Bleacher report predicts Bills record 11-5

4 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I'll start with  ... I have not paid a lot of attention to teams gains and losses.  Hard to say indicates my uneducated opinion. Josh was a road warrior in 2-19 but I base that on the opponents faced.

Miami Dolphins    Improved -- Hard to say. Will they go with the rookie QB?   2 W
New England Patriots    Improved -- LOL  HELL no.    2 W
New York Jets    Improved -- Hard to say  1-1
Denver Broncos    Improved -- Lock has 5 games played and he was given "talent" but .... W
Kansas City Chiefs    Improved -- when you are on top ..... L
Oakland Raiders    Improved -- They are the Raiders   W
Los Angeles Chargers    Improved -- Tyrod Taylor at QB W
Arizona Cardinals    Improved -- Hard to say.  Young QB and the leagues oldest WR W
Los Angeles Rams    Improved -- Hard to say. they Goff factor -- In Buff W, in LA L
Seattle Seahawks    Improved -- Hard to say.  In Buff W, in Seattle L
San Francisco 49ers    Improved -- Jimmy G almost got traded.  What's that say for them?    In Buff W, in SF L
Tennessee Titans    Improved --  I like Tannehill but --- Come On Man  W
Pittsburgh Steelers     Improved -- Only with a healthy and efficient Big Ben.  W 

Miami is improved from last season and I think the Jets are as well but more so marginally (improved the O-line heavily but stagnated almost everywhere else on the roster) but the Pats are much more vulnerable. So is the division hard or easier than last season? I would say it is about the same. Miami improved, the Jets slightly improved and the Patriots stepped back. 

Based on the rest of the schedule it is hard to make any real legitimate predictions as the NFL is such a volatile league, often times games you thought would be easy are hard and games you thought would be hard are easy. I think looking at the schedule beyond your divison can often be misleading. A lot of people around here were talking about how brutal last year’s schedule was going to be beyond the first few weeks. And guess what it didn’t get hard until way later and even in the team’s brutal 4 game stretch 2 of the games were wins and against opponents who were softer than previously thought (Pitt and Dal.)

The Bills have the talent to hand with anyone in this league. The schedule isn’t going to be a major factor, Josh’s development and general health of the roster (which is every year) will determine how far this team goes. 

The only game on the schedule that looks unwinnable is the Chiefs game. Then against last year the only game I thought unwinnable was the Cowboys game, and well... it turned out okay. We have the talent to beat every team in the league IF Josh Allen progresses. We don't really have any other weaknesses. I would argue our roster from top to bottom is as good as anyone in the league. Allen is the question mark.

5 hours ago, Greg S said:

Two things with the offense 1) the OL needs to improve in pass protection and 2) Allen improving obviously. At the skill positions the Bills are loaded so if these two things happen then top 10 should be a given with a shot at top 5.

Add dropped passes to the list of needed improvements,  our receivers as a whole have ranked poorly in this category two years running. 

I do believe that we can win the division and go deep into the post season if the drop rate improves to a bit better than the league average, this needs to happen for team goals to be achieved. 

Go Bills!!!

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m on record saying that 9 wins takes this division.  The Bills could go 9-7 and be a better team than they were last year.  It’s a really tough schedule right now. 

Valid point,

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m on record saying that 9 wins takes this division.  The Bills could go 9-7 and be a better team than they were last year.  It’s a really tough schedule right now. 

Yes, of course the Bills should be better.  The on paper improvements to  the offense alone - Diggs/Moss, continuity of oline and OC, and experience for Josh.  The Bills should have improved more than most teams.

As for tough schedule - outside the division- yes.  But the division, namely the Patriots has softened incredibly.  The Bills went 3-3 in the division last year, this year the Bills should be favored in every divisional game.  Miami is in the first year of a rebuild, the Bills improved more than the Jets and were better than them last year, and the Pats are in tank mode.

So if the Bills are projected at 6-0 in the division, they only need to go 5-5 outside of the division to hit the 11-5 mark.  Very doable.

7 hours ago, BillsFanThru-N-Thru said:

I'm  thinking 10-6.  There's always that 1 game  that we will lose that we shouldn't

The range is 9-11 wins. I realistically don't see us going outside this. You can't ignore the harder schedule but you have include an extra win or two due to the Patriots weakness. I personally see 10-6 and winning the AFCE. That would be quite an improvement from last year. And it would also eliminate a few more of the JA haters.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Yes, of course the Bills should be better.  The on paper improvements to  the offense alone - Diggs/Moss, continuity of oline and OC, and experience for Josh.  The Bills should have improved more than most teams.

As for tough schedule - outside the division- yes.  But the division, namely the Patriots has softened incredibly.  The Bills went 3-3 in the division last year, this year the Bills should be favored in every divisional game.  Miami is in the first year of a rebuild, the Bills improved more than the Jets and were better than them last year, and the Pats are in tank mode.

So if the Bills are projected at 6-0 in the division, they only need to go 5-5 outside of the division to hit the 11-5 mark.  Very doable.

The only route to 11 for me is for the Bills to go 6-0 in the division. Last year I had a couple of routes to 11 and had we tried week 17 we would have got there. This year think it requires dominating the division.

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I would bet a significant amount of money we don’t go 6-0 in the division. I think we go 4-2.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The only route to 11 for me is for the Bills to go 6-0 in the division. Last year I had a couple of routes to 11 and had we tried week 17 we would have got there. This year think it requires dominating the division.

6-0 in the division is a tall order. Even during the dynasty years the Pats usually had a divisional loss (at Miami mostly) most years.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I would bet a significant amount of money we don’t go 6-0 in the division. I think we go 4-2.

Might not go 6-0, but what I'm saying is the Bills should be favored in all of the division games.  Someone posted the early Vegas odds and I believe that is already the case.

And if the Bills go 5-1 division they would just need 6-4 out of division.  Still doable (AZ, Pitt, LAR, LAC, Denver, Seattle).

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

2012 was the last time they went 6-0 in the division.

It's tough to win divisional games since they are usually hard fought, and the teams are very familiar with one another. With the Bills receiving all of this media "love", you know the Pats, Jets, and Fins are going to be extra motivated (especially the Pats) to beat the Bills. Even the Bills teams of the early 90's struggled to sweep the division. 

• Like (+1) 1

it's nice to see the show of respect from an 11 win prediction. I really like everything that has happened for the Bills this off season save for the pandemic. Still we got most of our wins last year against powder puff teams and some of those were very close games. Looking at our opponents I don't think 11 wins is unreasonable given that we face 5 playoff teams. If Allen and Diggs get in synch we could be scary good.

I think 10-6 due to depth only. However predictions are a joke when half the league might get a virus and the league might look like a strike season full of random unexpected starters.

On 4/30/2020 at 7:06 AM, aristocrat said:

It's all on Allen. If singletary stays healthy, moss better than Gore, and the true number 1 Diggs coming in doesn't elevate Allen we have a problem.  I'm expecting over 4k yards passing and around 30 tds passing from Allen.  If that happens we will win more than 11 games.  

Without a doubt some of it will be squarely on Josh's shoulders, but there's a couple things that will need to improve on offense for this offense to start racking up points like we all are dying to see. First off the RB position will need to provide more than the 4 rushing TDs that they combined for last year. Our QB shouldn't have more than twice the rushing TDs than all our RBs combined. The offensive line will need to do better when facing the better defensive lines in league. They held their own against average to below average D-Lines, but mostly got manhandled against the better ones. They also need to limit their penalties. Far too often last year we found ourselves in 1st & 20 or 2nd & 20. Those type of penalties are drive killers. Knox will need to take a step forward and eliminate the drops when passes hit him right in the hands(Oddly he had a couple really tough catches). He also needs to improve with his blocking. Lastly Daboll has got to do a better job of play calling and limit the times he's out thinking himself. There are times he has some really good play calling and other times he leaves you screaming at the TV. He needs to be more consistent.

Josh needs to do a better job hitting the deep ball. Last year he improved a lot in the short and intermediate passing game, now he needs to find the touch of the long vertical routes(He did look better towards the end of the year). Now he has some play makers, he needs to get them the ball and let them do what they were brought in to do. He needs to realize sometimes less is more. If we can get a majority of these things to happen next year we will all feel much better about the offense.

On 4/30/2020 at 5:50 AM, GunnerBill said:

At the moment I am leaning towards 10-6 again but 10-6 and an AFCE division title. 

This is where I’m at. In fact, I’m more confident in the division title than the 10 wins. I’m having a really difficult time finding a path for anyone else to win the division. 

• Like (+1) 1