This is sickening

3 minutes ago, Cinga said:

It all began when we started ignoring Survival of the Fittest?

Hell if I know. If I had to guess; I’d say we have quite a few rocking the velcro sneakers so they don’t have to try and tie their shoes for 30 minutes every morning. 

I’ve read some stupid ***** before. I’ve probably even posted one or two of my own. But this place has a couple that routinely outdo themselves. 

Edited by The Guy In Pants
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Guy In Pants said:

Hell if I know. If I had to guess; I’d say we have quite a few rocking the velcro sneakers so they don’t have to try and tie their shoes for 30 minutes every morning. 

I’ve read some stupid ***** before. I’ve probably even posted one or two of my own. But this place has a couple that routinely outdo themselves. 

No one is worse than you 

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

So, the governors of Washington and Oregon are inept enough that they need Trump to order them what to do?

He wants Trump to order states to do whatever, then he can call him a dictator.....and he'd be right

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

Only in the alternative universe you've concocted in your sick brain.

Explain how any group advocating for a command economy and authoritarian regimes can sit next to a libertarian on a political spectrum.  Even simpler, explain a political spectrum where both ends are authoritarian.  Seriously, I am definitely open to hearing an explanation about this.

25 minutes ago, dubs said:

Explain how any group advocating for a command economy and authoritarian regimes can sit next to a libertarian on a political spectrum.  Even simpler, explain a political spectrum where both ends are authoritarian.  Seriously, I am definitely open to hearing an explanation about this.

It's certainly hard to categorize, but generally speaking Libertarian/Authoritarian is the vertical axis and Liberal/Conservative are the horizontal axis. They don't necessarily coincide exclusively with one or the other. That said, the 'woke' culture is pretty much top left corner (Liberal Authoritarians).

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bilzfancy said:

He wants Trump to order states to do whatever, then he can call him a dictator.....and he'd be right

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

So, the governors of Washington and Oregon are inept enough that they need Trump to order them what to do?

COVID is out of control - where is a national policy or approach on how to solve this? 

Portland Riots Summed Up -- A Defense Line of Mothers Formed to Shield Their Kids From Federal Agents

d025a97f-fc42-4882-a6f0-d444c4b703b6.jpg

Had The Babylon Bee made this post they would be criticized for being too outlandish.

One of the running commentaries you hear frequently regarding Antifa and its hordes of black-clad pre-pubescent anarchists is that they were just in their parents’ basement the week before. It is a shorthand way of dismissing them as less-than-influential, but now in a remarkable happenstance this dismissive insult has in a way been proven correct. Rioters actually — LITERALLY — had their mothers coming out to defend them.

It has been a dizzying reality to watch the elected officials of cities like Seattle and Portland stand back and offer support to the rioters and Antifa goons, all while holding their police at bay and allowing these thugs to run rampant in their cities. When Federal authorities arrived last week in Portland we have heard more of an outcry over the authoritarian agents than about the illegalities that have been permitted for nearly 2 months. It was in reaction to these agents in town that this weekend’s comedy played out.

On Saturday as curfews went ignored and the onyx-outfitted occupiers were roaming the streets a phalanx of Karens came out to stand arm-in-arm, chanting, all to protect their kids from the federal agents in town. Yes – seriously. It is the kind of thing I wish I had dreamed up for the sake of merriment and satire, but here they have ruined it. Moms actually came out to shield their precious vandals.

That these social activists fail to see their message gets slightly undercut with the presence of being protected by Mom is also good material. Your outrage loses a bit of its venom when you resort to raging at a cop with, ”You’re lucky my Mom is here, Pig!’’

This scene actually speaks on so many levels, and each of those illustrates what many have been saying for some time now about Portland — just let the city crumble under its own ignorance. The image of a blockade of Hens who brought juice boxes and Lunchables for their rioting progeny is the perfect message of what is wrong with that city. 

It shows they raised these kids to be privileged cranks who are above accountability. They are the typical parent we have seen who coddle rather than teach right and wrong, so they let them run rampant with inflated self-esteem. They also have a warped impression of safety, because most parents would consider it a far wiser move to remove their kids from a social flare-up, but not here. The Moms turn to the cops and demand they be the ones who restrain themselves. 

More at the link: https://www.redstate.com/bradslager/2020/07/20/portland-riots-summed-up-a-defense-line-of-mothers-formed-to-shield-their-kids-from-federal-agents/

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Cinga said:

Yeah, cause everyone knows a demonstration or riot is equivalent to a war for independence huh?

I mean, the only major difference I can think of is one risks their life, liberty and fortune, the other is only willing to risk someone else life, liberty and fortune.

Really?   Look up James Chaney,  Andrew Goodman, Michael Schwermer, Medgar Evers, Allison Beth Krause, Jeffrey Miller, Sandra Scheuer, and William Schroeder.

2 hours ago, bilzfancy said:

...it's on the books so let's get started.....

The Insurrection Act of 1807 is a United States federal law (10 U.S.C. §§ 251255; prior to 2016, 10 U.S.C. §§ 331–335; amended 2006, 2007) that empowers the President of the United States to deploy U.S. military and federalized National Guard troops within the United States in particular circumstances, such as to suppress civil disorder, insurrection and rebellion.

The act provides a "statutory exception" to the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878, which limits the use of military personnel under federal command for law enforcement purposes within the United States.[1][2]

Before invoking the powers under the Act, 10 U.S.C. § 254 requires the President to first publish a proclamation ordering the insurgents to disperse.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

It's certainly hard to categorize, but generally speaking Libertarian/Authoritarian is the vertical axis and Liberal/Conservative are the horizontal axis. They don't necessarily coincide exclusively with one or the other. That said, the 'woke' culture is pretty much top left corner (Liberal Authoritarians).

I think that’s fair but not how it’s most people refer to the political spectrum when doing so. 

it’s mostly viewed that on the far left you have communism and the far right you has fascism. I would argue that the actual spectrum should have some keep differences, primarily the role of government vs individual freedom. I think you could make an argument that anarachism is closer to far right as it is than Nazis. 

In the quadrant approach, the vast majority of people consider themselves “conservative” or “right” meaning they want less government intervention and more individual freedoms. They also believe in the constitution as written and federalism. They don’t care about race, sexuality, marriage, and all these other third rail issues. In other words, this paradigm people subscribe to is (IMO) is purposefully wrong to keep division and obfuscate the actual choice, which is more or less government control. 

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

Really?   Look up James Chaney,  Andrew Goodman, Michael Schwermer, Medgar Evers, Allison Beth Krause, Jeffrey Miller, Sandra Scheuer, and William Schroeder.

this marxist movement today has absolutely nothing in common with civil rights activists from the 60s. Then was a struggle for the rights of individuals, now is more them wanting to transform this country to suit their marxist beliefs

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, Cinga said:

this marxist movement today has absolutely nothing in common with civil rights activists from the 60s. Then was a struggle for the rights of individuals, now is more them wanting to transform this country to suit their marxist beliefs

They all weren't civil rights activists.

10 hours ago, Cinga said:

He had heard of the protests in the city and was concerned about the federal agents, and decided to go chat with them huh? But for no reason they just started wailing on him?

What kind of bullschiff is that? Accusing Trump of trying to incite unrest in a city full of it already? How 'bout he is trying to protect FEDERAL property from marxists? 

The article claims a video which they apparently watched of the whole thing, yet never links it for the readers. Just trust their narrative?

But oh, my favorite part... He gets help from a street medic named Tav, who goes by the preferred pronouns they/them (is it legion) and the twitter handle of this poor innocent veteran is Tazerface... And of course we're supposed to believe the back pack was to hold his wallet and keys.... 

Lazy journalism meets stupidity... 

No, no keep going I'm listening.

5 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Thanks for the 3 minute video of a black screen. It was enlightening and definitely helped me understand.

You didn't miss anything. Nothing to show what happened before he gets hit with a baton multiple (3 times) times and then sprayed ion the face. Either he's high, or more likely that baton was rubber since he doesn't even flinch. Nothing in this shows how his hand got broke and his backpack has a hell of a lot more in it than his wallet and keys as the article claims...

And oh, did I mention HIS TWITTER HANDLE IS TAZERFACE?

@Warcodered, like I said above, lazy ass media.... 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Cinga said:

You didn't miss anything. Nothing to show what happened before he gets hit with a baton multiple (3 times) times and then sprayed ion the face. Either he's high, or more likely that baton was rubber since he doesn't even flinch. Nothing in this shows how his hand got broke and his backpack has a hell of a lot more in it than his wallet and keys as the article claims...

And oh, did I mention HIS TWITTER HANDLE IS TAZERFACE?

@Warcodered, like I said above, lazy ass media.... 

Does this one have enough of him just standing their or do you just not care?

24 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Does this one have enough of him just standing their or do you just not care?

Just proves what I've already said that he was there to incite, not talk... TAZERFACE!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Just proves what I've already said that he was there to incite, not talk... TAZERFACE!

Yeah the character from Guardians of the Galaxy hilarious, what did he do to incite then since it seems so obvious to you?

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

Portland Riots Summed Up -- A Defense Line of Mothers Formed to Shield Their Kids From Federal Agents

d025a97f-fc42-4882-a6f0-d444c4b703b6.jpg

Had The Babylon Bee made this post they would be criticized for being too outlandish.

One of the running commentaries you hear frequently regarding Antifa and its hordes of black-clad pre-pubescent anarchists is that they were just in their parents’ basement the week before. It is a shorthand way of dismissing them as less-than-influential, but now in a remarkable happenstance this dismissive insult has in a way been proven correct. Rioters actually — LITERALLY — had their mothers coming out to defend them.

It has been a dizzying reality to watch the elected officials of cities like Seattle and Portland stand back and offer support to the rioters and Antifa goons, all while holding their police at bay and allowing these thugs to run rampant in their cities. When Federal authorities arrived last week in Portland we have heard more of an outcry over the authoritarian agents than about the illegalities that have been permitted for nearly 2 months. It was in reaction to these agents in town that this weekend’s comedy played out.

On Saturday as curfews went ignored and the onyx-outfitted occupiers were roaming the streets a phalanx of Karens came out to stand arm-in-arm, chanting, all to protect their kids from the federal agents in town. Yes – seriously. It is the kind of thing I wish I had dreamed up for the sake of merriment and satire, but here they have ruined it. Moms actually came out to shield their precious vandals.

That these social activists fail to see their message gets slightly undercut with the presence of being protected by Mom is also good material. Your outrage loses a bit of its venom when you resort to raging at a cop with, ”You’re lucky my Mom is here, Pig!’’

This scene actually speaks on so many levels, and each of those illustrates what many have been saying for some time now about Portland — just let the city crumble under its own ignorance. The image of a blockade of Hens who brought juice boxes and Lunchables for their rioting progeny is the perfect message of what is wrong with that city. 

It shows they raised these kids to be privileged cranks who are above accountability. They are the typical parent we have seen who coddle rather than teach right and wrong, so they let them run rampant with inflated self-esteem. They also have a warped impression of safety, because most parents would consider it a far wiser move to remove their kids from a social flare-up, but not here. The Moms turn to the cops and demand they be the ones who restrain themselves. 

More at the link: https://www.redstate.com/bradslager/2020/07/20/portland-riots-summed-up-a-defense-line-of-mothers-formed-to-shield-their-kids-from-federal-agents/

In another thread there is a discussion about the people participating in protests being more or less safe from the virus—won’t likely get it and likely won’t spread it.  I’m skeptical, but that’s just me.   In my post I mentioned that I’d think in a crowd of 10,000 or 20,000...whatever, mask discipline was likely not 100%.

In the photo shared, there is a 100% mask failure and absolutely no social distancing.   The story should NOT be about mothers defending their little anarchists, there should be an expose on all the people they are surely going to kill.  

i guess this is just nazi propaganda.. from a black portland police officer.

POLICE ARE THE ENEMY!

FEDS ARE THE ENEMY...as WE attack them and their buildings!

so much justice taking place, but what about the communities most vulnerable that are left behind after the protesters scream to defund their protection?

they are paying the price! and when THEY ASK the protesters for support, it is nowhere to be found!

here the chicago community has seen murders skyrocket and is asking, where is the outrage! where is the support!

dont you want to SEE the change you help create!? here! 1 min on!

have you looked away? small black owned businesses destroyed. the CHOP murder, father said no one called or cared. start at 3:30.

still watching? the 8 year old killed AT BLM RALLY in atlanta mother and father pleaded with protestors asking why! 

that funeral had to be payed for by a actor!!..NOT THE BLM!!! a organization that has collected millions in donations!!! rewards for murders are gathered through small community buisness. noone has any clue where BLM money goes, and i guess noone cares to find out. prob wont like 5he answer..but keep promoting it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2020/07/08/tyler-perry-pay-funeral-expenses-girl-shot-atlanta/5402326002/

hey speaking of slogans, how about the young woman killed for simply saying All lives matter instead of black.

https://fox59.com/news/family-of-woman-killed-on-canal-to-hold-press-conference-prayer-service/

has it gone far enough yet? no? day 50 for a bunch of white people destroying a fed building will help thier community? outraged by a guy who got involved in a riot and would not listen to officers telling him to move? i feel really bad man. well its just another cut  and paste defund scream that im sure will save the people. 

the original intent was just. no one has ever argued different! new ways of policing are fine if...DONE CAREFULLY, but the mob knows best! 

regardless.

are police under more scrutiny then the history of the force? YES? do you think a murder will go by that the media wont hold them accountable? NO. has demanding defunding resulted in anything positive from the foolish mayors that do it without a proper stratagy? HELL NO! so lets give it to PORTLAND too so they can move on to more destruction of dumb ass statues instead of, i don't know working with communities and leadership to build better relations and tactics! lets demonize all for actions of the few!! lets scream about systems of oppression on our I phone and nike gear that we obtained knowing full well it was produced in...a system of oppression.

ask these questions and you become a racist, but this is the truth of what's happening and somehow the progressive left think they are the good guys. keep fighting the good fight. 

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Like (+1) 4

20 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

https://www.newsweek.com/republican-rand-paul-breaks-trump-over-portland-cannot-give-liberty-security-1519204

Republican Rand Paul Breaks With Trump Over Portland: 'Cannot Give Up Liberty for Security'

From the article

"We cannot give up liberty for security," Paul said. "Local law enforcement can and should be handling these situations in our cities but there is no place for federal troops or unidentified federal agents rounding people up at will."

Interesting how Newsweek ignored that part of Paul's tweet huh? The rest of the article is is just more #orangemanbad referencing the Lincoln Project Anti-Trumpers.

Once again, the only reason Federal authorities are there is to protect Federal property and because local LE is not allowed to do their job!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cinga said:

From the article

Interesting how Newsweek ignored that part of Paul's tweet huh? The rest of the article is is just more #orangemanbad referencing the Lincoln Project Anti-Trumpers.

Once again, the only reason Federal authorities are there is to protect Federal property and because local LE is not allowed to do their job!

But, but, but they were in camoufloged uniforms!  

• Haha (+1) 1

Fox News judicial analyst Andrew Napolitano has condemned the Trump administration for sending federal troops into Portland to stop protests unfolding there, saying their actions are both unconstitutional and “just plain wrong”.

It comes amid growing anger at the sight of camouflage-clad troops arresting people on Portland’s streets without explanation – even as city leaders demand that they leave.

The federal government cannot put troops or military personnel or police on the streets without the invitation of the governor or the legislature of the state,” said Mr Napolitano in a Fox News interview. “That’s not only federal law, that’s in the Constitution.

Today's #1 proponent of Anarchy 

WBQA4uZxiCLaARqPSY_wAP5uTB6rH747L1zZyJge

161112-Ketcham-Anarchist-for-Trump-tease

ALL HAIL KING DONALD!!!!

8 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Fox News judicial analyst Andrew Napolitano has condemned the Trump administration for sending federal troops into Portland to stop protests unfolding there, saying their actions are both unconstitutional and “just plain wrong”.

It comes amid growing anger at the sight of camouflage-clad troops arresting people on Portland’s streets without explanation – even as city leaders demand that they leave.

The federal government cannot put troops or military personnel or police on the streets without the invitation of the governor or the legislature of the state,” said Mr Napolitano in a Fox News interview. “That’s not only federal law, that’s in the Constitution.

If your going to cut and paste, at least give the link

Here is the original story from FOX, and you conveniently left out a rather important part

https://www.foxnews.com/media/judge-napolitano-federal-agents-portland-constitution

“The federal government can use federal assets to protect federal property,” Napolitano said.

“Stated differently, the Department of Homeland Security can send police into Oregon to protect a federal courthouse in Oregon, use that as an example.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

What other Federal property is there in Portland?

Protect the court house alone ! 

Are all of the Trump Properties Federal property? 

Why is there a police presence outside of Trump hotels in NY, Chicago and DC?  

Why is the bridge on Wabash raised to make a "moat" around Trump Tower in Chicago?? 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

What Federal property is there in Portland?

Are all of the Trump Properties Federal property? 

Why is there a police presence outside of Trump hotels in NY, Chicago and DC?  

Why is the bridge on Wabash raised to make a "moat" around Trump Tower in Chicago?? 

You're incoherent.  Go away.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, 123719bwiqrb said:

You're incoherent.  Go away.

You go away. 

Since when is Freedom of speech only for the Borg Collective?  

7 minutes ago, LB3 said:

@Teddy KGB Can you come bring the puppy back to the sandbox? He's shitting all over the place here and we just got a new rug. It really ties the room together.

Theodore Trump is always telling me to bring it to the PPP.