Draft Season: Biggest misses

4 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Owen Schmidt was a FB that some of us on the BBMB were obsessed with.

I was pumped for Cyrus K and the LB we traded to KC whos name I foget.

Hadn’t thought about Owen Schmidt in years.

people were fired up about him because — and this is true — he smashed his own helmet against his head repeatedly until he bled to get fired up for games. 

He was Bbmb’s number one draft crush that year. A fullback. Who made himself bleed. From the head. On purpose. Yep.

• Haha (+1) 1

Kelvin Sheppard is one, starting MLB on LSU? Nope he stunk. 

I thought Cardale Jones would have turned out better than he has, but he looks absolutely lost when he is out there. 

A lot of the old Bills message board was wrong about Malcolm Kelly. 

He was softer than ice cream.

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm going to be honest, I'm never too low on a player. If anything I can overshoot a bit on some of my favorites but that is also rare...

I have forseen the likes of:

Christian McCaffrey

Luke Kuechly

JJ and TJ Watt

Joey and Nick Bosa

Cooper Kupp

Julian Edelman

Eric Weddle

Wes Welker

Leighton Vander Esch

Harrison Smith

Gronk

Ryan Kerrigan

Soon to be:

TJ Hockenson

Josh Allen

18 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Kelvin Sheppard is one, starting MLB on LSU? Nope he stunk. 

I thought Cardale Jones would have turned out better than he has, but he looks absolutely lost when he is out there. 

A lot of the old Bills message board was wrong about Malcolm Kelly. 

He was softer than ice cream.

I remember that year. The great Limas Sweed vs Malcolm Kelly debates. Both turned out to be complete duds.

Edited by Logic

2 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I'm going to be honest, I'm never too low on a player. If anything I can overshoot a bit on some of my favorites but that is also rare...

Christian McCaffrey

Luke Kuechly

JJ and TJ Watt

Joey and Nick Bosa

Cooper Kupp

Julian Edelman

Eric Weddle

Wes Welker

Leighton Vander Esch

Harrison Smith

Gronk

Ryan Kerrigan

Soon to be:

TJ Hockenson

Josh Allen

No **** Sherlock lol but even my grandmother knew these were really good players lol

Edited by Buffalo716

2 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Christian McCaffrey

Luke Kuechly

JJ and TJ Watt

Joey and Nick Bosa

Cooper Kupp

Julian Edelman

Eric Weddle

Wes Welker

Leighton Vander Esch

Harrison Smith

Gronk

Ryan Kerrigan

Soon to be:

TJ Hockenson

Josh Allen

Counting the hits and ignoring the misses makes anyone look impressive.

12 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

No **** Sherlock lol but even my grandmother knew these were really good players lol

But she didn't know McCaffrey would go on to be the best RB ever

12 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Counting the hits and ignoring the misses makes anyone look impressive.

I don't have many misses

8 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that i need to own this too. I really was sure he was going to be, at worst, Andy Daltonish. I thought that he had a high floor and high ceiling. I was so pissed when they said “Allen” instead of “Rosen.” 

Honestly, Rosen has gotten a crap luck start in the NFL.  Has put behind a terrible AZ line as a rookie, then traded to the tanking Miami team...

If some team would actually give the kid a shot behind a decent Oline, he might flourish... BUT just like the knock on him coming out of college, his psyche might be completely shot.

• Like (+1) 4

5 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Actually I thought, still think TJ Hock is overrated. He is a starting tight end. But he isn't gonna be an elite guy and if you are taking a tight end in the 1st they better be. 

8 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Whoa there pilgrim

Let's see in 12 to 15 . Jim Brown ,OJ ,sweetness, Barry

Kids got to earn it

I'm just letting everybody know ahead of time since if I wait until he is already HoF bound everybody will be like well no duh everybody knew this! 

I'm trying to lock up my Co-GM spot with either Beane or Mayock

2 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

From memory, late 1st, 3rd (due to age/testing) and late 1st.

I can see why you had those grades...

I had McCaffrey 1st overall, Kupp early 2nd due to age only and Watt top 10.

1 minute ago, Blokestradamus said:

We think with very different heads though.

This is true, well at least we know my ? is never wrong...

This will be me when I get my GM role... now I would just have to make somebody else run up to the podium at this point to deliver the pick

how-much-do-you-trust-your-penis.gif

12 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Sammy Watkins.  I thought he would be an instant WR1 and stay there for years.

Same here. I live in South Carolina and watch a ton of Clemson games. He also had just dominated Ohio State in the bowl game. I called WGR the day of the draft and told Sal that I wanted the Bills to trade up and take Sammy. They did but it was kind of downhill from there. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I thought Pat Mahomes would bust. Strong arm, physical, but inconsistent accuracy and decision making and he played in an air raid offense in college. Credit to the Chiefs for being patient with him and turning him into the most exciting player in the league.

I did too. To me, he looked like a 14 year old punk you would see selling weed under a bridge somewhere. I just didn't think he was a mature adult, and figured he would crumble under the pressure of being a pro. Boy, was I wrong. 

12 minutes ago, skibum said:

To me, he looked like a 14 year old punk you would see selling weed under a bridge somewhere.

I just didn't think he was a mature adult.....

LOLOL!!! I know you meant no harm, but srsly?

Who sells weed under a bridge? "A mature adult", hell an immature kid knows better than that.

12 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Christian McCaffrey

Luke Kuechly

JJ and TJ Watt

Joey and Nick Bosa

Cooper Kupp

Julian Edelman

Eric Weddle

Wes Welker

Leighton Vander Esch

Harrison Smith

Gronk

Ryan Kerrigan

Soon to be:

TJ Hockenson

Josh Allen

You didn’t list any CB’s. How did you feel about Jason Sehorn?

And what about Isabella the Great?

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Rico

18 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

2015 - Way too high on David Cobb (Minnesota RB), Kevin White, Devante Parker, Maxx Williams (Walford and Koyack also crashed and burned, RIP my credibility). Xavier Cooper, Owa Odighizuwa, Paul Dawson, Hayes Pullard, Eric Rowe. Best player I was way too low on, probably Jamison Crowder.

2016 - Most of the WR class, if I'm honest. Stephen Anderson (Cal TE), Landon Turner, Noah Spence, Bronson Kaufusi, Jeremy Cash, AJ Stamps. I was a lot lower on Buckner, Hunter Henry & Jack Conklin.

I'm not going any further or I'll cry :D

I'm doing good, thanks. How are you?

Didn't you tell us OL Jon Miller was going to be the cat's pajamas?

10 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Didn't you tell us OL Jon Miller was going to be the cat's pajamas?

I definitely thought he was going to be a decent fit for what Greg Roman was running. His second year, we started to see some of that come to fruition. Then the scheme changed.

I don't call having a Late 2nd - Early 3rd grade on a guy that's been a low-end starter for 60 games a miss though.

Edited by Blokestradamus

18 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

This is mine too. 

The other one that springs to mind is Corey Davis the receiver the Titans took. I was convinced he was a #1 guy. 

I think with Rosen the problem seems to be with his work ethic and attitude rather than his physical talent.  While there were suggestions in media that maybe football wasn’t important enough to him, that stuff is really hard for anyone to have insight into unless you can interview him, his coaches and others around him - stuff that nobody here has access to.

Ryan Mallett.

Kid  had a cannon for an arm and some off the field issues which meant we could pick him up later.

Was so pissed when the Pats took him and thought he might eventually take over for Tommy boy???

Edited by Buffalo Boy
  • Like (+1) 1

I remember thinking that Soloman Thomas was going to be great.  I also didn’t like Mahomes or Watson - I thought that Watson’s receivers in college made him look better than he was and I didn’t thought that Mahomes college offense and his school yard plays wouldn’t translate to the NFL.

Hmm, not so good on those counts...

11 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Whoa there pilgrim

Let's see in 12 to 15 . Jim Brown ,OJ ,sweetness, Barry

Kids got to earn it

If Rhule/ Brady use him correctly he might be on his way to the HOF . If they run him into the ground , maybe not.

2 hours ago, Rico said:

You didn’t list any CB’s. How did you feel about Jason Sehorn?

And what about Isabella the Great?

maxresdefault.jpg

Well, loved Jason Sehorn. I think we are seeig some discrimination in the DB department honestly. Hopefully that will work itself out.

Isabella is going to be dangerous, not sure why he didn't have a breakout season yet but with Hopkins maybe he will get his this coming season! I know Renfrow started slow but picked it up at the end of the year as well!

2 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Getting a strong whiff of shooting first and then painting the target around the arrow then.

Not even close, I have had meltdowns to the point of a temporary ban on missing out on some of these guys as proof.

I do have misses but it is over shooting on some of these guys... Hock and Isabella could be case and point if they don't pick it up these next few seasons.