Jamal Adams Requesting A Trade

H2o

7 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I think we can agree if Adams leaves then the Jets defense goes right down the toilet

I tend to agree here. From reading a lot of this thread I’m not sure that Bills fans fully comprehend just how good Adams is. He’s the best safety in football (and I don’t think it’s that close). What separates Adams from everyone else is that he’s elite in coverage and in the box. Adams is a chess piece in the modern NFL. He can do everything and at a high level. If the Jets lose him the pass defense will crumble. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I tend to agree here. From reading a lot of this thread I’m not sure that Bills fans fully comprehend just how good Adams is. He’s the best safety in football (and I don’t think it’s that close). What separates Adams from everyone else is that he’s elite in coverage and in the box. Adams is a chess piece in the modern NFL. He can do everything and at a high level. If the Jets lose him the pass defense will crumble. 

Trade compensation will be tricky - how much is a team willing to trade?  A first and other picks maybe?  You have to immediately extend him. 

5 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Trade compensation will be tricky - how much is a team willing to trade?  A first and other picks maybe?  You have to immediately extend him. 

That’s what I’m thinking. I saw on the Jets message board they were complaining about a 1,3 and backup OL or a 1,5, and starting caliber DB. That seemed to be rumors from the Cowboys end. That actually feels like fair compensation IMO. That’s about what I’d expect. 

40 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Adams reportedly won’t require an immediate extension from certain teams. Which is smart of him because it will increase the chances of getting traded. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Anyone else? That was 10 years ago. 

46 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I mentioned that earlier - he’s the only one I could think of but its different situation than publically and officially requesting one.  

Byrd is the only other I can think of..  yeah I’m missing how it’s a chronic issue. 

2 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

I could see Gallup and 1st for Adams and a 3rd

I'd be surprised if they gave up a weapon like gallup on a season with super bowl aspirations.  Especially with nothing really behind gallup.  I think they think lamb's main contributions this year will likely come from the slot with a fair amount of 11 personnel groupings.  

12 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

No. They'll just have to find a way to get an extra 6.5 sacks out of their front seven. And if they succeed they'll be even better as presumably they'll actually have both safeties in coverage. 

That should be simple enough.  Just tell their front 7 to get a bunch more sacks.  Why stop at 6.5, though.  Tell them to get 20 more sacks and tell their other Defensive Backs to get a dozen more INTs.  Then you don’t have to pay anyone to play Adams’s position.  Just play 11 on 10.

2 hours ago, dneveu said:

I'd be surprised if they gave up a weapon like gallup on a season with super bowl aspirations.  Especially with nothing really behind gallup.  I think they think lamb's main contributions this year will likely come from the slot with a fair amount of 11 personnel groupings.  

How about Adams and Perriman for Godwin? Jets get stud #1 WR, Adams goes back to play for Bowles, Perriman replaces Godwin in Tampa as full time starter.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

How about Adams and Perriman for Godwin? Jets get stud #1 WR, Adams goes back to play for Bowles, Perriman replaces Godwin in Tampa as full time starter.

The Bucs aren’t taking weapons from Brady. The Gallup option makes a lot more sense. I could see Houston as well. Kenny Stills and a 1 (maybe a later pick) for Adams.

He is the best player on the team for sure, but that speaks volumes about the way our management drafted people over the past 10 drafts, very crappy! I dont want him to go, but i also dont want to pay a box safety the amount of money he wants. If he wants out then trade him for as much as you can get and spread the money out to other positions.

• Like (+1) 1