Jump to content
H2o

Jamal Adams Requesting A Trade

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don’t know about you guys but I would trade him straight up for Star Louteliliiliuoaiuoilu.

 

I’m guessing you bought some extra vowels at a volume discount? Trying to corner the market, are you? 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Augie said:

 

I’m guessing you bought some extra vowels at a volume discount? Trying to corner the market, are you? 


Did you know the Hawaiians love spam?  I heard they eat it 7 times a day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Definitely the antithesis of a "process guy,"  I heard that most employees become a representation of the personality, culture, and leadership (or lack thereof). Sounds like Jamal is a representative of two of Jets most common traits: hype and headaches.

 

Unfortunately, his third trait is a lot of talent, so Jets will get a decent return.

 

Stay classy Jets & Jamal!

 

Edited by Wizard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Royale with Cheese said:


Did you know the Hawaiians love spam?  I heard they eat it 7 times a day.

 

This is where your best nose tackles come from. 

 

 

Spam makes the NT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do I feel like he's done this 5x.  Then there is a "I'm good" retraction.  

 

I think he is a great player.  He would be a great fit for the Chiefs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

He signed a contract-he has no leverage. 

I love this comment.  It gets posted every time this situation occurs no matter how many times it’s proven wrong.  Of course he has leverage.  He’s using it right now.  There is a 100% chance that he eventually gets a new contract.  He is a GREAT player, easily the best on the team.  Drafting him is the best move they’ve made in years.  
 

Terrible franchises lose when they play hardball with great players.  Bill and the Patriots have the juice to screw players.  Gase and the Jets don’t.  The more they piss off Adams, the less they will get if they have to trade him.  See this thread if you’re wondering how this will play out.  

 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Billl said:

I love this comment.  It gets posted every time this situation occurs no matter how many times it’s proven wrong.  Of course he has leverage.  He’s using it right now.  There is a 100% chance that he eventually gets a new contract.  He is a GREAT player, easily the best on the team.  Drafting him is the best move they’ve made in years.  
 

Terrible franchises lose when they play hardball with great players.  Bill and the Patriots have the juice to screw players.  Gase and the Jets don’t.  The more they piss off Adams, the less they will get if they have to trade him.  See this thread if you’re wondering how this will play out.  

 


Yannick isn’t technically under contract (has to sign his franchise tender). Adams is under contract for two more seasons and the Jets can franchise him in 2022 if they want. 
 

He can B word and moan all he wants, but if he wants to play NFL football it’s on the Jets terms. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wppete said:

giphy.gif

 

One of the best plays in sports history.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Capco said:

 

 

 

Fooled me. 

 

I thought this was a reference to most of the Bills teams of the last 2 decades lol.  

I’m blanking - who requested a trade from the Bills. I know Watkins said he hoped to be traded, but it wasn’t reported he formally requested. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Logic said:

At a time when high quality coverage safeties are of the utmost importance and the NFL is more of a passing league than ever, I don't see a box safety like Adams being worth the money he likely wants and the headaches he seems to create.

It's not that he's not an elite box safety and a great leader -- he absolutely is both of those things. It's just that investing big bucks in a run-stopping safety who is not elite in coverage doesn't seem fiscally wise in the 2020 NFL.

Ship him out.


There's a lot here that I really agree with, but I think Adams’ coverage skills get underrated.  Coverage was his weak link, relatively speaking, coming out of college and that carried through his rookie season.  Since then he’s improved greatly, however.  Now he’s excellent across the board - he can play the run, cover and rush the passer.  He’d be perfect in a “positionless” defense like the Ravens and he could be a huge asset in any system that can utilize his whole skill set. 

 

The real issue with acquiring him is trading away a 2021 first round pick.  Usually teams have a reasonably good idea of where their pick will fall, but there is a ton of uncertainty about next year’s draft right now.  We could have a shortened season, a canceled season or some weird COVID-19 impacted season.  What if KC were to trade their first rounder (and more) for Adams and then have Mahomes and a bunch of other starters quarantined for six games of an eight game season?  All of a sudden that late first rounder is a top ten pick.  Scenarios like that could be even worse for teams expected to be in the middle of the pack.
 

I’d love to have Adams on my team, though.  I know that he’s not a fit for the Bills right now due to extensions for Poyer and Hyde, but I’d still love to have him.  Had Poyer not just gotten his extension I would have been very interested in trading him and picks for Adams (not that the Jest would trade with us).  He can make a huge impact on games, but it’s just a weird time for a team to trade for him.  It’ll be interesting to see what happens. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its been a hard story to follow, the guy clearly wants to go play for a winner, although his home state doesn't offer the two most stable franchises, but its clear to me hes sick of losing. I get that sense when the subsequent rumors are he wouldn't demand a new contract immediately with a new team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:


There's a lot here that I really agree with, but I think Adams’ coverage skills get underrated.  Coverage was his weak link, relatively speaking, coming out of college and that carried through his rookie season.  Since then he’s improved greatly, however.  Now he’s excellent across the board - he can play the run, cover and rush the passer.  He’d be perfect in a “positionless” defense like the Ravens and he could be a huge asset in any system that can utilize his whole skill set. 

 

The real issue with acquiring him is trading away a 2021 first round pick.  Usually teams have a reasonably good idea of where their pick will fall, but there is a ton of uncertainty about next year’s draft right now.  We could have a shortened season, a canceled season or some weird COVID-19 impacted season.  What if KC were to trade their first rounder (and more) for Adams and then have Mahomes and a bunch of other starters quarantined for six games of an eight game season?  All of a sudden that late first rounder is a top ten pick.  Scenarios like that could be even worse for teams expected to be in the middle of the pack.
 

I’d love to have Adams on my team, though.  I know that he’s not a fit for the Bills right now due to extensions for Poyer and Hyde, but I’d still love to have him.  Had Poyer not just gotten his extension I would have been very interested in reading him and picks for Adams.  He can make a huge impact on games, but I t’s just a weird time for a team to trade for him.  It’ll be interesting to see what happens. 


The only weakness Jamal has as a player is his hands. Dude can’t catch a cold-he’s probably dropped 4 or 5 interceptions in his career. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:


The only weakness Jamal has as a player is his hands. Dude can’t catch a cold-he’s probably dropped 4 or 5 interceptions in his career. 

That’s true, but I don’t ever expect a DB to have good hands. If they did, they’d be a WR.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW, my friend that is a lifelong Jets fan is thrilled about this. He wants no part of signing a box safety to a massive deal.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mr Wild said:

 

I dont know why but Syndrome from the Incredibles as Sam Darnold is so funny to me.

 

Because it's TRUE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

FWIW, my friend that is a lifelong Jets fan is thrilled about this. He wants no part of signing a box safety to a massive deal.

 He would more likely to get this deal from the Jets if he was coming from another team in FA. that seems to be how they operate. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don’t know about you guys but I would trade him straight up for Star Louteliliiliuoaiuoilu.


Didnt they have the same amount of ints last year?


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

 

Hate to say it, but you are 100 percent right. You can’t stand up there like Joe Douglas has preaching how you want to have “the best culture in sports” and have guys like this around. 

 

The Jets are 16-32 in Jamal Adams three years with the team. To paraphrase Branch Rickey “I can lose with you I can lose without you”. 


The Raiders trading Khalil Mack after the draft. Sometimes you misread the situation and have to bite the bullet. 

 

 

Trading Mack was a solid value move for the Raiders (not so much for the Bears).

 

Jets should get rid of him for the value in the picks.  He's not getting them any further this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recall Jamal making noise last off-season about wanting out.  Maybe this is some annual rant or something.  Being down here in "enemy territory" I know a lot of Jets fans.  As a group they have a very depressing mental state towards the team.  Even more depressing than we Bills fans had at our low points..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...