, how long were these people employees of the Bills? 

If they were here before McD showed up, then they are losers by association, GTFO of town.

The people responsible for developing tag lines and graphic design don’t impact wins and losses....

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I couldnt care less but just call it like it is.

Then you evidently cared a little...?

5 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Yeah, it’s not a great look.  Let’s face it, the Bills pretty much sell themselves in WNY.  At its heart Buffalo is truly a hockey town, but the Sabres have been so bad for so long that they have to be almost impossible to sell here.  I can’t imagine my job being dependent on doing that.  And that situation is definitely not the fault of anyone in marketing. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

That's really debatable.  

there has been wild support for football teams here since the buffalo all-amwrocans in the 1920s. Way before there was a hockey team

the sabres became massively popular right after the lockout when we became really good. I don't think they were more popular than the bills in the 70s 80s or 90s

Almost everybody in Buffalo loves the bills. There's been tons of people in the city for 40 years who don't follow hockey

The Sabres have always been popular, since they came into the league in 1970. That said the Bills are king and always will be. Sabres are right behind them but will always be #2. It's like the Red Sox in Boston. They are THE team.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Sabres have always been popular, since they came into the league in 1970. That said the Bills are king and always will be. Sabres are right behind them but will always be #2. It's like the Red Sox in Boston. They are THE team.

I know they've always been popular. I'm saying post-lockout they really hit a boom In popularity

The amount of sabres merchandise sold pre and post lockout was insane

This is anecdotal but my cousin's husband works as a video editor for PSG and has nothing but great things to say about the organization (specifically Kim).  Reports like this surprise me.

1 hour ago, Da webster guy said:

Marketing department for an NFL team.

Its like having a dozen meteorologists at a San Diego news station.

brickcarell1.jpg&w=1024&h=768

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

At its heart Buffalo is truly a hockey town, but the Sabres have been so bad for so long that they have to be almost impossible to sell here. 

Nah.

I can take you to neighborhoods where there are block after block of people who couldn't tell you

anything about hockey, what the rules of the game even are, have never laced on a pair skates 

and have no desire to.  Hockey is popular in certain pockets and development of players is excellent

in those pockets.

Buffalo, at heart, is a Buffalo Bills town.  Since they started and on through today, and always will be.  

I would say Buffalo is more of a football city.  A majority know the game, have played the game and are

passionate about the game.  That crosses all demographics in town.  

I'll go one further -- If Buffalo had a MLB team that team would be more popular than the Sabres too. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

This is anecdotal but my cousin's husband works as a video editor for PSG and has nothing but great things to say about the organization (specifically Kim).  Reports like this surprise me.

brickcarell1.jpg&w=1024&h=768

Not everyone has the same experience at their job.  You make your own reputation.

12 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

wow, 5 pages and spirited debate about the culture of the marketing department of the Bills.  

We are totally insane fans.  

We also need the season to begin!

Can 3 people create a "culture"?

10 minutes ago, IslandBillsFan said:

This is exactly what I was thinking.  (Except I was thinking probably two people.)

it’s still strange to see all 3 leave, no?

i don’t get the argument that it’s just three as if that’s insignificant 

7 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

it’s still strange to see all 3 leave, no?

i don’t get the argument that it’s just three as if that’s insignificant 

Do you consider the Bills' marketing to have been great?  Anything special?  If not, 3 people won't be hard to replace.