Bills Entire Marketing Dept Steps Down

Mango

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2020/8/27/21403772/buffalo-bills-entire-marketing-department-resigns-per-report

The Pegula's are creating quite the string of bad credit in the last few years as an employer (outside of actual football ops).

Saw it briefly mentioned in the Chris Brown thread. Thought it deserved its own discussing. Mods, feel free to merge. 

• Like (+1) 2

This doesn't sound good, but part of me wonders how often these things went on in years past and nobody knew about it. 

25 years ago we likely wouldn't have known, or cared, if someone on the business side left the team. 

I also worry about what happens with the stadium now. No way NY is going to pony up any $$ for a Bills stadium post-COVID. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

"... according to Tim Graham."

Why am I not surprised? Timmy is so salty.

He's reporting that the entire department is gone.  What are you talking about?  He made it up?

Anyway, maybe this suits you better?:

“All I can say is that morale is very low outside of the football department,” says John Wawrow of the Associated Press. “Just when you think things can’t get lower they do.”

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Two sides to every story - will wait for more facts.

They weren't fired, they quit----dream jobs in the most high profile pro sports league in the country--during a pandemic.

What facts do you think are still yet to be made known that would make this a good thing or not a bad turn of events for this organization?

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He's reporting that the entire department is gone.  What are you talking about?  He made it up?

“All I can say is that morale is very low outside of the football department,” says John Wawrow of the Associated Press. “Just when you think things can’t get lower they do.”

Yeah, it’s not a great look.  Let’s face it, the Bills pretty much sell themselves in WNY.  At its heart Buffalo is truly a hockey town, but the Sabres have been so bad for so long that they have to be almost impossible to sell here.  I can’t imagine my job being dependent on doing that.  And that situation is definitely not the fault of anyone in marketing. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I expect him to stop trying to dig up dirt on the Bills 24/7 365. That's literally all he cares about. He's obsessed with painting the organization as this evil empire.

• Like (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

They weren't fired, they quit----dream jobs in the most high profile pro sports league in the country--during a pandemic.

What facts do you think are still yet to be made known that would make this a good thing or not a bad turn of events for this organization?

Don't celebrate too much.

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

This doesn't sound good, but part of me wonders how often these things went on in years past and nobody knew about it. 

25 years ago we likely wouldn't have known, or cared, if someone on the business side left the team. 

I also worry about what happens with the stadium now. No way NY is going to pony up any $$ for a Bills stadium post-COVID. 

Without public money nothing will happen I don't think.  The Fanbase in WNY is not as wealthy as other communities so ticket prices will have to stay on the cheaper side.

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

I expect him to stop trying to dig up dirt on the Bills 24/7 365. That's literally all he cares about. He's obsessed with painting the organization as this evil empire.

Just because you’re paranoid it doesn’t mean they’re not out to get you. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5