Gretchen Whitmer

There is just something about her that really rubs me the wrong way. I’m not someone who is ardent Democrat or Republican and I have nothing against women in leadership positions (I actually voted Hillary). 

I just can’t pinpoint it with her, but every time I hear her talk I get annoyed. Obviously I don’t condone violence, but I can see why she in particular is riling folks up out there. It just seems like more so than other democratic governors she is really using this horrible situation to build up her brand. 

Am I wrong for thinking this? To be clear I don’t live in Michigan and don’t really have an opinion on what the right course of action is for her particular state. 

7 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

There is just something about her that really rubs me the wrong way. I’m not someone who is ardent Democrat or Republican and I have nothing against women in leadership positions (I actually voted Hillary). 

I just can’t pinpoint it with her, but every time I hear her talk I get annoyed. Obviously I don’t condone violence, but I can see why she in particular is riling folks up out there. It just seems like more so than other democratic governors she is really using this horrible situation to build up her brand. 

Am I wrong for thinking this? To be clear I don’t live in Michigan and don’t really have an opinion on what the right course of action is for her particular state. 

It seemed like they tried to set her up for being the VP nominee by giving her the latest SOTU rebuttal, but she's ***** that up with her actions during the pandemic.  I doubt she gets re-elected to any position again.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

I just can’t pinpoint it with her, but every time I hear her talk I get annoyed.

She smiles when she talks to the cameras, even though she doesn’t want to smile while talking. 

Trump supporter pretending to be a normal person? 

• Like (+1) 1

Like most Democrats, she comes across as a power hungry sociopath weaponizing “political correctness” to usurp even more power and rights from citizens.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Trump supporter pretending to be a normal person? 

Just when I thought that this weekend was going to be Tiberius free.......................................  And it is not as simple as giving the toilet handle another tug to see if the turd will finally go away...................................

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Just when I thought that this weekend was going to be Tiberius free.......................................  And it is not as simple as giving the toilet handle another tug to see if the turd will finally go away...................................

Lol, eat sh it loser 

12 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

You will cry if I don't give you attention.  Probably negatively affects your Soros backed paycheck if the post backs decline.

Isn’t there any garbage that needs cleaned up around the trailer park? Go get to work! 

Have a a good day Rob, I’m out ?️

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Isn’t there any garbage that needs cleaned up around the trailer park? Go get to work! 

Have a a good day Rob, I’m out ?️

You screwed up.  That should be a Q Tip retort done under that sock.  Anyways, no trailer park for me so nobody to stop you from peeking through the bathroom window of the mobile home on straw bales next to yours.  My house is made with bricks and sits on a cinder block foundation with full basement.  Thanks for asking.  

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

Like most Democrats, she comes across as a power hungry sociopath weaponizing “political correctness” to usurp even more power and rights from citizens.

Yes, she does. If (half)Whitmer wasn’t a woman, she’d be described as having a very punchable face lol. She is the very definition of a liberal tyrant. Just a power mad, nanny state loving dictator. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yes, she does. If (half)Whitmer wasn’t a woman, she’d be described as having a very punchable face lol. She is the very definition of a liberal tyrant. Just a power mad, nanny state loving dictator. 

Yes, she's a government knows best politician and doesn't like her decisions questioned by the little people. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Yes, she's a government knows best politician and doesn't like her decisions questioned by the little people. 

My favorite was when she proclaimed nazis we’re marching on her office. Hey Gretchen! The flags were there to say that YOU’RE the one acting like a Nazi! She’s dumb as a bag of rocks.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

My favorite was when she proclaimed nazis we’re marching on her office. Hey Gretchen! The flags were there to say that YOU’RE the one acting like a Nazi! She’s dumb as a bag of rocks.

Why are you insulting rocks?

Edited by Just Joshin'

3 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

a liberal floater?

You guys criticizing Gretchen should walk a mile in her high heels. She clearly has her head on straight and knows that fish caught out of a canoe are better for you than those caught out of a boat with a motor. 

See the source image

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

You screwed up.  That should be a Q Tip retort done under that sock.  Anyways, no trailer park for me so nobody to stop you from peeking through the bathroom window of the mobile home on straw bales next to yours.  My house is made with bricks and sits on a cinder block foundation with full basement.  Thanks for asking.  

Wow, that sounds like a nice house! I have no problem with the government funding re tards. It’s actually quite a nice gesture. Once again, congrats! 

5 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

Wow, that sounds like a nice house! I have no problem with the government funding re tards. It’s actually quite a nice gesture. Once again, congrats! 

I wish all my walls said Genny Cream Ale on them.  Actually, I don't.  Your county sponsored garden should have sprouts coming up.  Next job for you will be to transplant the tomatoes and the cukes.  I hear fishing is good down on the creek.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I wish all my walls said Genny Cream Ale on them.  Actually, I don't.  Your county sponsored garden should have sprouts coming up.  Next job for you will be to transplant the tomatoes and the cukes.  I hear fishing is good down on the creek.

Fishing is great. I don’t even have to leave my property. 

9 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

My favorite was when she proclaimed nazis we’re marching on her office.

Hey Gretchen! The flags were there to say that YOU’RE the one acting like a Nazi!                                     She’s dumb as a bag of rocks.

Thumbnail

16 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

We really have no idea how Trump beat Hillary...

---- Most Liberals nearly 4 years later. 

They know....it was all those raysis and sexist Trump voters.  ?

State of emergency declared, evacuations underway for 10,000 residents in Michigan following dam failure

https://www.accuweather.com/en/severe-weather/state-of-emergency-declared-evacuations-underway-for-10000-residents-in-michigan-following-dam-failure/742939

No one hurt so far thank God.

Edited by B-Man

On 5/16/2020 at 8:37 AM, Doc said:

It seemed like they tried to set her up for being the VP nominee by giving her the latest SOTU rebuttal, but she's ***** that up with her actions during the pandemic.  I doubt she gets re-elected to any position again.

The trajectory of her polling data by mid-summer will dictate whether she is the pick.  Biden has a bit of a dilemma on his hands.  He has to pick a female running mate, both for practical reasons and because he locked himself in there.  He owes the African-American community for his miraculous turnaround in the primaries, and he probably should pick an African-American running mate for that reason.  The most palatable one to the broadest group of people probably is Kamala Harris, but she isn’t going to deliver a state.  If Stacey Abrams could so deliver, she probably would have won Georgia.  But Whitmer might be able to deliver Michigan, and Biden probably can deliver African-Americans on his own.  If the polls suggest as much for Whitmer, she might be the pick. 

All this said, I’d try to find an Hispanic woman to put on the ticket, hope Biden can do the work in the Great Lakes, and make Trump play defense in Texas, Arizona, and Florida.  But Biden has to be confident in his ability to win one or both of Pennsylvania and Michigan on his own, and to deliver Obama-ish African-American turnout, for that to happen. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

The trajectory of her polling data by mid-summer will dictate whether she is the pick.  Biden has a bit of a dilemma on his hands.  He has to pick a female running mate, both for practical reasons and because he locked himself in there.  He owes the African-American community for his miraculous turnaround in the primaries, and he probably should pick an African-American running mate for that reason.  The most palatable one to the broadest group of people probably is Kamala Harris, but she isn’t going to deliver a state.  If Stacey Abrams could so deliver, she probably would have won Georgia.  But Whitmer might be able to deliver Michigan, and Biden probably can deliver African-Americans on his own.  If the polls suggest as much for Whitmer, she might be the pick. 

All this said, I’d try to find an Hispanic woman to put on the ticket, hope Biden can do the work in the Great Lakes, and make Trump play defense in Texas, Arizona, and Florida.  But Biden has to be confident in his ability to win one or both of Pennsylvania and Michigan on his own, and to deliver Obama-ish African-American turnout, for that to happen. 

Very good analysis. ?

Edited by MILFHUNTER#518

10 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Very good analysis. ?

Thanks.  We’ll see how it plays out.  This is such a bizarre year.  Joe Biden from 10 years ago would have been a great candidate.  This version of Joe . . . It’s sort of sad that the Democrats couldn’t come up with a transformational or even marginally better candidate to run against one of the most divisive figures in our country’s history.  It’s even stranger that Biden is holding his own simply by sitting at home.  But ultimately the fact that Biden came out of the primaries probably says that middle America wants someone who is reasonable, moderate, and “straight” (in a political and ethical context) to take the reigns.  Time will tell.   Ultimately I think the whole thing turns on how things are in October with respect to the pandemic and the economy.  If things are looking up on those fronts, Trump might squeak by.  If not, a scarecrow running against him would win.  And even if the economy and the pandemic are “good,” there might be enough people in the “middle” who are sick enough of the BS for Biden to sneak in. 

...back off attack dawgs....sure sounds like she has Michigan is on top of their infrastructure......and their AG said Trump is not welcome after Ford visit.....yet the Feds check for disaster declaration is welcomed.....to be re-elected in a landslide not doubt......

Feds revoked license for failed Edenville dam in 2018 amid concerns it couldn't withstand major flooding

Published 6 hours ago

MIDLAND CO. Mich. - The previous owner of the Edenville hydroelectric dam that failed to hold back rising floodwaters and eventually ruptured Tuesday had its license revoked in 2018.

Boyce Hydro Power which operated the dam before agreeing to sell it this year had failed for years to make repairs to it. In 2018, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) ordered the company to shut down all electric-generating equipment. Among chief concerns from the regulatory commission was potential for the dam to fail if floodwaters rose to high.

On Tuesday, after heavy rain over the weekend and into the week, the dam ruptured allowing water from the Wixom lake to spill through the barrier. The rushing waters then burst another dam, forcing the evacuation of thousands of residents around the Tittabawassee River and Gov. Gretchen Whitmer to issue a state of emergency for Midland County.

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/feds-revoked-license-for-failed-edenville-dam-in-2018-amid-concerns-it-couldnt-withstand-major-flooding

GREAT LAKES ECHO-By Justin Anderson

There are more than 2,600 dams in Michigan, many of which are not maintained and no longer serve a purpose.

Many are considered unsafe due to risk of collapse.  Unmaintained dams deteriorate, threatening homes and property or people who may be downstream, said Chris Freiburger, a supervisor with the fisheries division of the Michigan Department of Natural Resources.

https://greatlakesecho.org/2013/04/22/michigan-pulls-the-plug-on-dams/

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer extends Michigan stay home order to June 12.

Given that Dr. Fauci has said, as CNBC reports, “staying closed for too long could cause ‘irreparable damage,’” I’m assuming Gov. Karen is fine with that notion.

On the other hand, as Melissa Mackenzie of the American Spectatotweets, “I want Whitmer to lock down Michigan until the state is punished so severely for voting Democrat, they don’t do it again for a generation.”

• Haha (+1) 2

On 5/21/2020 at 10:37 AM, SectionC3 said:

George Will has a nice article on Gina Raimondo https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/this-is-the-vice-president-who-would-restore-adult-supervision-in-washington/2020/05/21/ae64cd00-9b8d-11ea-ac72-3841fcc9b35f_story.html

She should be in the administration if not the VP pick. She’s a good one 

The Detroit Free Press poll released early this week found that Michiganders by a 69 percent to 22 percent margin say “protests at the state Capitol against Whitmer’s stay-at-home orders sent a wrong message.” While there were partisan differences, the gap between Democrats and Republicans was not as wide as you might expect (“more than 90% of Democrats, 70% of Independents and 55% of Republican leaners agreeing the protests were wrong — only one group, strongly Republican men, had a majority that felt they sent the right message, by a margin of 58%-30%.”)

• Like (+1) 1

I have only watched the video once, it is sickening. I won't post it directly.............it is in the story if you wish to hit the link.

Explain to me “why” authorities in a Democrat-run state would place a 20 year old punk with coronavirus into a nursing home where he not only brutally attacked an elderly veteran...but exposed the most at-risk group there is to the virus?

20-year-old beating suspect was moved to nursing home because he has COVID-19, says father

DETROIT (WXYZ) — Relatives of the 75-year-old man who was brutally beaten inside the Westwood Nursing Center began to suspect something was wrong because they couldn't get in touch with him and they said neither could staffers at the Veterans Hospital.

What they now know is that, for some reason, the Army veteran was taken from his apartment in Detroit to the Westwood Nursing Center on Schaefer on the city's west side.

And that is where the senior citizen was assaulted by another patient, a 20-year-old man, who was arrested Thursday after video of the beating went viral.

After seeing the video, the victim's family says they were horrified and are now trying to process what happened and gather information.

The Army veteran is now at a local hospital.

The suspect's father, who asked not to be named, said his son has mental health issues and a pending assault case in Washtenaw County and should never have been placed in the nursing home.

"He has issues and for them to put him in a facility like that, nothing good was going to happen," the suspect's father told 7 Action News.

He said his son was recently moved to the nursing center because the 20-year-old was diagnosed with COVID-19 at the University of Michigan Hospital.

The father said he's been working with Washtenaw County Mental Health Services to get his son the help he needs and that he was placed in a group home in Chelsea. But, recently, he said his son began hearing voices and that's when he was taken to the hospital and it was there he says that his son was diagnosed with COVID-19.

"He never should have been housed... quarantined with the victim that he eventually assaulted. That should have never happened," he said. "Someone dropped the ball."

https://www.wxyz.com/news/region/detroit/20-year-old-beating-suspect-was-moved-to-nursing-home-because-he-has-covid-19-says-father

• Thank you (+1) 1