Jamal Adams Requesting A Trade

H2o

42 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I think contractually they have to keep him around because if I’m correct they’re still paying for Bowles and Ryan. I could be wrong on Ryan but I know they’re still paying off Bowles, that’s why they didn’t fire Gase last year. That would be 3 HCS on their payroll while 2 of them aren’t on the team anymore

The worst thing for a young QB is instability in the offensive system. It has screwed with Mayfield who is on his 4th OC now and Sam has had 2 in 2 years. Gase is a boob but they really kind of had to stick with him past 1 year imo. I think both of their spots are tenuous because gase/Douglas didn’t draft Sam and aren’t as invested in his success  as they would be if they were tied to him. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

Adams is a better player than all those guys you mentioned. He played equal snaps at slot CB, S, and OLB and Gregg Williams ran the defense through him.

There isn’t anyone other than a Bills fan who would take Micah Hyde over Jamal Adams.

Well, as long as Adams is doing his me first I want a trade schtick, you better believe I would rather have Hyde.  

• Like (+1) 5

Is this all because they haven’t given him a long term deal yet? (that’s what I read)

Its not exactly like everything in the NFL is just business as usual at the moment. There’s an awful lot of uncertainty. The Jets picked up his 5th year option, so he’s already under contract for this season and next. I don’t know that their #1 priority right now is a huge contract for a safety who’s still under contract 2 more seasons. 

51 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The worst thing for a young QB is instability in the offensive system. It has screwed with Mayfield who is on his 4th OC now and Sam has had 2 in 2 years. Gase is a boob but they really kind of had to stick with him past 1 year imo. I think both of their spots are tenuous because gase/Douglas didn’t draft Sam and aren’t as invested in his success  as they would be if they were tied to him. 

I’m thinking if Darnold has another bad year and if the Jets keep Gase, that  Gase would request that he and Douglas can draft their own QB. I think those reports are true about Gase not wanting Darnold and that he didn’t like him when he was still in Miami

2 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

And what did the jets do in the playoffs?? That’s right they choked. 

I think that goes to show that Peyton Manning is not a good evaluator of talent. Like what In the hell did he see in Adam Gase that made him think that he was HC material lol

Maybe Gase did a good job of shutting up and letting Peyton call the play?

• Like (+1) 1

The only one I can see based on draft pics and $ available is Jax, which is going from one crappy team to another.  Fine with me, but the more opportune thing for Bills fans is he pulls a L. Bell and is dumb enough to sit out for the year, lose a year of eligibility, and away from the Jets, even though we can and have beaten them with him.  You can’t count the last game last year as we played second teasers, vs. our starters crushing them.  A mistake in my opinion.  We should have at least played all starters for a half to keep them in rhythm,  Too many examples of outside of dinged up people resting people has not worked well.

If he moves to Jax, who cares as they are a mess, and wouldn’t see the, until the playoffs which won’t happen.  They’ll never make a wildcard and Indy, or Houston would probably win the AFCS.  Either way, we win.  The guy again I’ll say is not smart as he has no leverage and the only thing he has is holding out.  He hurts from that decision, ala talk to Bell in private.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I’m thinking if Darnold has another bad year and if the Jets keep Gase, that  Gase would request that he and Douglas can draft their own QB. I think those reports are true about Gase not wanting Darnold and that he didn’t like him when he was still in Miami

that doesn’t make much sense. Why go there if you don’t like Darnold 

19 hours ago, Logic said:

At a time when high quality coverage safeties are of the utmost importance and the NFL is more of a passing league than ever, I don't see a box safety like Adams being worth the money he likely wants and the headaches he seems to create.

It's not that he's not an elite box safety and a great leader -- he absolutely is both of those things. It's just that investing big bucks in a run-stopping safety who is not elite in coverage doesn't seem fiscally wise in the 2020 NFL.

Ship him out.

Rush the QB, that's it. Too much PI. Defenses give up 50+ yards every drive to get a short field, and hope someone goes Offside or fumbles.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I was happy as could by when the Jets hired Gase. I knew that he would waste at least 2 years of Darnold's career in NY, if not more, and possibly ruin the entire thing. I was also happy when they hired Gregg because I know at some point his ego and Gase's coupled together will cause the same reaction as a Mento dropped in a Coke bottle. This season is definitely getting off on the "good foot" so to speak. :lol:

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

that doesn’t make much sense. Why go there if you don’t like Darnold 

There was no where for him to go. Plus since he’s a ego maniac I think he only took the Jets job to try and get back at Miami for letting him go. Honestly Gase is Richard Kotite 2.0

7 hours ago, DCOrange said:

FWIW, my friend that is a lifelong Jets fan is thrilled about this. He wants no part of signing a box safety to a massive deal.

From checking out the comments on the Jets message board it seems 80% of Jets fans feel the same way as your friend. Maybe 20-30 years ago he would have been one of the best safeties ever but in today's game I'm not making an average coverage safety the highest paid defensive back in the league. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, H2o said:

I was happy as could by when the Jets hired Gase. I knew that he would waste at least 2 years of Darnold's career in NY, if not more, and possibly ruin the entire thing. I was also happy when they hired Gregg because I know at some point his ego and Gase's coupled together will cause the same reaction as a Mento dropped in a Coke bottle. This season is definitely getting off on the "good foot" so to speak. :lol:

Yes, Gase is the gift that keeps on giving.