Darron Lee workout

7 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

That's because LB's are built now the way safety's used to be built.  Whatever happened to being physical at the point of attack.  My god can't a LB weigh at least close to 240 pounds anymore?  You get an O lineman on any LB now and they are pretty much finished.  All these supposed LB's do is run.  But they can't tackle or stand their ground.  Sure its a passing league but guys weigning 220-225 at LB is just not what football was about.  Remember the Giants LB's back in the day of Pepper Johnson, Carl Banks, Harry Carson and LT.  Those were LB's.  Heck we had Keith Newman Sam Rogers Sam Cowart and John Holacek.  All 4 could bang.  Now we have Matt Milano and Tremaine Edmunds.  Yes they are athletic.  But when was the last time either of them just knocked the snot out of a RB sending him backwards??  I just had to rant.  I want some physicality w my football..  Dam it!!

Now get off my lawn....!!! 

It isn't going back any time soon Paup sorry. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I consider Thompson underrated, Dodson and Joseph intriguing. 

I am not against Lee at a vet minimum. Wouldn't pay more than that. 

Well, if Lee improves the position, sign him. Not sure any of us are in a place we can judge that. That is why we pay those coaches a lot of money. Coaches want the  best players playing. They'll figure it out. .... If Lee is better, we'll see him wearing a Bills jersey soon.

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

Maybe take a chance on Nigel Bradham?

I hear he's available.

he signed with NO

21 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Well, if Lee improves the position, sign him. Not sure any of us are in a place we can judge that. That is why we pay those coaches a lot of money. Coaches want the  best players playing. They'll figure it out. .... If Lee is better, we'll see him wearing a Bills jersey soon.

he signed with NO

Saints released Bradham just the other day 

11 hours ago, Reks Ryan said:

I liked him on paper coming out of Columbus and thought he was a strong candidate to be the Bills 1st round pick.     He was disappointing for the Jets, but he did have some highlight plays, a few good games, and seems like he has potential.  I'm sure you followed him closer than me.    Why so adamantly against him now?

Lots of buzz around him that he prioritized drugs and partying over football.  He didn’t seem to have really worked on his game like he should have.  I know he had a four game suspension for drugs.  Also he had some other off field stuff that looked bad.  Tremendously talented individual who looks to have pissed that away. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Lots of buzz around him that he prioritized drugs and partying over football.  He didn’t seem to have really worked on his game like he should have.  I know he had a four game suspension for drugs.  Also he had some other off field stuff that looked bad.  Tremendously talented individual who looks to have pissed that away. 

His talent was always a bit in the "man when this guy puts it together" territory though. You watched his tape from the college football playoff against Alabama and he looked like an all-pro but even in college on a dominant Ohio State team there was too much inconsistency. I thought he was over drafted based on physical potential. That he found the mental transition difficult is not really a shock to me.

21 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

His talent was always a bit in the "man when this guy puts it together" territory though. You watched his tape from the college football playoff against Alabama and he looked like an all-pro but even in college on a dominant Ohio State team there was too much inconsistency. I thought he was over drafted based on physical potential. That he found the mental transition difficult is not really a shock to me.

Yup.  That all said, I have no problem if the Bills want to take a flyer on him to see if he got himself together.  He’s not a guy you want to commit to financially or depend on taking a significant role though.  He’d have to prove himself and earn all that first. 

15 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I consider Thompson underrated, Dodson and Joseph intriguing. 

I am not against Lee at a vet minimum. Wouldn't pay more than that. 

I don't think money is the concern. It's who does he replace?

12 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

That's because LB's are built now the way safety's used to be built.  Whatever happened to being physical at the point of attack.  My god can't a LB weigh at least close to 240 pounds anymore?  You get an O lineman on any LB now and they are pretty much finished.  All these supposed LB's do is run.  But they can't tackle or stand their ground.  Sure its a passing league but guys weigning 220-225 at LB is just not what football was about.  Remember the Giants LB's back in the day of Pepper Johnson, Carl Banks, Harry Carson and LT.  Those were LB's.  Heck we had Keith Newman Sam Rogers Sam Cowart and John Holacek.  All 4 could bang.  Now we have Matt Milano and Tremaine Edmunds.  Yes they are athletic.  But when was the last time either of them just knocked the snot out of a RB sending him backwards??  I just had to rant.  I want some physicality w my football..  Dam it!!

This is great. I miss this type of football too. Sort of reminds me of Baseball's progression. There used to be so much more gamesmanship--hit and run, bunting, etc.  Now its all analytics and shifts.  Guys either hit home runs or strike out.  Teams can play the shift, and hitters don't even have the skill to drop a bunt or slap the ball the other way.  Sort of takes some of the romance out of the game.  Now, LBs not being thumpers doesn't exactly take the "romance" out of Football, but it would be pretty cool to see big guys hit each other. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

Yup.  That all said, I have no problem if the Bills want to take a flyer on him to see if he got himself together.  He’s not a guy you want to commit to financially or depend on taking a significant role though.  He’d have to prove himself and earn all that first. 

If they give him a vet minimum or close to I am fine with bringing him in for a look-see.

• Like (+1) 2

If Darron Lee is ever going to have himself an NFL career, it will be in an defense like Buffalo plays.  He's not good for much of anything else.  Whether he can do it in Buffalo's offense remains to be seen.  Still, he's young enough and athletic, and it's worth it to take a flyer on him.

6 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Id be stoked if we got Lee. He has struggled but he is young talented and fast. McDermott would get most out of him and he would be surrounded by other elite talented defenders

guys look bad in diffrent schemes all the time.  if there was a defense where he could look good in it could be ours.  too much talent and too good of coaching.  i wouldn't bet on it but this is the best shot he's got.